For startups and small businesses, generating more leads at a lower price is always a top priority. According to our research, 65% of B2B marketers say that generating leads and traffic is their number one priority.
Although generating high volumes of leads can be a positive thing, this doesn't always translate into sales or revenue. Although you may have a lot of visitors to your site, only a few may opt in to receive your content. Even fewer leads will convert to paying customers.
As marketers consider cost-per-acquisition, lead quality is a major focus.
Another study revealed that 61% B2B marketers have difficulty generating high-quality leads. Companies aim to lower their cost per lead (CPL). This is because they believe that the more expensive the lead, the higher the profit margin. In reality, high-quality sales leads are not cheap.
PS: These 10 tips will help you optimize your content marketing. Click Here to Watch Now
What is Quality Lead?
Quality leads are those who have the authority, budget and time to purchase your product in a short time. To describe the lead quality criteria, I use the acronym BANT.
- Budget: Do they have the funds to purchase your product or services?
- Authority: Do they have the power to decide to buy it?
- Do they know the solution to your problem?
- Timing: Are they going to make the decision in the next 3 months?
SAP added the "S" to our acronym to make sure that our lead qualification criteria included a next Step. So, BANTS.
What is Lead Scoring?
Lead scoring refers to the process of assigning leads a score to determine whether they are worth further marketing nurturing or sales follow-up.
We also weighted each lead's scoring at SAP based on their answers to each question.
No budget would score 0 points. Budgets would receive the most points. Each answer would earn somewhere in between.
Leads with a high score would be considered to be of high quality and sent to sales as Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL). Leads with lower scores will receive marketing emails and offers in the hopes of moving them along their buyer journey.
But why is Quality Leads so expensive?
1. It can be difficult to find correct data and contact information.
Quality lead generation is dependent on accurate data. A lead should not be considered a prospect unless it is verified. An email address is sufficient, but it's best to include the company name so that you can verify where they work and how big they are.
2. Many leads don't fit your buyer persona or target market.
If you sell only to large businesses and most of your leads come from small businesses, you can't really call them quality leads. The same applies to industry, title, and location, as well as many other BANT criteria.
3. You might not be able to afford the services of some leads.
Although it is one of the criteria in BANT, it may be more important than Need. If the prospect cannot afford your product, then why bother talking to them? I ask prospects in my contact form if they are able to afford the basic or starter levels of my service.
4. It can be difficult to reach decision-makers or company influencers.
This answers the "Authority” question in BANT. There is no wrong answer. One of the most important follow-ups is "Can you point me to [whoever the right person for your product] in your company?" Account Based Marketing is all about getting to the right people, and all those who have an influence on the buying decision.
5. Your leads won't be ready for sales in the majority of cases.
It is all about the Time factor of BANT. It may not be the most important. It is possible to convince them that they should move faster. You can offer discounts, salespeople who are really great, and even offers to increase the likelihood of them buying your product.
6. It can be difficult to create content that attracts leads.
This should not be a problem. You can reach us here to get help in attracting the right people with relevant weekly content. We can help you make e-books or other offers that will generate leads, turn them into qualified prospects, and then convert them into customers. It shouldn't be difficult to have the right content marketing strategy.
If leads are not qualified, you will spend more effort and resources to convert them into customers. Quality leads are rewarded with a premium.
The most cost-effective and free lead generation strategies will take more time and effort. However, more expensive methods will yield faster results. It's not only speed that you should be looking at. Quality leads are those that can convert into real revenue. Leads with higher purchasing intent.
You have a reason to create a buyer persona that reflects your target market. The buyer persona is not only a good fit for your brand, but also represents the ideal client you want to work with. It can be used to help you qualify leads and to focus your efforts on low-hanging fruits (leads that are the easiest to convert).
It is not worth wasting your sales team's efforts trying to sell your product to someone who doesn’t need it. It's a waste of time and money.
High quality leads are a priceless commodity. A funnel full of leads may seem overwhelming, but it doesn't always translate into many customers. Quality leads are what bring in the bacon.
Quality Leads at a High Price
High quality sales leads are not cheap. You might think that you are in control because you have lowered your CPL and accumulated a large number of leads. Yes, leads are leads. But can they be quality leads that you can convert into paying customers?
Your business will grow if you invest in a lead generation strategy that generates revenue. Not only will you save time and money, but your sales team will also be able to save effort in following up with leads that don't convert.
The old saying "You get what your pay for" applies when it comes to effectively spending your lead generation budget.
We can help you get quality leads
We are a highly-ranked content marketing agency assisting companies like yours reach, engage, and convert quality leads. We are eager to assist you in growing your business by writing high-quality, keyword-rich articles that will help you to generate quality leads as fast as possible.
Learn more about our Content Builder Services. We can help you make all the content that you need to win customers or increase sales. Get in touch with us today!
PS: Check out our most recent case study to see how we helped one company double its leads!
Marketing Insider Group's post Why Quality Leads Are Expensive originally appeared on Marketing Insider Group.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 5 best social media marketing strategies?
Social Media Marketing can be a great way for your business to get noticed online. It is a great tool to increase brand awareness, generate leads, and sell products. Here are five ways to use social media marketing to boost your business.
- Make a Facebook fan page – This will allow you to interact directly on Facebook with your customers. You can also upload content such as photos, videos, and other files.
- Twitter Promotes Your Business – Twitter can be used to promote your business and connect with others. To increase visibility, use hashtags
- Upload Videos to YouTube – It is very popular to upload videos because people enjoy them. If they like what is shown, they may click to visit you website.
- Host Live Event – Hosting live events will allow you to meet face to face with potential clients. They can ask you questions about your products or services.
- Respond to Customer Reviews. Positive reviews can build trust with clients and encourage repeat sales. You should respond quickly to negative comments.
What are some indirect marketing examples?
There are many indirect marketing strategies that you can use to promote and grow your business. One example is a social media campaign that encourages people to upload pictures of their products. This could help spread word about your brand.
You could advertise in the local paper if your auto shop is open. This would encourage people to take their cars to your shop instead of visiting other shops.
Other examples include sending coupons to customers' e-mail inboxes or posting ads on bulletin boards in public places.
Indirect marketing works because it doesn’t cost much.
But trusting people takes time. You'll need patience as you promote your business.
Also, you need to monitor how effective your campaigns perform. Track the number leads generated by each method.
This will help you to determine which method is best for your company.
What are the 4 functions of marketing?
Marketing is the art or creating demand for products and/or services.
It communicates information about an organization's offerings, and values and how those affect customers' lives.
Marketing is also a way to stimulate interest and increase awareness about an offering. It can even drive action (or purchasing) when an invitation is issued.
Marketing has four functions:
- Creating Demand – This includes developing relationships with potential buyers and convincing them that there is value in purchasing your product or service.
- Stimulating interest – This is when you increase consumer awareness about your product or service.
- Building Awareness – This refers ensuring that customers know about your product or services and are able to decide whether they want to buy them.
- Driving Action – This means ensuring that consumers make purchases after becoming aware of your product or services.
What are some of the best digital marketing techniques I can do from my home?
Digital marketing is a powerful way to reach customers online. It is also an excellent way to generate leads that will help your business.
You can use social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to promote your brand. You can also send emails via email marketing tools to prospects or clients.
You have many options for marketing your product or service via digital media.
You should not have any difficulty getting started as long you are able to use these channels effectively.
What are some direct marketing examples?
Direct Marketing Examples include postcards, brochures, flyers, e-mails, etc.
Direct marketing allows you to reach people wherever they are. It is the best way to reach customers who already prefer your product or services over others.
Know what type of message would be most appealing to your target markets.
The key is to find out what your customer wants and then give it to them.
Direct marketing can be used to promote your business in many different ways. Direct marketing can be used to promote your business in many ways. You can send out catalogs to potential customers and advertise in local papers.
Another option is to create your own mailing list from existing customers. If you have good contacts, it is easy to add new subscribers.
Ask current customers if their would like to receive promotional materials. Many companies offer discounts for those who sign up to special offers.
What is the difference between marketing and advertising?
Advertising is a communication method that promotes products or brands. Advertising is usually accompanied by a clear call for action, such “Buy Now!” Or “Click Here.”
Marketing is another way to communicate the mission, vision and values of your company to potential customers. Marketing can also help build relationships between current and potential customers.
Online sales of shoes can be a great example of marketing. You may use marketing to tell a story about you and what you have to offer. Talk about your philosophy, history, and commitment towards quality. You might share customer testimonials. You could even organize an event in which you give away shoes for free to encourage people to visit you website.
Marketing is, in short, about telling stories. Advertising is all about selling products.
Are there risks involved in digital marketing
Digital marketing is not without risks.
Protecting your online reputation is the first thing you should do. Be careful about what and how you speak on social networks.
It is important that you ensure your content is original, and not copied from others.
In addition, you run the risk of losing control over your brand image online if it isn't closely monitored.
You could also be vulnerable to identity theft if your personal details are used without your consent.
How to Protect your Online Reputation
- Pay attention to what you post on social networks
- Ensure that All Content Is Original, and Doesn't Infringe upon Any Other Intellectual Property Rights
- Monitor your Brand Image
- Use strong passwords
- It is best to not divulge personal information without consent
- Notify Us of Any Unauthorized Activity immediately
- Don't Post Photos Of Yourself Or Others In A Disturbing Way
- Never divulge any Social Security Number
- Keep up to date with the most recent news
- Avoid Scams
- Secure Password
- Always Check For Updates
- Don't share too many details
- Pay attention when you give out credit card numbers
- Don't send money via E-mail
- Beware of fake websites
- Remember That Bad Reviews Can Hurt Your Business
- Regularly Check Your Credit Reports
- Pay attention to your privacy settings
- Ask someone who is familiar with you before sharing your thoughts.
- From 2020 to 2022, eMarketer predicts that digital marketing will grow by 36% and take up 54% of marketing budgets! (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- 81% of brands employ affiliate marketing, and eCommerce sites are particularly good candidates. (blog.hubspot.com)
- A poll earlier this year found that 14% of older Gen Z's had bought an item in the previous six months based on an influencer's recommendation. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- In 2017, 34% of marketers cited co-branding as the most effective way to increase the number of email subscribers. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- Companies that use personalization are seeing revenue increases ranging from 6-10%. (blog.hubspot.com)
Six Types Ecommerce Marketing
How can I market and sell my eCommerce store?
Ecommerce marketing has been called one of the most difficult marketing tasks. This requires you to get to know your customers, their buying habits, and how they interact and use your products and services. This knowledge allows you to build an effective strategy to help you reach your goals.
There are six types or eCommerce marketing strategies.
- Product Strategy – The first step is determining what kind of product you want to sell online. There are three main types of products: physical goods, digital goods, and membership websites. Once you have chosen the category that you wish to work with, it is time to decide whether you want to offer wholesale or retail pricing. Wholesale pricing is when you decide the price at which you will sell your products. Retail pricing means that you charge your customers directly for your products.
- Pricing Strategy: Next, decide how much you want to earn from selling products. Profit margins, competition and shipping costs are all important factors. To increase your profit margins, there are two options: lower your cost of sales or increase your sales volume.
- Promotion Strategy – Now comes the fun! A promotion strategy must be developed that best suits your business. One strategy is to offer free shipping and special discounts. Try brainstorming new ideas for promotional items if you don’t have any.
- Shipping Strategy – Now that you know how to promote your product, you can think about how to get it to people. Are you shipping via USPS, FedEx or UPS? Do you intend to use a fulfillment facility or do all the work yourself?
- Merchandise Management System: Your merchandise management software includes software that allows you to manage inventory, track orders and fulfill orders. You have many options depending on your budget and preference.
- Customer Service Strategy: Finally, it is important to create a customer-friendly strategy for your company. Are you going to provide phone support or email support? Customers can reach you via phone, social media, or postal mail.
By: Michael Brenner
Title: Why Quality Leads are Expensive
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/demand-generation/quality-leads-expensive/
Published Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 14:00:00 +0000