Marketers are expected to do more in recent years than ever before. It's not enough to just increase traffic to our website. Visitors must convert into leads and customers.
Your blog visitors will convert if they see the middle of the funnel (MOFU) content. Good MOFU content will help you convert more leads to your blog.
MOFU content can be viewed as the intersection of content marketing and campaigns. This is one of the most powerful ways to view it.
Let's now learn more about MOFU content, and how it can increase conversion rates.
What is MOFU Content?
MOFU content refers to content that is created to convert a website visitor or blog reader into a prospect.
MOFU, which is also known as TOP of Funnel content or BOFU (Bottom of Funnel), is often referred to as the 2nd stage of demand-generation content.
These are the stages of the marketing funnel. This is why they are called:
- Top of the Funnel: Make new contacts and increase awareness
- Middle of the Funnel: Find new prospects and get to know them.
- Bottom of the Funnel: Provide validation and proof points to help prospects decide whether or not they want to purchase from us.
- Retention: Keep new customers happy with loyalty programs
This is a great visual to show how the content types vary by stage. Because there are more people in the TOFU stage (beginning) than the BOFU stage (end), it's known as a marketing funnel.
This is in contrast to TOFU content, which is intended to grab someone's attention. MOFU content is intended to collect their information.
What Content Types Are MOFU?
Blog posts, podcasts, social content and short videos are all great forms of early-stage TOFU content. MOFU content formats include whitepapers, Ebooks, webinars (live or recorded), and E-books. Email Nurture campaigns, templates and customer stories are just a few examples of TOFU content.
Whitepapers are longer reports that go into detail about a topic and provide an objective solution to industry problems or challenges.
Whitepaper was born from the use of glossy, colorful brochures and sales sheets to promote a product or service in the technology sector.
A "whitepaper", on the other hand, was meant to be more educational and objective. It often contained industry research and analyst quotes and was free of any selling. Whitepapers were often bought from third-party analyst firms like Gartner or Forrester for $10,000 or more. They were used to generate demand generation for larger tech companies and as a clearly objective piece of content to obtain your contact information and name.
These whitepapers used to be between 10 and 20 pages long. Although this practice is less common, it still exists in the form analyst reports or shorter, more visual buying guide.
E-books have evolved from paperwhites to be more visually appealing guides that you see today. Ultimate Guides, Buyer guides, are the most popular form of e-books. They typically have around 3500 words and are visually designed into approximately 10 pages with callout boxes to get quotes and stats.
Each year, we create approximately 50 e-books for our clients at a cost of about $5000 (with design) Here's a sample of one of our ebooks.
Webinars can be viewed online or virtual and will usually include a professional speaker, or a subject matter expert who provides insights such as trends, tips, and how-to.
Because of their practicality, template packs have been very popular in recent years. Your potential customers will find solutions to real-world problems using templates. They'll be more inclined to return to your brand for further insights. Here's a link to our Ultimate Content Marketing Template, which is the highest-converting page on this site! Our content marketing starter kit
Our email nurture series drive 75% of our leads. Through our newsletter subscription, we try to earn visitors' email addresses. We nurture our subscribers with a series subtle and not so subtle messages, stories and content.
My opinion is strong about the use of customer stories and case studies in content marketing. Make your customer the hero!
You'll see that our case studies do indeed validate the success of our clients, but they only talk about our client and not how amazing we are.
It is possible to integrate product-led content into your marketing funnel. As long as you keep the customer the hero.
Other forms of MOFU content include videos, checklists and slideshows.
How does MOFU Content increase conversion rates?
Content marketing is a key component of our belief in increasing sales. MOFU content is primarily designed to increase conversions.
People don't go to websites to read blogs and then request to purchase something. MOFU content keeps them interested long enough to learn how to purchase your product or service. If you're lucky enough, they might even buy your product or service because of the MOFU content. You're not just a good product or a great service, but you have built trust and authority.
The bottom line is that you're missing out on a lot of leads from content marketing efforts if MOFU content is not available.
CMI reports that MOFU content is second in content focus and budget after TOFU content.
It is important to concentrate on MOFU content and get it right. Let's now get to the math. Sirius Decisions published research a few years back that revealed that inquiries (new email addresses and new names) convert to leads (or Marketing Qualified Leads) at 4.4%.
Based on my own experiences at SAP, there was a 8% conversion rate to MQL. We were relentlessly testing our MOFU content, which led to higher scores. Product and sales teams would often ask us to use fact sheets and brochures to generate leads. We found that thought leadership content was the best method to increase conversion rates.
Check out our most recent data for more information about lead conversion rates.
With our Content Builder Service, Content Marketing Made Simple
Our Content Builder Service can help you get more visitors to your website by publishing quality content consistently.
Contact me to set up a consultation and I will send you a PDF copy of my books. Get started today to generate more leads and traffic for your business.
Marketing Insider Group's MOFU Content: How middle of funnel content increases your conversion rate appeared first.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is eCommerce Marketing?
Ecommerce marketing can be described as online shopping. It's the act and practice of selling products on the internet. This includes buying goods from companies and selling them over the web. If you're an individual seller, this would also include selling on eBay. You could also set up a business to sell your goods for profit. Selling products online is the best way to make money.
Here are more details concerning eCommerce marketing
Creating a successful eCommerce site involves finding out what type of products you want to sell. You should then decide whether you will offer one item (such a book), multiple items (such DVDs and books), or both.
Once you know the product you offer, you will need to find a supplier. A supplier can be a company that makes or sells the product you're looking for. You would, for instance, need to find a supplier that makes and sells greeting card products if you were to begin selling them.
After you've found a supplier, you'll need to create a website to display the products and allow buyers to purchase them. Some suppliers offer templates that you can use, while others require you create your template. Once your website is up and running, it's important to market it in order to get visitors. This involves posting articles on forums and websites, advertising on Google Adwords and emailing relevant contacts.
You have many options when it comes time to promote your eCommerce business. These include search engines, email, social networks, mobile apps, and search engines.
- Email marketing is a good choice for most businesses. It's cost-effective, easy to implement, and delivers results. However, it requires time and effort in order to generate quality leads.
- Search engine optimization is a technique for improving the rank of a website for specific keywords. Link building is the most common way to make pages rank higher on search engines.
- Social networking sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn are becoming increasingly crucial for promoting businesses. These sites are used by many people every day to connect with their family and friends. If you post useful articles, you can reach thousands of people.
- Apps for mobile devices are a powerful tool for eCommerce marketers. People love to shop on their smartphones and tablets. An app makes it easy to reach customers from wherever you are.
eCommerce is a rapidly growing industry. There are many options to promote your company. Choose wisely so you can reap the benefits of eCommerce marketing.
What are some direct-marketing examples?
Direct Marketing Examples include postcards, brochures, flyers, e-mails, etc.
Direct marketing helps you reach people at home or on the go. It is the best way to reach customers who already prefer your product or services over others.
You must know what kind of message would appeal most to your target market.
The key is to find out what your customer wants and then give it to them.
Direct marketing can be used to promote your business in many different ways. Direct marketing can be used to promote your business in many ways. You can send out catalogs to potential customers and advertise in local papers.
Another option is to create a unique mailing list of your existing customers. With a solid contacts list, you can add new subscribers easily to your list.
You can also ask current customers if you'd like to send them promotional materials. Some companies offer discounts to those who sign up for special offers.
What are 5 top social media marketing tactics?
Social Media Marketing is a great way to promote your business online. It is a great tool to increase brand awareness, generate leads, and sell products. Here are five ways to use social media marketing to boost your business.
- You can create a Facebook Fan page to allow you to interact with customers directly on Facebook. You can also upload images, videos, or other files.
- Twitter Promote Your Business – Twitter offers a great way to share information and connect people. To increase visibility, use hashtags
- Post Videos on YouTube. Many people enjoy watching these videos. If people like what they see, they may click on your website.
- Host live events – Live events allow potential clients to meet you face-to–face. They will be able to ask questions about the products and services you offer.
- Respond to Customer reviews – Positive customer reviews increase trust and promote repeat purchases. Negative comments should be addressed quickly.
What kind of eCommerce Marketing Strategy Should I Follow?
There are three main types eCommerce marketing:
- Direct marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing
Direct marketing means sending emails directly at potential buyers. These emails may contain coupons, special offers, and discounts. This type is used to build customer trust and loyalty.
Search engine optimization helps improve the ranking of your website when you search engines like Google or Yahoo. If your website ranks near the top for searches related to keywords, you will get more traffic.
Social media marketing can be done via websites such Facebook, Pinterest Instagram, YouTube and Instagram. Connect with your audience. It is free, simple to set up and highly effective.
Each method has its own pros and cons. SEO is time-consuming and requires effort while direct advertising is easy to do. But if you concentrate on just one type of marketing, you will not reap the full benefits from eCommerce marketing. We recommend combining multiple types of marketing.
Sending emails could be one way to promote your products and help you rank well in search engines results. You could also advertise on social media, and then link back to your website from these pages.
You can market your eCommerce store in many different ways, as you can see. Select the best options for your company and keep them in place over time. Good luck!
What are the 4 types of marketing?
Marketing can be broken down into four distinct categories: Direct Mail Marketing, Traditional Advertising and Public Relations. Each type of marketing has different purposes and should be used for a specific purpose. This way, you can use them together to reach your goals.
What are the most important types of marketing?
Marketing is about communicating ideas, values, or messages to consumers. We often use the term marketing interchangeably with advertising. Marketing does not just include advertising. Marketing covers all communications that promote and market products or services.
Marketing is made up of three components: promotion, branding, and distribution. Branding is the way a company presents itself to its target audiences. Promotion is the act that draws attention to your brand by using paid ads, free promotions, or other public relations efforts. Distribution is the method of delivering your message to your target audience. This can be done by traditional methods, such as radio, print and email. However, modern technologies make it more accessible.
- From 2020 to 2022, eMarketer predicts that digital marketing will grow by 36% and take up 54% of marketing budgets! (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- Meanwhile, a PartnerPath poll found that co-marketed ads help 68% of consumers arrive at a buying decision before even speaking to a salesperson. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- Many experts recommend you share 20% of your promotional content and 80% of other valuable content you find. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- Today, 81% of brands around the world have affiliate programs. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- According to statistics, 60% of online shoppers worldwide actively search for coupons before purchasing from a virtual shop. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- SEO Learning Center – Moz
- [Case Study] How We Ranked #1 for a High-Volume Keyword in Under 3 Months – Moz
What is your marketing strategy
How often have you heard the phrase, “If you build it, they will come”?
Well, you're wrong.
It takes work to build something, but it is not enough to attract customers. Internet Marketing Principles are essential to grow your business.
Internet Marketing Principles refer to the guidelines marketers use in creating websites, blogs, emails campaigns, and social media profiles that generate leads, and sales.
You can sell handmade jewelry online by learning these Internet Marketing Principles.
Here are some examples from Internet Marketing Principles.
- Content is King – You must make your content unique and memorable. If you copy someone else's content, you'll lose credibility as a source of information.
- Building trust – People are more likely to trust recommendations from their friends and families than Adsense or advertisements. So, if you recommend a product, make sure it's trustworthy.
- Make it personal. People prefer to interact with real people over robots. Make sure your website looks human, not robotic.
- Offer value – People will only give out free stuff if you feel they are getting something in return. For their contact information, give them something for free.
- Storytelling is a powerful tool for connecting with your audience. They help you tell your story and connect with your audience.
- Giveaways – Give things away to spread brand awareness and build loyalty.
- Using call-to-action buttons is important because they prompt users to take action.
- Make sure you test everything before you publish your website.
- Keep it simple. Simple is always better than complicated. Keep it as simple as possible. A website that is simple to maintain and easy to update will be more successful.
- Have a clear goal – A clear goal makes it easier to measure results.
- Measure everything – It's crucial to measure your progress towards your marketing goals.
- Focus on conversion. Conversion is turning visitors into buyers.
- Get feedback – Feedback allows you to improve your marketing efforts.
- Track your results – By tracking your results, you can identify areas that need improvement.
- Repeat – Repetition creates momentum
- Optimize your marketing efforts. This ensures that your marketing efforts perform effectively.
- You must be consistent. Your brand will always be remembered.
- Reward yourself – Rewards motivate you to continue doing well.
- Learn from others. – It is a great way to avoid making the same mistakes.
- Never stop learning.
- For sustainable growth, you must think long-term.
- Trust your gut – Sometimes intuition is your best guide.
- Every day should be treated as a test. Although mistakes are inevitable they teach us lessons that we wouldn’t otherwise know.
- Understand your weaknesses – Understanding your strengths and weaknesses gives you insight into how to overcome obstacles.
- Don't be discouraged. Everyone fails at one point or another. But don't let failure discourage you. Just try again.
- You must take some risks to be successful.
- Enjoy the journey. To live a happy life, it is important to enjoy the journey.
- Be passionate – Passion fuels motivation.
- You must be true to who you are. This is key to building trust and relationships.
- Know Yourself – Self knowledge is vital for self improvement.
- Find your tribe – It is important to find a supportive group of people who are like-minded.
- Vision boards are great tools to visualize your future.
- Ask questions. Questions can open up doors to knowledge.
By: Michael Brenner
Title: MOFU Content: How Middle Of Funnel Content Increases Your Conversion Rate
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/content-marketing/know-mofu-start-dialogue-increase-conversion-rates/
Published Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 14:00:00 +0000