Digital, social, and mobile technologies have profoundly changed the way we live and work. Marketing is the most disrupted function.
Many small businesses have taken to the internet in an attempt to save their revenue since the pandemic. Too many businesses fall for the trap of hiring social media managers, creative branding, and ad agencies that are eager to make a profit, instead of wasting money on uninterested, tired eyes.
Today's successful business understands the distractions of our world. A smart entrepreneur understands that reaching people with the content they need and want is the best way for them to grow.
We believe in customer-centric business growth. We offer content marketing services that will attract the right buyers at a fraction of the cost of a single advertisement.
We only work with people who realize that to create something amazing, you must invest small amounts over time. With that in mind, these 99 business facts will help you understand how the world works, how to thrive and how to win in your marketing.
99 Business Facts to Inspire Your Marketing for 2022
- 73% of those surveyed said they wouldn't mind if the brands they use vanished from their lives.
- The largest advertising budgets are spent on TV by Cereal manufacturers and car companies.
- According to employees, Tuesday is the most productive workday.
- Search engines account for 93% of all visits to company websites.
- Advertising will be $850 billion by 2024 for companies.
- 96% of marketers agree that their advertising is a waste.
- P&G and Chase Bank cut their ad budgets in the pandemic. They reported zero sales revenue impact.
- 53% of US consumers would choose to leave their cable or internet provider if given the option.
- Every day, US consumers receive over 7,000 marketing messages.
- Since 2000, newspapers have lost $55 Billion worth of advertising revenue. Now, the figure is just below $10 billion.
- 20%-40% of clicks on paid advertisements are fraudulent.
- 88% of the US's Millionaires are self-made entrepreneurs
- Wordstream's average click-through rate for PPC ads was 0.2%.
- 75% of marketers reported positive results from content marketing.
- 70% of small businesses such as ours are run by one person.
- Boards and CEOs will not accept marketing that doesn't drive real business results.
- 99 percent of entrepreneurs are from the extremely wealthy or lower-middle classes.
- 46% don't trust government officials to tell the truth. 49% of CEOs are trusted. 75% of scientists are most trusted.
- 67% of B2B marketers state that their number one goal is to increase sales leads.
- Survey respondents believe that small businesses care more about customers' needs than large companies.
- Social media accounts for only 2-5% of website traffic.
- Paid ads account for only 18% of e-commerce site sales. The other 80% come organically.
- 97% of self-employed workers don't intend to return to traditional work.
- Social networks of employees are 10x more than those they work for.
- It costs 6 to 7x more to acquire new customers than it does to keep an existing one.
- Outbound marketing is 62% more expensive per lead than inbound marketing.
- Email marketing and content marketing have a higher ROI than any other marketing strategy.
- Between 2010 and 2020, the number of internet content grew by 10x. Video grew by 20x.
- Marketing can be described as a conversation between potential customers and a company.
- Nearly 4 billion people work worldwide, with nearly half of them working in agriculture, small households, and casual or seasonal day labor.
- Over 750 million youth are not working or studying.
- India adds a million workers each month. Every year, the total population of Sweden joins the labor force. This has been going on for 20 years.
- Since 1965, fathers in the USA have almost tripled the amount of time they spend with their children. Mothers today spend more time with their children now than they did in 1960s.
- More than 40% of the world's population is expected to live in severe water stress by 2050.
- The global rate of extreme poverty was 20% before the pandemic. This is less than half of the 43% rate in 1990.
- Our phones are checked more than 150 times per hour.
- After Walmart opened its first single-store retail business, the number of businesses has declined by 55% in 40 years
- Video makes up 90% of internet data.
- Google was initially called Backrub (ewww!)
- Apple's third founder sold his 10% stake in the company for $800 2 weeks ago.
- Lung cancer claimed the life of Marlboro Man.
- More than 40% of companies that were in the Fortune 500's top 100 in 2010 are no longer there.
- Blockbuster, a company in 2000, refused to purchase a startup called Netflix for $50 million.
- Slack is the fastest company ever to hit $2 Billion.
- A Walmart is visited by a third of the US population every week.
- An Apple Mac was the one that created the famous sound of Windows Operating System's Startup.
- Fedex went bankrupt in 1974. Their founder took $5,000 and converted it into $32,000 playing Roulette. FedEx today is worth more $30 Billion.
- Samsung manufactures the retina displays for Apple.
- A Kodak engineer in the 1990's predicted that the company would collapse if it didn't move to digital. In 2012, they went bankrupt just as Facebook acquired Instagram for $1 billion.
- Instagram's “Mayfair” filter photos get the most likes.
- Rubik's cubes have been the most-sold product ever. iPhones are second.
- Amazon requires all employees to spend two days a year in customer service.
- Most bottled water contains only filtered tap water
- Every day, 18,980 loads are washed by Disney employees
- The CEO of Coca-Cola, the world's most well-known brand, stated that “brand advertising is not valuable” in 2018, while advocating for more sustainable and social practices.
- The US has 99% of small businesses (less than 500 employees) which equates to 33 million businesses.
- 46% of small businesses employ 1-5 employees, either full-time or part time.
- About 64% of all jobs that are created in the United States (1.5 million by 2020) are attributable to small businesses.
- 60% of those who start small businesses are between 40-60
- Covid rendered 31% of US businesses non-operational
- 188% of younger generations are more likely to start their own business.
- 20% of small businesses fail within the first year, and 50% in five years.
- An average small business lasts 8.5 years.
- Cash flow can be the root cause of 82% small business failures. That's what I feel. Pay your invoices people!
- 52% of small business owners cite poor labor quality as their greatest challenge.
- 64% of small business owners use social media, even though it only generates 2-5% of traffic or leads for the average company.
- Online advertising is used by 49% of small businesses, even though it generates less than 8% traffic and leads for the average company.
- Small businesses use digital technology in 85% of cases
- A 50% lower chance of approval for a loan to a business is experienced by women than in men
- Only 61% have a website for their small business.
- In 2021 there were 5.2 billion internet users.
- Nearly 2 billion websites are available on the internet.
- Social media users account for 3.1 billion Internet users.
- WordPress is used by 43% of the global population to power their websites.
- Facebook, WhatsApp, WeChat and Instagram are the most used social media apps.
- Contrary to popular belief, 92% of online feedback is positive and only 2% is negative.
- 71% don't believe sponsored ads, 69% distrust advertisements, and 65% do not trust press releases.
- Email, event and content marketing are the top three methods of lead generation.
- 25% of small businesses don't know what their lead generation conversion rates should be.
- When compared to paid searches, content marketing generates 3x as many leads per dollar.
- Outbound marketing generates three times as many leads, but content marketing costs 62% less.
- Blogs are 126% more effective for small businesses than blogs that don't.
- Blog content is 434% more search engine-indexed than webpages without it.
- You will get about 2x the business if you publish 8 blog posts per month.
- TechCrunch and CNN use WordPress as their CMS.
- Companies with blogs receive 97% more links from their websites.
- Adding video content can increase organic traffic by as much as 157%
- 43% of people would like to see more video content by marketers.
- Facebook videos are viewed with no sound in 85% of cases.
- Video content tends to make people stay longer on websites.
- Automated email can increase revenue up to 320%
- Email is 40x better at acquiring customers than social media
- Conversion rates can be up to 28% higher if you include a call-to-action button rather than a link.
- Marketing automation software is used by half of small- and medium-sized companies to send drip emails and keep employees engaged.
- A piece of social media content has a shelf life of 7 seconds on Twitter and 3hrs in Facebook
- Before making a purchase, the average consumer will see 3 pieces of content.
- Before making a purchase, the average Business buyer consumes 21 pieces of content
- 17 people make up the average business purchase decision
- 29% of Millennials find love on Facebook, while 33% fall for wall posts and text messages.
Video featuring more business facts
Here are some additional facts about your favorite brands
Start somewhere if you don't have the skills to create a consistent content strategy. You can refresh your content by adding purpose, value, updating links and using eye-catching graphics.
Are you seeing compounding returns for your evergreen content. We would love to hear about your personal experiences in the comments section.
Our Content Marketing Services can help you get more visitors to your website by publishing quality content consistently.
Marketing Insider Group's post, Business Facts to Inspire Your Marketing appeared as a first article.
By: Michael Brenner
Title: Business Facts To Inspire Your Marketing
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/strategy/99-facts-future-business/
Published Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 14:00:00 +0000