Which are your top content marketing blogs?
This is a question that I am often asked.
It can be difficult to keep up with the latest developments in content marketing. Smart marketers and business leaders keep up to date with the most recent content marketing trends and tips by reading top content marketing blogs daily.
Why? Companies that blog generate 6x more revenue than companies that don't. Consistent weekly content is a better way to generate leads. On average, our clients experience 138% growth in traffic and leads year-over-year and a 7x Content marketing ROI.
We're compiling the most recent content marketing news from the top content marketing blogs. There are many blogs and media sites that I visit, as well as a lot of great B2B marketing blog sites. But this is the list I use to find my top content marketing blogs every day. You should, too.
This list includes everything, from online publishers to marketing technology tools to non-profit associations to startup founder blogs to other digital marketing agencies to research organisations and independent content marketing consultants.
To give you an idea of what they publish, I have also included some top articles from each site according to one my favorite content marketing tools.
If I have missed anyone, please let me and others know by commenting below.
These are the Top 20 Content Marketing Blogs That You Must Read Every Day
- Content Marketing Institute
- Marketing Insider Group
- Orbit Media
- Ann Handley's blog
- Content Strategist
- Optin Monster
- SmartBrief Marketing
1. Content Marketing Institute – Everything you need to know on content marketing. This is the resource you should choose. CMI's amazing team knows how to make it happen. CMI doesn't just talk the talking, they actually walk the walk with amazing conversions, focus upon subscriptions, and even a print magazine. What was the best article in 2017? Stephanie Stahl – 100+ Content Marketing Trends & Predictions for Success 2022
2. MarketingProfs – This is a great resource that covers the most recent trends and thought leadership in marketing, led by @AnnHandley, their Chief Content Officer. These are the sites to share if you can only choose two. What was the best article from the past year? Five Steps to Prepare For First-Party Data by Jonathan Moran
3. Hubspot – The best resource for inbound marketers. Hubspot is a great example of content marketing that you can copy right from the beginning. The best article of the year What Social Media Channels Have the Best ROI? Caroline Forsey, New Data + Expert Tips
4. Marketing Insider Group Twitter (@MKTGInsiders). We are actually the fourth most-read content marketing blog, according to Rock Content and Feedspot. But I'm not too confident. You can decide for yourself. Google Makes it Official: Content Marketing is Now the #1 Ranking Factor. How to make a Content Calendar That You Will Actually Use. Why Social Media isn't Enough to Drive Business Growth. The Link Between SEO and PR. How can you leverage it. 9 examples of Ebooks that convert like crazy.
5. OrbitMedia, run by Andy Crestodina, is a must-read. Because they provide insights, stats, and actionable items every time, I read every post. Top post of the year: How to Design a Blog: The 13 Best Practices from the Top 100+ Marketing blogs. Pure gold!
6. MarTech provides content and experiences to educate, engage, and support professionals working in the intersection of technology and marketing. The best article of the year: Returning to basics: Marketing ROI. That is my favorite .
7. Moz (@Moz), is an industry-leading team of doctors, wizards and experts who offer the best advice, research and how-tos to help you improve your SEO and online marketing skills. The 22 smartest Google SEO tips for 2022 is the best article of the past year.
8. Copyblogger Twitter (@Copyblogger). Copyblogger was founded in January 2006. Since then, Copyblogger has taught people how to create amazing online content. This is not corporate junk that fills up a company website. Valuable information that attracts and drives traffic to your website, and builds your company.” 7 Steps to Writing a Great Blog Post  By Sonia Simone
9. Digiday (@Digiday), Provides news, analysis and insight to keep up with the latest trends in media and marketing. Their top post of the year was Facebook's collection of people's data, even when accounts have been deactivated
10. eMarketer (@eMarketer), is a great resource for stats and marketer information. Their top article for the past year was TikTok surpassing YouTube in America.
11. MarketingSherpa (@MarketingSherpa), provides blogs and research reports on marketing. Their top article for the past year was Marketing 101: What's digital marketing?
12. DivyHQ (DivvyHQ) are a top content marketing platform that allows you to plan, create, share, and analyze your content across the enterprise. We use them at MIG to manage all of our clients' content! Their most popular post of the year was How to Increase Your Site Authority With Every Piece Of Content You Add by Brody Dorland, their co-founder.
13. Ann Handley's blog (@AnnHandley). Ann Handley, a wonderful writer and digital marketing pioneer and Wall Street Journal best-selling authors, inspires people to create marketing that customers love. This will result in real results for your company. Her most popular post from the past year is Public Speaking For Introverts (And Those who Forget How To Be Around People).
14. Optimizely To create digital experiences that transform companies, you need data-driven decisions and continuous experimentation. Optimizely Digital Experience Platform can help you unlock your digital potential. Their blog supports content management and digital experience management. Their most popular post of the past year was “The smart CMO's guide for building a marketing analytics tool-stack”.
15. Content Strategist This blog is one of the original tech platforms that shares content marketing advice. Their top article is Brand Voice Study – Should Your Content be Authoritative or Agreeable
16. Buzzsumo blogis amazing in that they have their own platform to provide content marketing insights such as this post from last year: The Top 100 Content Marketing Experts You Should Follow Right Now. I am grateful to them for providing me with the tools to locate each site's best content.
17. Televerde combines sales, marketing, and customer service to deliver revenue as a services and pipeline. They also have a customer experience expert with a human touch and best-in class technology. Their operating model is flexible and resilient to changing market conditions. Their top article is “How a strong B2B brand purpose wins customers (and hearts)
18. Optin Monster writes on my favorite topic in content marketing: Conversion! Here's one of their most popular content marketing posts: How To Write a Great Headline that Drives Clicks Step by Step
19. Semrush is another tool we use at MIG every single day. I check on the search results and rankings of our clients to ensure we are giving them the best content. This is Semrush’s top-performing organic content for the past year.
20. SmartBrief Marketing does an excellent job curating the most recent news about content marketing from all over the internet. Top Career Advice from Marketing Leaders is their top piece of content.
Are there any of your top resources that I missed? Is one of your top resources missing from the list? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Marketing Insider Group specializes in content marketing and blog writing. Our clients have seen their businesses grow through high-quality content creation and effective SEO. We would love to assist you in creating the engaging content that your target audience wants so that you can increase traffic and rank while attracting ideal clients.
Marketing Insider Group's Top 20 Content Marketing Blogs That You Must Read Every Day originally appeared on Marketing Insider Group.
By: Michael Brenner
Title: Top 20 Content Marketing Blogs You Should Read Every Day
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/content-marketing/top-content-marketing-blogs/
Published Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 16:00:00 +0000