In 2016, I wrote about the Top Five B2B Marketing Strategies You Can't Forget. There are still many marketing platforms, software and tools available that can generate leads and convert them. They also offer the highest ROI.
However, there have been many other world-changing events since then, which have transformed every industry in many ways. This has led to some significant strategic changes within the B2B marketing space.
Research revealed that digital aspects such as website design, functionality, paid search and social engagement were the most popular B2B marketing strategies. These were:
- Mobile-friendly web development and UX design
- Rebranding and launch of a brand
- SEO that focuses on content marketing
- Focus on Google Ads in SEM
- LinkedIn sponsored content enables social media engagement
According to the most recent B2B Marketing Mix Report, (MMR), while certain elements have remained the exact same, marketers place greater emphasis on brand strategy. This includes personalization and employer branding. Regardless of your goals, the order in which these tactics are placed will be different. However, each one will have an impact on every successful B2B marketing campaign.
These are five B2B marketing strategies you shouldn't overlook in 2023.
Use Social Media and Branding to Increase Awareness
Marketing was a priority in the past. It was important to generate qualified leads that could be sold and marketed. With so many businesses rushing to search engines to get found, it's easy for professionals to see why they are spending more time and energy building awareness for their brand and products.
This trend is in line with MMR findings regarding the top marketing tactics and areas where spend is most effective. It's high time you start to take your social media and website seriously.
Marketers also experience higher engagement on Twitter which can help with brand awareness and reputation management. Businesses can use the platform's post style to create relatable brand personalities.
Twitter truly is a multifunctional platform that provides a valuable service for B2B professionals. Tweeting can be a great way to engage with relevant audiences, support customers, share industry news and provide thought leadership.
Personalization can be increased for your audience
We saw the largest pushes towards personalization in marketing last year. When marketers are focused on what prospects value most, personalization in B2B can help build brand loyalty.
Marketers should continue to use empathy and best practices in order to keep up with the 2021 push for more personalization in email, account-based marketing, and inbound marketing. 41% of respondents to the survey believe personalization will be a key part of their 2023 marketing and sales strategy, tied with social media marketing.
This means that there are still many teams who haven't tried modern personalization techniques and capabilities. You'll find out what personalization strategies work for you and your audience the more you experiment with them.
Prioritize Organic & Paid Social Media Marketing
SEM and SEO each had a spot in the top five in 2016, but we now see them all together. These two digital strategies are being pushed to the forefront by businesses as they rush to improve their online presence.
Social media rose from being the second most used tactic in the MMR to becoming the first. 83% of respondents say that social media advertising and social media marketing are their top marketing strategies. 34% consider it to be a top marketing area.
Marketers are realizing the benefits of both paid and organic social media marketing and choosing to invest in both for their online success. This allows marketers to build highly targeted groups of prospects and position themselves in the right places at right times using retargeting ads. Brands can easily identify, connect, and engage qualified leads with platforms like LinkedIn and Facebook.
Try Video Marketing
With the advent of TikTok, the reels and stories that can be shared across the various platforms, video marketing has seen a surge in popularity. YouTube remains the most popular video platform in terms of both audience size and ad usage, but all platforms have something to offer marketers regarding what their audiences are looking for.
Video marketing can be engaging and affordable for all budgets. Video content is easy to create with the camera built into most modern devices. It can also be a great way to highlight your brand's personality and tone. Videos can be informal or professional and cover any topic. They can also be presented in a variety of formats such as product and service promotions, interviews, testimonials and tutorials.
If you don't have the funds to hire a professional, there is a wealth of video production companies that can help you create visually stunning, well-written pieces.
Use LinkedIn to Targeted Lead Engagement
LinkedIn remains the most trusted social media platform to find and engage with leads after six years. A variety of ad formats allow you to reach targeted audiences. You can share your thought leadership, offer demos and consultations, or showcase your work. Reaching niche-specific audiences through contact and company lists is possible. This can be difficult with other channels. Marketers can use both outbound and inbound marketing strategies to reach key accounts and business stakeholders quickly with an account-based strategy.
It's all in the end
There are many tools and platforms that can help companies plan, strategize and execute B2B marketing strategies. However, without extensive tactical experience and a vast amount of data, it can be difficult. Sagefrog's stepwise marketing strategy is based on the belief that "strategy with tactics is a dream" and "tactics with no strategy is a nightmare." Let's chat if you need assistance in implementing these strategies or any other marketing strategy for your brand.
Marketing Insider Group's post 5 B2B Marketing Strategies You Can't Forget in 2023 originally appeared on Marketing Insider Group.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the four functions marketing serves?
Marketing is about creating demand for products, services, and other goods.
It gives information about the company's offerings and its values and how they affect customers' lives.
Marketing can also increase interest in an offering and build awareness. Finally, it drives action (or buy) in response a invitation to act.
Marketing can be divided into four functions.
- In order to create demand, you must build relationships with potential buyers in order to convince them that there is value buying your product or services.
- Stimulating interest: This is a way to increase awareness about your product.
- Building Awareness – This is the process of making sure that your customers are aware of your product or service, and why they may want to purchase it.
- Driving Action – This means ensuring that consumers make purchases after becoming aware of your product or services.
What eCommerce Marketing Strategy Do I Need to Follow?
There are three types in eCommerce marketing:
- Direct marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing
Direct marketing means sending emails directly at potential buyers. These emails may contain coupons, special offers, and discounts. This type marketing aims at building customer loyalty and trust.
Search engine optimization involves improving the ranking of your site in search engines like Google and Yahoo. If your website ranks near the top for searches related to keywords, you will get more traffic.
Social media marketing can be done via websites such Facebook, Pinterest Instagram, YouTube and Instagram. Connect with your audience. It is free, simple to set up and highly effective.
Each of these options has its pros, and cons. SEO is time-consuming and requires effort while direct advertising is easy to do. If you are only focused on one aspect of eCommerce marketing, you may not see the full benefit. We encourage you to combine multiple marketing channels.
To promote your products, you can send emails and get high rankings in search engine results. Or you could advertise on social media and then link to your site from those pages.
There are many ways to market an eCommerce store. You can choose the most effective for your business, and then implement them over time. Best of luck!
What is eCommerce marketing?
Ecommerce marketing is simply online shopping. It is the act or selling products over the internet. This includes buying goods from companies and selling them over the web. If you are an individual selling, this could include selling on eBay. A business may be set up where you make a profit by selling goods. Selling products online is the best way to make money.
Here are some additional details on eCommerce marketing:
A successful eCommerce website requires you to decide what products you want. Next, choose whether you want to sell a single item (e.g. a book) or multiple items (e.g. books and DVDs).
Once you know the product you offer, you will need to find a supplier. A supplier is an organization that manufactures and sells the product you wish to sell. For example, if you wanted to start selling greeting cards, you'd need to find a supplier that made and sold greeting cards.
After finding a supplier, create a website to showcase the products and allow buyers buy them. Some suppliers provide templates you can use; others require you to design your template. Once you have a website up and running, you'll need to market it to attract visitors. This involves posting articles on forums and websites, advertising on Google Adwords and emailing relevant contacts.
There are many ways to promote your eCommerce store. These include email and search engines as well as social networks and mobile apps.
- Email marketing is a smart choice for most companies. It's cost-effective and easy to implement. And it delivers results. However, it requires time and effort in order to generate quality leads.
- SEO (search engine optimization) is a technique that helps improve a webpage's rankings for keywords. Link building is a common method to improve pages' rankings in search engines.
- Promoting businesses is becoming more important through social networking sites such LinkedIn and Facebook. These social networking sites are used daily by millions of people to communicate with their families and friends. You can get exposure to thousands of new customers if you post interesting articles there.
- Apps for mobile devices are a powerful tool for eCommerce marketers. Shoppers love to use their tablets and smartphones to shop. An app allows customers to be reached wherever they may be.
eCommerce has been a growing business. There are many options to promote your company. Take your time to choose the right method for you to reap the benefits of eCommerce marketing.
- According to statistics, 60% of online shoppers worldwide actively search for coupons before purchasing from a virtual shop. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- This allows us to deliver CPCs that are 80% less than average and CTRs 4-5 times higher than average. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- In 2017, 34% of marketers cited co-branding as the most effective way to increase the number of email subscribers. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- 81% of brands employ affiliate marketing, and eCommerce sites are particularly good candidates. (blog.hubspot.com)
- Today, 81% of brands around the world have affiliate programs. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- SEO Learning Center, Moz
- [Case Study] How Moz Ranked #1 for High-Volume Keywords in Less Than 3 Months – Moz
How can you tell if your branding efforts are working?
The best way to measure your success is to ask your customers directly. Ask them to rate your brand. What do they most like about your company. What are they not fond of? How can you improve?
You can also use social media to conduct surveys like on Facebook or Twitter. Just post a question asking your followers to rate your brand. You can then analyze the results and determine which aspects are most successful.
Also, you can read customer reviews. Customers love to share their experiences with businesses, whether they are happy or dissatisfied. Read through these comments carefully to understand what people think about your brand.
These are some ways to improve your brand.
- Be consistent. Your marketing materials shouldn't be changed every time you launch a new product. You should keep your message consistent across all channels.
- Multiple channels are a good thing. To promote your brand, you should use email, social media, websites, and other digital communication channels.
- You must ensure that you give your customers exactly what they need. Make sure that you honor your promise of free shipping if you make it available. Customers who expect quick delivery may be disappointed.
- Remember that your brand is more than just a logo. Your company's brand is everything. Take the time to build a complete image.
- Get feedback from your customers. The sooner you hear what they think, the better off you'll be.
- Test different messages. You might find that one message is more effective than the others. Or maybe you have two very similar messages, but one gets more responses. Either way, it's good to keep an eye on your stats to see which message is performing best.
- You can improve your brand by looking for ways. Do you have any ideas for improvement? Maybe you could add more videos to your website. Perhaps you could add more customer testimonials to your blog posts.
- Create a plan. Once you've established your goals/objectives, you can create a strategy to reach them. This involves establishing a time frame for each goal. This also includes setting up milestones that will help you track your progress.
- Measuring your results is important. You can stop measuring when you reach your goal. Instead, you should set up a system which will allow you to track your progress over time. It will be easy to track your progress towards your goal.
- Repeat! Repeat! You might consider hiring someone to assist you if you have trouble keeping up with current marketing efforts.
- Remain positive. Negative feedback is something you should never ignore, but you shouldn't dwell too much on it. Instead, you should focus on how this information can be used to improve your brand.
- Utilize technology. The technology has given us many tools we couldn't have imagined. Use them to your advantage. For example, you could create a mobile app for your brand.
- Think outside the box. You don't have to be afraid of trying something new. You should think about what you are doing before you do.
- Have fun. Marketing isn't supposed to be stressful. Marketing can be described as “fun marketing.” It's important to enjoy your work.
- When to give up. When you feel like your efforts have been in vain, it's OK to give up. Don't quit too soon. Sometimes you have to stick with it until you achieve the desired outcome.
- Consistency is key to success. Consistency and consistency are key to success. It is worth taking the time to create a schedule.
- Be patient. Building a successful brand takes patience. It won't happen overnight.
- Keep learning. Marketing is always changing. You can stay up to date by reading blogs, or even attending webinars.
- Never stop improving. Even after you reach your goal, there are still things you can learn.
- Enjoy the journey. Marketing is fun. Marketing doesn't have to be boring.
By: Mark Schmukler
Title: 5 B2B Marketing Tactics You Can’t Ignore in 2023
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/b2b-marketing/5-b2b-marketing-tactics-you-cant-ignore-in-2022/
Published Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 13:00:17 +0000