Are you feeling like your B2B content strategy is no longer relevant? Do your methods not seem to produce the same results as they used to?
It's essential to keep up with current trends in digital marketing if you want your audience to be relevant and to avoid being left behind by your competitors. If your content strategy has not been updated in 12 months, it's time for a review. Find out what's working and think about new strategies to maximize your content.
Brands have the ability to use AI to create and promote content at their best.
Personalized content increases conversion rates and creates one-to-one customer-brand relationships
Your employees are the best people to tell your brand's story.
Live video shows your transparency and authenticity to customers.
Data allows companies to continuously improve and refine their strategies using real insights.
Content marketing agencies can help you save money and implement more scalable strategies.
AI-Powered Content Production and Distribution
Websites, apps, businesses, and other entities are increasingly collecting data about customers and online behavior at an alarming rate. Global data consumption is projected to rise to 174 zettabytes, or 21 zeros. It is expected to double its 2021 rate by 2024.
Image Source: Finances online
Although the data can be overwhelming and difficult to understand, machines are skilled at identifying patterns and trends in data.
Artificial intelligence software is now able to assist with all aspects of content marketing, from the discovery of topic trends and optimization of headlines to maximize impact and click-through rates to automatically determining which social networks are best to promote content.
Intelligent software can speed up content production and make it more efficient. It can also help you create content that is more relevant to your audience's needs.
AI and greater data collection make it possible to provide highly personalized experiences to every member of your audience.
You can create "hyper-personalized" content experiences for each user by gathering data such as demographics, browsing habits, and past engagement with your brand. This information can be used to tailor-make the experience to their needs and make it as engaging and useful as possible.
According to Salesforce, 84% of customers feel that they are treated as a person and not just a number when it comes to winning their business. This is true for both B2C and B2B content marketing.
Customers also expect personalized conveniences such as connected processes (think Omnichannel Communication), sellers who can understand their needs and wants, and immediate, on-demand engagement.
Image Source: Salesforce UK
It's about making a human connection with someone to make a sale. This is something that every member of the sales team understands. Content marketing is no different. Your leads will stick around if your content is well-targeted, relevant in its delivery and prioritizes topics that are important to them.
Personalizing your B2B content marketing strategy will not only optimize your sales funnel and increase your conversion rate but it also helps to build relationships with those who make purchase decisions for your company.
Content Submitted by Employees
Although influencer marketing is effective, it can be difficult to do in a B2B environment.
Use your employees to be influencers. The people you work with are the best advocates of your company. This is why over 70% of marketers use employees as influencers.
Employees who promote their company (such as sharing content from the brand) are more likely to be a positive influence on their bosses. Employee-shared posts can drive significant growth. They reach an astonishing 571% larger audience and generate 7X more leads.
Image Source: Peer to Peer Marketing
Employee influencers must be genuine and convincing. They need to believe in the brand and have a passion for the success of your business.
Your brand's story can be told by your internal influencers in a way no one else can. It is important to foster a culture of growth and support in the workplace, and make sure that every employee feels like they are part of the company.
Every person can offer a different perspective, and customers are more likely to trust content that features a human face than content with generic bras. To keep your content fresh and never run out of ideas, each employee can bring their unique ideas to the table.
Your most powerful salespersons are your employees, so invest in employee engagement just as much as in content marketing.
HubSpot's latest State of Video report demonstrates why video is so important in your digital content strategy. The survey revealed that 90% of marketers believe video has increased their leads. This is an increase from 86% in 2022, and the highest percentage ever recorded since the survey was conducted.
Image Source from HubSpot
This survey also contains important stats that will help you understand this point even more:
- 96% of businesses see video as an important part of their marketing strategy. 91% use it as a marketing tool.
- 92% of marketers believe video has a positive ROI, another record high.
- 87% of marketers believe video has a positive effect on sales
- 96% of respondents say it improves user understanding of their products or services
- 96% of consumers report that they use videos to learn more about products and services.
- 79% of respondents say that video has convinced them to buy.
Let's face it, if you don't use marketing in your content marketing strategy yet, now is the best time to do so.
While all video types will continue to rise in popularity in 2023 and beyond, live video is definitely something you should consider incorporating into your content strategy.
Many social networks are embracing live video. A majority of consumers prefer to watch live videos than read blog posts. Facebook claims that live videos are 3 times more popular than standard videos.
Live video is uneditable, which makes it a great way for brands to show authenticity and transparency and build trust. You can engage your audience by making live video interactive.
Live content is a very popular content format. It also converts well. A survey showed that 67% of those who watched a livestream would make a purchase.
Image Source: Livestream
Data-Driven Content Strategy
Content marketing is not an optional component of your marketing strategy. It's a must-have for today's digital age. It's difficult to find a brand or business that doesn't engage with content marketing.
B2B content marketers are now more sophisticated and data-driven with more specific goals and insights-based optimization to deliver higher ROI.
This is a surprising fact: 94% of businesses are using content marketing at some level, but only 9% claim that their strategy has been very successful. Many don’t know if they are successful. These companies are missing a piece of the puzzle, and I would venture to guess that lack of data insight is a key factor. A majority of marketers (87%) believe data is their most underutilized resource.
Businesses that care about content marketing will draw on insights from the available data to develop their B2B content strategy and plan. Then analyze the results to ensure success. They will continue to improve and refine their strategy in order to reach, engage and convert the right audience.
With increasing sophistication in content marketing, there will be more reliance on technology and tools to manage data and strategy. There are many exciting developments in the future, as well as a growing number of martech solutions.
Agents to Hire
Although you may not consider hiring a content agency to help improve your B2B content marketing strategy it is fast becoming one the most important ways companies can increase their execution. Content marketing is complex and requires frequent publishing of high-quality content. Content is often overlooked when you're running a business or focusing on your customers.
Problem is, your strategy loses momentum and you lose potential customers to your competition.
You have a dedicated team of people working on your content when you work with an agency. You can expect optimized content, reliable delivery and frequent publishing. Although it might be more expensive to hire an agency, the cost of outsourcing content marketing can save companies as much as 90% over what they would pay to train, equip and manage their own content team.
Get Better Results with Your B2B Content Marketing Strategy. Start Today
Although content marketing has many benefits, not everyone can write or produce their own content. Hire a writer, or use the services of a content agency like ours to create better content and save time. This will help you achieve your business goals.
Our Blog Writing Service is available to help you get more traffic and leads to your website or create a content marketing strategy. Contact me to schedule a consultation. I will send you a PDF copy of my books for free!
Marketing Insider Group's Top B2B Content Marketing Strategy Tips to Use Today appeared first.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much should I budget for my initial digital marketing campaign?
It depends on the type of campaign you plan to launch. The money you spend on your first campaign can range between $50 and $100.
To get started, advertising space can be bought on search engines Google and Bing. These ads generally cost about $10 per Click.
If you have a website, you can create banner advertisements at various places on your site. This will attract new visitors to your site and help them return.
You can also find a freelancer that will design your banners. Freelancers usually charge between $20-$30 per hour.
After creating your first ad for the site, you can track its performance. There are many analytics tools available for free on the Internet.
You can also manually track data. A spreadsheet can be used to track data about campaigns. It will allow you to record every metric (such clicks, impressions etc.).
This data will allow you to determine if your campaign was successful.
If that is the case, you can still try different methods to find one that works.
What are some indirect marketing examples you can think of?
To promote your business, think about indirect marketing methods. A social media campaign might encourage people to share photos of themselves using your product. This could spread awareness of your brand.
If you own an auto repair shop, you could post advertisements in local papers encouraging readers to take their cars to your garage instead of going to other shops.
Others include posting advertisements on bulletin boards or sending coupons to customers’ e-mail addresses.
Because it costs little, indirect marketing works great.
However, it takes time to build trust among people, so you'll need patience when promoting your business this way.
You should also keep track of how successful your campaigns are. Measure the number and quality of leads that each method generates.
This will help you to determine which method is best for your company.
What does marketing have to do with business strategy?
Marketing is an essential part of every business strategy. Without marketing, no one would know what your company offers. Marketing is not possible without sales. Marketing is essential for any business strategy.
However, marketing is not something everyone appreciates. Marketing is not just about spending money on advertising campaigns. Marketing goes far beyond advertising campaigns. Marketing can be described as everything you do that communicates your company's identity or position in the market.
Think about how you want your customers to perceive you. How will my customers view me? How should I present myself to the world?
If you don't answer those questions, you haven't thought about marketing yet.
What is the difference between advertising and marketing?
Advertising is a type of communication that promotes products and brands. Advertising typically has a clear call-to-action, such as “Buy now!” or “Click here.”
On the other hand, marketing is a way of communicating your company's mission, vision, and values to potential customers. Marketing is also a way to establish relationships with potential customers and current customers.
For instance, if you sell shoes online, you may use marketing to tell your story about who you are and what you offer. Talk about your philosophy, history, and commitment towards quality. You could even share testimonials of satisfied customers. You could even organize an event in which you give away shoes for free to encourage people to visit you website.
Marketing is all about telling stories. Advertising is about selling goods.
Social Media Marketing allows you to promote your company online. It's an excellent tool for spreading brand awareness and generating leads and sales. Here are five strategies for using social media to grow your business.
- Create a Facebook Fanpage – This allows customers to interact directly via Facebook. You can also upload content such as photos, videos, and other files.
- Promote Your Business on Twitter – Twitter is another great place to share information and connect with people. Increase visibility by using hashtags
- Upload Videos to YouTube – It is very popular to upload videos because people enjoy them. If they like what you have to offer, they might click through to your site.
- Host Live Events. Organizing live events allows potential clients to meet face-toface. They can ask any questions about your services and products.
- Respond to Customer reviews – Positive customer reviews increase trust and promote repeat purchases. You should respond quickly to negative comments.
- 81% of brands employ affiliate marketing, and eCommerce sites are particularly good candidates. (blog.hubspot.com)
- Companies that use personalization are seeing revenue increases ranging from 6-10%. (blog.hubspot.com)
- A poll earlier this year found that 14% of older Gen Z's had bought an item in the previous six months based on an influencer's recommendation. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- In 2017, 34% of marketers cited co-branding as the most effective way to increase the number of email subscribers. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- This allows us to deliver CPCs that are 80% less than average and CTRs 4-5 times higher than average. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
Six Types of Ecommerce Advertising
How do I market my eCommerce store?
Ecommerce marketing has been called one of the most difficult marketing tasks. You need to learn about your customers' buying patterns and how they interact with you products and services. This knowledge will enable you to develop a strategy that helps you reach your goals.
There are six kinds of eCommerce marketing strategies.
- Product Strategy – The first step is determining what kind of product you want to sell online. There are three major categories: physical goods (things), virtual goods (services) and membership sites. Once you have determined which category you want, you can decide whether or not to offer wholesale prices. Wholesale pricing allows you to set the price for your products. While retail pricing charges customers directly for your products.
- Pricing Strategy – Next you will need to determine how much money you want from selling your products. Profit margins should be taken into consideration, as well as competition, shipping costs and taxes. You can increase your profits by lowering your cost per sale or increasing your sales volume when you are deciding on your pricing strategy.
- Promotion Strategy – This is where the fun begins! You need to develop a promotion strategy that works best for your business. There are many options, such as free shipping, special discount, deals, coupons, or other incentives. You might try to think of new promotional ideas, if none are available.
- Shipping Strategy – Now that you know how to promote your product, you can think about how to get it to people. You can ship via USPS or FedEx. Are you going to use a fulfillment center or will you do it all yourself?
- Merchandise Management System (MSMS) – This software helps you track inventory, manage orders, fulfill orders, communicate with suppliers, and monitor orders. Depending on your needs and budget, you can choose from a variety of systems.
- Customer Service Strategy – You need to design a customer support strategy that will work for you business. Will you provide telephone support or email support? Customers can reach you via phone, social media, or postal mail.
By: Michael Brenner
Title: The Top B2B Content Marketing Strategy Ideas to Consider Using Today
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/content-marketing/the-top-b2b-content-marketing-strategy-ideas-to-consider-using-today/
Published Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 05:00:00 +0000