A vibrant and engaging website is a must-have for modern B2B marketing. A great website can drive customer engagement, build brand credibility and foster a community surrounding your products or services. These benefits are only realized when your audience is able to find you easily in the crowded online marketplace. While paid ads and promotional partnership are excellent ways to gain traction and visibility, organic website traffic plays a crucial role in gaining visibility, increasing engagement, generating new leads and driving conversions.
It's not as easy as just launching a new website and hoping that your audience stumbles upon it. A strategic approach is required to achieve organic growth. Here are nine proven techniques to boost organic website traffic.
1. Integrate Relevant Keywords
Keyword integration is the foundation of any successful organic SEO strategy. Your website will become more visible in search engine results by researching and using phrases that your target audience uses. Keyword research tools such as Google Keyword planner can help you identify relevant keywords for your website content, meta descriptions and URLs.
These keyword updates increase the chances of your site appearing in search results for relevant queries, driving more organic traffic to your website. These updates will increase your chances of appearing in relevant search results, resulting in more organic traffic.
Search engine algorithms use backlinks, or links from other websites that lead to your website, to determine the credibility and value of digital content. Relevant and quality backlinks, from reputable websites, build trustworthiness and authority, improve referral traffic and index your content more accurately and quickly. Not all backlinks, however, are created equally. High-quality links can boost your SEO significantly, while excessive linking from irrelevant or low-quality sites can harm it. Focus on gaining high-quality links from relevant and reputable businesses in your field, by writing guest blogs or creating shareable content.
3. Create a blog
Blogs have proven to be effective tools in attracting users back to your website by providing them with relevant, fresh content. Also, they provide many opportunities for internal linking and keyword integration. Every new blog post can help you increase organic traffic by ranking in search engines.
B2B businesses can use a blog to demonstrate their industry expertise, offer insights into market trends and provide solutions to the unique challenges of your target audience. Your blog can be used to position your company as an innovator and leader in your industry. It will also give potential clients a reason for frequenting your website, which could lead to new business opportunities. Your blog's posts will be more shared if they are engaging and insightful. This will increase your organic reach and visibility. While blogs should adhere to the rule that quality is more important than quantity, posting regularly can be just as crucial as the content for organic growth.
4. Optimize for Mobile
A mobile-friendly site should be mandatory, as over half of web traffic comes from mobile devices. Brand trust is improved by a mobile-optimized site that loads quickly and provides a seamless experience. Responsive websites automatically adapt their layout, images and functionalities to different devices and screens sizes. They also keep users engaged for longer and increase the likelihood that they will take desired actions, such as filling out contact forms or downloading resources.
5. Update Outdated Content
Content that is outdated can negatively affect your search engine ranking and cause users to distrust your site. Keep your website relevant and fresh by regularly auditing your content. Update outdated information and make sure it is always up to date. Many businesses, for example, still have content or callouts that focus on aspects of COVID or a natural disaster which affected their industry. This may seem outdated or irrelevant depending on the context in which the visitor is visiting the site.
It is important to stay vigilant in removing, refreshing, and revitalizing outdated content. This will improve your search ranking, enhance user experience, and build trust. Creating "evergreen" (content that is relevant and valuable for a long time) content can reduce the amount of updates needed and provide a nice balance with more topical content.
6. Leverage Social Media Strategically
Social media channels help businesses to grow, build audiences and network. A strategic approach can boost organic traffic. Consider these strategies:
- Channel selection: Not all social media channels are suitable for your business. LinkedIn and Twitter are excellent for sharing news, insights, and detailed information. They're also great for B2B companies. Businesses that are heavily visual, like those in the fashion, food, design, and travel industries, may find more engagement on platforms such as Instagram or Pinterest. It is important to select platforms that are aligned with your business goals and target audience.
- Quality over Quantity: Sharing for the sake sharing content can lead to reduced engagement, reduced visibility and wasted resources. Focus instead on creating high-quality, valuable content for your audience. This includes articles, infographics, blogs and videos.
- Consistent branding: When you have a consistent brand, your audience will be able to recognize your business, regardless of the platform. This consistency creates a familiarity with your audience that is essential to building trust and organic engagement. If your audience knows what to expect, they are more likely to share and engage with CTAs. Your level of engagement and your tone of voice are important elements of a brand's social media presence. Most businesses get better organic results if they respond to comments, like and share other content and actively engage with others.
Internal links direct visitors to other pages of your website and keep them interested for longer. Search engines can also better understand your content and structure, which will improve your SEO. B2B businesses can use internal links to help guide clients through their value proposition, share case studies and showcase solutions. They can also be used to show customer testimonials.
When reviewing and updating content, make sure to fix any broken links that can affect the user experience or SEO.
8. Leverage local SEO
Local businesses must optimize for local searches. To boost local SEO, use local keywords, add your business to local directories and solicit customer reviews. A healthcare technology company in Boston, for example, could include keywords such as "Boston Healthcare Technology" or "healthtech solutions in Boston" in their content.
No matter where you're listed, make sure that your business name, address, and phone number (NAP) are always consistent. Ensure that your business's name, address and phone number are consistent, no matter where they appear.
9. Page Loading Times Optimized
Slow-loading web pages can be a barrier to engagement for users and give the impression of incompetence or low technical abilities, particularly to B2B clients that value efficiency. Unoptimized images or scripts can slow down page loading time. Browser caching is also a factor. slow sites are penalized by search engines, which prioritize websites that offer a "good" experience for users, marked by a fast loading time.
Start now and get ranking!
Standing out in the ocean of internet traffic can be a daunting task. But these tried and tested practices will help you transform your website into a powerful force, driving organic visitors to your site, and creating an impact on your industry. Building organic visitors is not a destination but a journey. As the digital landscape changes, you must adjust your strategies to keep up.
Our team of marketing professionals can assist you if the prospect of charting this sea seems daunting. Talk to our team today about how you can maximize your organic traffic.
The first time you saw 9 Proven Techniques to Increase Organic Website Traffic was on Marketing Insider Group.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Make an Ecommerce Marketing Plan
The first step in selling is to determine what you want. This should include products or services that relate to your business. But, you must also offer enough variety for customers to be interested.
The second step involves determining the amount of money that you are willing to spend on marketing, advertising promotions, or other methods. Multimedia marketing techniques may be needed, such as direct mail blasts, email blasts or social media.
Once you have an idea of how much money is needed, you can begin to create a budget. Asking an expert in emarketing can help you determine which marketing method will work best for your business. They will help you decide which method is right for your business.
Once you have a plan you can begin implementing it. It is possible to hire someone else to assist you in this process.
It doesn't mean you have to start over. Be sure to use proven strategies that are working for other online sellers. Always test all changes before making them.
Never forget that your ultimate goal must be to increase sales or profits. Your eCommerce marketing strategy should consider both long-term and short-term goals.
Read our article about eCommerce Marketing Tips if you are looking to increase your sales. We hope these tips help you to achieve success.
What are some direct-marketing examples?
Direct Marketing Examples include postcards, brochures, flyers, e-mails, etc.
Direct marketing helps reach people from anywhere, at any time. It's the best way to communicate with customers who have already chosen your product or service over another brand.
Know what type of message would be most appealing to your target markets.
Finding out what your customers want is key to delivering it.
Direct marketing is a great way to promote your brand. You could send brochures to potential clients or advertise in local newspapers.
You could also create a separate mailing list for your customers. With a solid contacts list, you can add new subscribers easily to your list.
Finally, you can ask your current customers if they'd like to receive promotional materials. Sign up for special offers to receive discounts from some companies.
What is eCommerce Marketing?
Ecommerce marketing is simply online shopping. It's the act of selling products via the internet. This could include purchasing goods from companies and selling them on the internet. If you are an individual selling, this could include selling on eBay. A business may be set up where you make a profit by selling goods. This is where the key idea lies: make money selling products online.
Here are more details on eCommerce marketing
A successful eCommerce website requires you to decide what products you want. Next, decide whether to sell one product (such as a book), or multiple products (such books and DVDs).
Once you know the product you offer, you will need to find a supplier. A supplier is the company that produces and sells what you want. You would, for instance, need to find a supplier that makes and sells greeting card products if you were to begin selling them.
Once you've identified a supplier to work with, you'll need a website created to show the products to buyers and make it easy for them to order. Some suppliers will provide templates, while others will require that you design the template. Once you have a website, you will need to market it. This involves posting articles on forums and websites, advertising on Google Adwords and emailing relevant contacts.
There are many ways to promote your eCommerce store. These include email marketing, search engines and social networks.
- Email marketing is a smart choice for most companies. It's cost effective, easy to use, and delivers great results. However, it requires time and effort in order to generate quality leads.
- Search engine optimization (SEO), a technique to increase a website's rank for specific keywords, is what we call search engine optimization. This is usually done by link building which improves pages ranking in search engines.
- For businesses, social networking sites like LinkedIn and Facebook are increasingly important. Many people use these sites every day to communicate with friends and family. You can get exposure to thousands of new customers if you post interesting articles there.
- Apps for mobile devices are a powerful tool for eCommerce marketers. People love to shop on their smartphones and tablets. An app allows you to reach customers wherever they are.
eCommerce is a rapidly growing industry. There are many ways to promote your business. Choose wisely so you can reap the benefits of eCommerce marketing.
What's the difference between marketing or advertising?
Advertising is a form of communication that promotes products or brands. Advertising has a clear call of action. For example, “Buy now!” Click here or “Buy Now!”
Marketing is another way to communicate the mission, vision and values of your company to potential customers. Marketing helps you build relationships with your current customers as well as prospects.
You might use marketing to tell the world about yourself and your products if you sell footwear online. Talk about your values, philosophy, and dedication to quality. You could also share testimonials from customers who are satisfied with your products. Perhaps you can even hold an event where people are encouraged to visit your website by giving away free shoes.
Marketing is, in short, about telling stories. Advertising is about selling things.
Social Media Marketing allows you to promote your company online. It's an excellent tool for spreading brand awareness and generating leads and sales. Here are five ways to use social media marketing to boost your business.
- Create a Facebook Fanpage – This allows customers to interact directly via Facebook. You can upload photos, videos and other files.
- Twitter Promote Your Business – Twitter offers a great way to share information and connect people. Use hashtags to increase visibility.
- Upload Videos to YouTube – It is very popular to upload videos because people enjoy them. If they like what you have to offer, they might click through to your site.
- Host Live Events- Hosting live events gives you the opportunity to meet potential clients face-to-face. They will be able to ask questions about the products and services you offer.
- Respond to Customer Reviews. Positive reviews can build trust with clients and encourage repeat sales. Negative comments should be addressed quickly.
- Companies that use personalization are seeing revenue increases ranging from 6-10%. (blog.hubspot.com)
- This allows us to deliver CPCs that are 80% less than average and CTRs 4-5 times higher than average. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- A poll earlier this year found that 14% of older Gen Z's had bought an item in the previous six months based on an influencer's recommendation. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- Today, 81% of brands around the world have affiliate programs. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- According to statistics, 60% of online shoppers worldwide actively search for coupons before purchasing from a virtual shop. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- TikTok quarterly first-time installations 2021
- Statista: E-commerce in the world – Statistics & Facts
- How to Use Search Engine Optimization to Build Your Brand
- Marketing Automation: What is it, Examples & Tools 
- SEO Learning Center – Moz
- [Case Study] How Moz Ranked #1 for High-Volume Keywords in Less Than 3 Months – Moz
Six Types of Ecommerce Advertising
How can I market my eCommerce store
Ecommerce marketing has been called one of the most difficult marketing tasks. It is important to understand the buying behavior of your customer and how they interact in your products and services. You can then create a strategy that will help you achieve your goals.
There are six types to eCommerce marketing strategies.
- Product Strategy – The first step is determining what kind of product you want to sell online. There are three major categories: physical goods (things), virtual goods (services) and membership sites. Once you have determined which category you want, you can decide whether or not to offer wholesale prices. Wholesale pricing means you set the price you sell your products, while retail pricing means you charge customers directly for your products.
- Pricing Strategy – Next, you need to figure out how much you want to make from selling your products. You should consider profit margins, competition, shipping costs, taxes, etc. Two ways to increase profits are possible when pricing your strategy: reduce your cost per sales and/or increase the volume of your sales.
- Promotion Strategy – This is where the fun begins! The best promotion strategy for your business is one that you have developed. Promo strategies that work best for your business include free shipping, special deals, discounts, coupons, and other offers. If you don’t have any ideas for promotional products, brainstorm some.
- Shipping Strategy – Now that you know how to promote your product, you can think about how to get it to people. Will you ship via USPS/FedEx, UPS, DHL or another delivery method? Will you use a fulfillment center, or do you plan on doing everything yourself?
- Merchandise Management System – Your merchandise management system includes software that helps you manage inventory, track orders, fulfill orders, and communicate with suppliers. There are many options available, depending on what your budget is and your preferences.
- Customer Service Strategy. Finally, you will need to devise a customer services strategy that is both effective and profitable for your business. What support options are available? Will they be via email or phone? Can customers contact you through live chat, social media, or even snail mail?
By: Mark Schmukler
Title: 9 Proven Practices for Increasing Organic Website Traffic
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/best-practices/9-proven-practices-for-increasing-organic-website-traffic/
Published Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 09:30:18 +0000