SEO keyword optimization is crucial for long-term business success, despite the rise of social selling in e-commerce. Why? Because this is how customers find you.
65 percent of all e-commerce transactions are driven by search traffic. Search engine optimization is key to ensuring buyers don’t see your competitor’s keywords.
SEO has many other benefits. SEO has many other benefits. SEO can have a great ROI if done properly.
Case study after case study demonstrates the benefits of SEO.
Before I proceed, a few words of caution:
- Expect results to take time. SEO takes time to produce results but it is a worthwhile investment that will pay off in the long-term.
- SEO shouldn’t overwhelm you. There are many areas of SEO that I could talk about, but for now let’s focus on keywords.
Why should E-Commerce Companies Care about SEO Keywords?
There are 4.2 million ecommerce businesses in North America. This is a lot of competition.
You need to optimize your website, rank higher on SERPs and improve visibility to stay ahead of the curve. As you’re probably aware, strategically choosing keywords is one of the best methods to achieve this.
Your chosen keywords should be:
- Relevant to your product or target audience
- Search results: Attainable
- It is a great way to drive targeted, profitable traffic into your online store.
You need resources to assist you in finding keywords. Ubersuggest is here to help.
Ubersuggest, a free tool, allows you to search keywords and determine which ones you should target.
You don’t have my word for it. Let’s discuss how Ubersuggest helped Portrait Flip, an e-commerce client, increase traffic and drive ROI.
Portrait Flip is an online shop that creates authentic portraits from photos taken by customers around the globe. Ubersuggest was used to increase the company’s organic traffic by 70% and its revenue by 32.33% over its goal.
You might think it’s impossible. You might think that this is impossible. However, optimizing your pages with the right keywords will help you drive more organic traffic to your site.
Ubersuggest: How to Make a Killer Online Store
A lot goes into creating a successful online shop. This includes SEO audits, competitive analysis, monitoring results and adapting your approach. There’s no reason to feel overwhelmed. It’s easy to create a great e-commerce store with the right tools.
Here are five steps to create a great online store with Ubersuggest. (link to each section).
- Ubersuggest allows you to create a project right from your dashboard.
- Do a SEO audit.
- Choose the right keywords to target.
- Do Competitive Analysis.
- Make a Backlinks plan.
- Keep track of your progress
You will be guided through every step.
Step 1 Create a project using Ubersuggest
Ubersuggest is a new service. You should start by learning the basics.
Register now for a free account.
After you’ve done that, click on the “Add Your First Project” button. Next, enter your URL and name.
To see how your keyword strategy affects your Google Presence, it’s important to link your project to your Google Account. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the dashboard.
- Choose the project that you would like to be connected to Google Search Console.
- Click “Connect with Google”
- Connect the account, or choose the “Use another Account” option.
SEO is a process that takes time and may require some trial and error. Once you have it all set up, I recommend that you use Ubersuggest at minimum once per week.
- You can check in on your SEO progress using the weekly alerts. This will help you to understand where your efforts should be focused.
- Explore the suggestions on your dashboard.
- Take small steps each week against your competition to see what they are doing.
- You can target new keywords on product pages by A/B testing different keywords.
Portrait flip was a great success.
“Ubersuggest helped us to develop and implement a clear strategy for SEO that allowed our organic traffic to take off, starting in January 2020.” By keeping Ubersuggest central to our SEO, we have seen our SEO and revenue increase exponentially.
Step 2: Perform an SEO Audit.
Ubersuggest Site Audit can be a great place to begin your Keyword Strategy. This analysis will give you a broad overview of the SEO status of your website.
This will allow you to see where your website ranks relative to industry standards for SEO health.
To perform a site audit:
- Go to the project dashboard.
- Click on SEO Explorer in the left menu and choose ‘SEO Analyzer’.
- Wait for the analyzer’s report to be generated. Your report will sort errors by difficulty and show how fixing them affects your SEO.
- Examine your report. Pay close attention to the tab titled “See All SEO Errors”, which is located on the right.
- On the tab, click ‘What’s this? and How do I fix it’.
- After you have reviewed all the major issues, click on the “SEO Analyzer Overview” option. This will take you back to the main site audit page.
- You are now ready to view the second section of your audit report. It details your mobile and desktop web speeds. To switch between Mobile and Desktop reports, use the orange circular toggle.
- You can fix the problems by returning to the “SEO Analyzer” overview and clicking the “recrawl” button at the top.
- Final, you can review the report and see if any errors have been corrected or if new ones are needed.
This is how Portrait Flip used site audit.
Portrait Flip first focused on the ‘Broken Link” finder to optimize its results.
This allowed the company to see where potential customers were being lost due to broken product links.
This may not seem like a major issue at first, but broken links can negatively impact your SEO and customer experience.
Portrait Flip also found the report on page load time invaluable. The company wanted to know if additional website codes were inadvertently increasing the load times.
This may not seem to be a major problem. Online shopping is all about speed. Your e-commerce site should load in less than two seconds. Any delay beyond that will increase your bounce rate, customer dissatisfaction, and lead to lost sales.
After resolving minor issues on Portrait Flipw’s website, 98 per cent of the revenue from the SEO and PPC efforts in 2021 was generated by organic search.
Step 3: Research Keywords to Target
This is where the real fun begins.
Ubersuggest Keyword reports can be used to determine which keywords you should include in your content for a high-quality and profitable traffic.
Two main points should be highlighted here.
1. Keyword Overview
You can see the keyword overview to determine how competitive a keyword and track its search volume trends over time. You can narrow your keyword selections by considering the search terms that your target audience may use to find the product they are looking for.
2. Keyword Ideas
Keyword research shows you how people search keywords related to your products and business. This feature allows you to find valuable keywords that your competitors are not targeting.
Portrait Flip uses these tools:
Portrait Flip uses content marketing to drive traffic to its website. The business, for example, used blogging to post regularly on its social media channels. These efforts didn’t drive traffic as the company expected.
Ubersuggest has proven its worth in this area.
- Portrait Flip was able to use the Keyword Overview report to identify keywords that were relevant to their search terms and those prospects might use to help them.
- Portrait Flip next optimized its blog posts, e-commerce product pages and website with new keywords.
- Portrait Flip also used the Keyword Idea, Content Idea reports to plan their next blog topics.
These results were extraordinary.
Portrait Flip’s traffic exceeded their expectations by more than 27 percent in quarter one, and that was without any paid advertising. Here are some tips for getting the most from these reports if you plan on using them.
Search for the Most Competitive Keywords
To determine which keywords are more popular than others, use the ‘SEO Difficulty filter. Compare this with the strong>SEO Difficulty feature to determine if you should pay Google Ads for the keywords.
NOTE Keywords with high paid difficulty are often lucrative. They are however almost always more costly.
Search for global keywords in the “location” tab to reach a worldwide audience. You can either target your geographic search to specific countries or local traffic. This will allow you to find unique keywords in different areas.
Step 4 Conduct a Competitive Assessment
An essential component of any SEO strategy is competitive analysis. Understanding your competitors will help you identify the keywords and techniques they use to rank high in search engines. You can then replicate their success.
Ubersuggest makes this task easier than ever. Use the following tools:
- Keywords by Traffic – Go to Ubersuggest and enter the URL of the competitor domain. Click “Search” to search for the top keywords the website ranks in. Notify your competitor’s domain URL, organic keywords, monthly traffic, domain score, backlinks, and any other relevant information. For regular tracking, you can add the URL of your competitor to your Ubersuggest dashboard.
- Backlinks Opportunities : Find out which websites link to yours and see who you should contact to request backlinks to your website. Here’s how:
1. In the Backlinks Opportunity tool, enter your domain name or URL. (Linked above).
2. You can enter a domain from a competitor or a URL directly from their site.
3. Click “Search.”
For further insight, you can also use Ubersuggest Chrome Extension to perform keyword analysis in Google search results, YouTube and Amazon pages.
Here are the steps to view your SERP data:
You can also add or remove competitors.
Also, you’ll see the monthly search and CPC.
This is how you use the feature.
To create a project for each competitor, go to the Dashboard and click “add a new project”. This will give you a complete overview of your competitor’s ranking and provide regular updates. You can add or remove competitors. Ubersuggest allows you to spy on your competitors.
Portrait Flip used Ubersuggest’s competitive analysis tool to analyze the market:
Portrait Flip analyzed the performance of its competitors and what keywords they were ranking well for. To get a better idea of which keywords were being missed, Portrait Flip combined the Keywords by Traffic with Top Pages by Traffic reports. Portrait Flip was able to secure Page 1 on Google for primary keywords that drove high-converting traffic to their website.
Step #5 Track Your Progress
It is important to take your time when working on SEO Keywords. Also, be patient.
While you may see some results with your plan within the next few weeks I have repeatedly stressed that SEO is an ongoing process, and it takes time for results. You can usually expect to wait several months before seeing any results. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t see immediate results.
You can track keywords to see which ones work and then use them to optimize your content.
Rinse and repeat.
Continue to learn and test. Track the results to determine which keywords perform best on product pages.
Ubersuggest can be used to track keyword performance. Here’s how:
You can see your SEO progress over time in your Dashboard. You can also see your progress on keyword ranking and estimated traffic values.
This is how Portrait Flip did it:
They tracked their progress and found that the majority of their year-to-2018 growth was organic traffic. This steadily increased once Ubersuggest was used.
Conclusion: Use Ubersuggest To Improve Your E-Commerce Store
Standing out from the rest of the competition is one of the most difficult tasks for ecommerce business owners. Online store owners face some of the most difficult tasks: gaining visibility, finding the right keywords, identifying backlinking possibilities, and conducting competitive analyses.
Ubersuggest is a solution to common problems. It allows you to improve your e-commerce store’s performance in key areas. This will allow you to improve visibility, attract targeted prospects and increase conversions.
By: Neil Patel
Title: Using Ubersuggest for E-Commerce: Everything You Need to Create a Killer Online Store
Sourced From: neilpatel.com/blog/using-ubersuggest-for-e-commerce-everything-you-need-to-create-a-killer-online-store/
Published Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 19:42:59 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…