Personalizing your marketing communications is more important than ever with the rise of content spam generated by AI tools such as ChatGPT.
Why? Google has changed their algorithms to search for more useful content. Readers are also searching for more human-generated content.
We are looking for content that conveys expertise, authority, and trustworthiness. Instead of E-A-T content that shows expertise, authority, and trustworthiness, writing that conveys "experience", which no AI-generated piece can ever replicate, is what we are looking for.
No, AI isn't going to replace human writers. Only human writers possess the experience, expertise, authority, trustworthiness, and authority that we all seek. Personalizing marketing communications is another way to think about content creation.
Each customer is unique. Customers have different motivations, needs, and interests. It makes sense to treat them differently. Customers expect a personalized experience tailored to their needs. This is a new era in marketing. People don't like to be treated like numbers on a spreadsheet. They want to feel like people and it is up to us to make that happen.
Personalization has been proven to be an extremely effective marketing strategy. We have also discussed how AI can be combined with personalization to increase the quality of leads. Here's some evidence:
- Infosys found that 59% of customers believe personalization has an influence on their purchasing decision.
- McKinsey reported that 79% customers will only engage in new offers if they are personalized.
- MarketingProfs found that businesses who personalize web experiences experience an average 19% increase in sales.
You won't be able to reach everyone if you try to talk to everyone. It's time for you to define your target audience and personalize their experience.
What is Personalized Marketing Communications?
Personalized marketing communications use data to personalize messages based on a person's behavior.
A notification might be sent to readers who have read an article in its early stages, such as "What is Content Marketing?" to let them know that the next article in the series is "Why content marketing is important."
This requires extensive data analysis and content predictions, which are dependent on mapping content to buyer journeys. We might suggest content for the next step of the buyer's journey, based on the above examples. This could include what and why, how to create a content marketing strategy, cost, time, etc.
I could go on.
Other marketing personalization strategies are based on different data points, such as:
- Persona: Who are you? You could, for example, send one message to Vice Presidents and another to your users.
- Reader behavior – What you do when surfing the internet, such as dynamic links or offers based on what and where you click.
- Geography-based: Where you are. Based on your IP address, some websites will tell you the weather. (Creepy?)
- Channel-based : Where you consume content. Let's look at some of these more in detail…
How to Apply Channel-Based Marketing Personalization
Personalizing marketing communications starts with your website. IBM reported that personalized website offers led to a 400% increase of response rates for one client. You have many options to personalize your website's content.
You can personalize offers based on the customer's shopping history and account details if you have an e-commerce website. These are two amazing examples from Amazon.
- Logging in will show links in the navigation area that include the user's name, such as "Emma’s Amazon.com" instead of Amazon.com and "Hello, Dan", which links to the account menu options.
- Amazon.com uses information about a user's browsing history to make recommendations for products that they might like or buy. These are displayed on the homepage of the next visit.
These and other personal elements can be found on websites through dynamic content. This is simply "HTML content on your site, forms or landing pages that changes based on the viewers."
PS: This form is actually used on our website to display different offers. We use an AdRotate WordPress plug-in.
As long as you have the correct information, personalizing any type of message on your website can be done. Instead of saying "free international shipping", you could use the visitor's IP address to determine their location and then say "free shipping in [your state]".
Marketing personalization via "hey [FIRST NAME] email is long gone.
Email remains the best way for businesses to communicate with customers. Nearly 95% of marketers claim that email is their main method of lead generation. However, personalization in subject lines can help marketers get 26% more open rates. Email personalization does not stop at including the customer's name in the subject.
Segmentation is an important strategy for email personalization. First, ensure you have the correct data. If you want to send specific industry-specific emails, instead of asking subscribers for their 'name' and 'email' fields, add a dropdown that includes information about industries such as retail, real estate and food.
Segment your email list by industry to send relevant emails. You can offer related products and discounted subscriptions if you have transactional information such as past subscription plans or product purchases.
Automated behavior-triggered email is another great personalization tactic. Duolingo is a language learning app. Users who haven’t attended lessons for a certain period of time receive an email with the subject "We miss your!"
Social media has become a key tool in any marketing strategy. New Media Marketing found that 76% of businesses use Social Media to reach their marketing goals. Retailers have seen a 133% increase in revenue after using social media. Personalization is an important tactic in social media.
The best way to personalize is with Custom Audiences. The feature is available to all businesses that advertise on Facebook. You can upload a customer list and include information such as purchaser email addresses. Facebook will then encrypt the file after upload. You can then target your Facebook ads to the right audience.
This is an excellent way to remind people to upgrade their accounts if they have a list who received a 30-day free product trial. You can use a custom audience list to exempt your existing subscribers from the Facebook ad if you are running a Facebook campaign to increase email newsletter subscriptions.
Twitter offers a similar feature, Tailored Audiences.
Engaging with individual accounts is the best way to personalize social media communications. It shows that you care about the people who are following you on social media by responding personally to their messages and mentioning them when writing.
Advertise on Google Network (including Google Search and YouTube and Gmail) Advertising on places like the Google Network (including YouTube, YouTube, Gmail, etc.) can be very rewarding if you are able to personalize your ads with available features.
Google's Customer Match is one way to do this. Similar to Facebook Custom Audiences but with Customer Match, you can upload a list email addresses and match them to a Google user list to target them.
If you have a list that has signed up for a webinar about social media marketing trends, this could be an example. These individuals can be retargeted by showing ads linking back to your website whenever they use keywords such as "social media." However, only those emails will see these ads.
Re-targeting and re-marketing are personalization strategies that take advantage of a user’s browsing history (via cookies). It's something you have probably seen firsthand. For example, if you search Adidas Stan Smith shoes on Google, and start seeing banner ads on random websites linking to Amazon landing pages with the same shoes, it is likely that you have already experienced it.
After that, close the browser and start browsing Facebook. Voila! The exact same Amazon.com page as for Adidas Stan Smith is now in your Facebook sidebar ads. Google allows you to re-market and Facebook can use Custom Audiences.
Personalization is key to success in marketing communications
Personalizing your marketing strategy will help you communicate with your customers in this AI-freaked-out age.
You can make the most of dynamic content in your website user experience by segmenting subscribers, targeting custom audiences on Facebook and using personalized PPC strategies. However, you must use personal information such email addresses and names with care. This will ensure that customers are not violated.
Personalized communications are one thing. If your brand is perceived as creepy, it's quite another.
Are you ready to increase traffic to your website with consistent quality content? Get our Content Builder Service today!
The post Which Marketing Communications Should you Personalize? Marketing Insider Group published the first version of this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are 7 steps in an internet marketing strategy plan?
Internet marketing strategies help businesses achieve their goals through online media. These steps include research, planning, implementation, monitoring and analysis. Each step is crucial for internet marketing success and should be done regularly.
- Planning – This involves identifying your target audience, and creating a plan to reach them. Also, think about who might be interested in your product or service.
- Research allows you to better understand your customers' needs and interests so you can make the right product or service choices. You also gain valuable insight into consumer behavior and trends.
- Implementation involves choosing a platform, such as Facebook, and deciding where to place ads. Once you have selected your platforms, make sure that they are correctly set up. You can also decide whether you want to spend money or pay per click.
- Monitoring – Monitoring lets you see how your efforts are performing. Google Analytics Analytics allows you to track traffic flows, conversions rates, and customer demographics.
- This allows you compare results to benchmarks as well as previous performance levels. This step will help you to identify areas that are underperforming.
- Optimization – Making changes to your website in order to attract more visitors is called optimization. You could, for example, add new features to your site or modify how visitors navigate it.
- Evaluation – Evaluate your campaign's performance to see where it is at the moment. Is there room for improvement? If not, then you may have reached your goal. You'll still need to address any issues.
What are the primary types of marketing you use?
Marketing is the process of communicating ideas and values to consumers. Marketing is often used interchangeably with advertising. Marketing goes beyond advertising. Marketing can include all communication methods that promote or market a product, service, or idea.
Marketing is made up of three components: promotion, branding, and distribution. Branding is the way a company presents itself to its target audiences. Promotion refers to attracting attention for your brand through paid advertising, promotions and other public relations activities. Distribution is how you get your message across to your target audience. This can be done by traditional methods, such as radio, print and email. However, modern technologies make it more accessible.
What are the 4 types?
Marketing can be broken down into four distinct categories: Direct Mail Marketing, Traditional Advertising and Public Relations. Each of these categories has different goals and should only be used for specific purposes. This way, you can use them together to reach your goals.
What are some examples of direct marketing?
Direct Marketing Examples include postcards, brochures, flyers, e-mails, etc.
Direct marketing helps reach people from anywhere, at any time. It's the best way to communicate with customers who have already chosen your product or service over another brand.
You must know what kind of message would appeal most to your target market.
It is important to understand your customer's needs and give it to them.
Direct marketing can be used for many reasons. You could send potential customers catalogs or advertise in local newspaper.
You could also create a separate mailing list for your customers. A good contact database will make it easy to add subscribers to your mailing list.
Ask your customers if they would like promotional material. Many companies offer discounts for those who sign up to special offers.
Are there any potential risks in digital marketing?
Yes, digital marketing has its risks.
To protect your online reputation, it is important to be cautious with what you post on social networking sites.
You must ensure that your content does not infringe any intellectual property rights of others.
If you don't monitor your online presence, you could lose control of your brand image.
Lastly, you may be subject to identity theft if someone uses your details without permission.
How to protect your online reputation
- Be careful about what you share on social networks
- Ensure all Content Is Original and Doesn’t Infringe On Any Other Person’s Intellectual Property Rights
- Monitor Your Brand Image
- Strong Passwords
- Avoid Using Personal Details Without Permission
- Report any unauthorized activity immediately
- Don't Post Photos Of Yourself Or Others In A Disturbing Way
- Never Give Out Your Social Security Number
- Keep Up With The Latest News
- Stay Away From Scams
- Choose A Secure Password
- Always check for updates
- Don't give away too much information
- Don't give out your credit card number without being vigilant
- Do Not Send Money Through E-Mail
- Beware of fake websites
- Bad reviews can damage your business.
- Check Your Credit Reports Regularly
- Pay attention to your privacy settings
- Ask Someone Who Knows You Well Before Sharing Something
How to Create an Ecommerce Marketing Plan
First, identify the products and services you wish to sell. You should have a range of products and services that are related to your business.
The second step involves determining the amount of money that you are willing to spend on marketing, advertising promotions, or other methods. Multimedia marketing techniques may be needed, such as direct mail blasts, email blasts or social media.
Once you have an idea of how much money is needed, you can begin to create a budget. Asking an expert in emarketing can help you determine which marketing method will work best for your business. They will help you decide which method is right for your business.
Once you have your plan in place you can begin to implement it. It is possible to hire someone else to assist you in this process.
Start from scratch, you don't have to reinvent the wheel. You can use proven strategies that have worked for other online retailers. Always test all changes before making them.
It is important to remember that your ultimate goal in eCommerce marketing is to increase profits and sales. Your eCommerce marketing strategy should consider both long-term and short-term goals.
You can boost your sales by reading our article about eCommerce marketing strategies. We hope they can help you achieve your goals!
What is eCommerce marketing?
Ecommerce marketing can be described as online shopping. It's selling products via the Internet. This includes buying goods from companies to sell them over the internet. This would include selling on eBay if you are an individual seller. A business may be set up where you make a profit by selling goods. You want to make money online selling your products.
Here are more details concerning eCommerce marketing
The first step in creating a successful eCommerce site is to identify the type of products that you are looking to sell. First, determine whether you are going to sell one item (a book), or several items (such as DVDs and books).
Once you know what your product is, you need to find suppliers. A supplier can be a company that makes or sells the product you're looking for. If you wanted to start selling greeting card, you would first need to find suppliers that make and sell them.
Once you've identified a supplier to work with, you'll need a website created to show the products to buyers and make it easy for them to order. Some suppliers provide templates; others require that you design your template. Once you have a website, you will need to market it. This includes posting content on forums and blogs, advertising on sites like Google Adwords and sending emails to the relevant contacts.
There are many ways to promote your eCommerce store. These include search engines, email, social networks, mobile apps, and search engines.
- Email marketing is a popular choice for many businesses. It's cost-effective, easy to implement, and delivers results. However, generating quality leads requires a lot of effort and time.
- Search engine optimization is a technique for improving the rank of a website for specific keywords. Link building is a common method to improve pages' rankings in search engines.
- For businesses, social networking sites like LinkedIn and Facebook are increasingly important. Many people use these sites every day to communicate with friends and family. Posting interesting articles on these sites can help you reach thousands of potential customers.
- For eCommerce marketers, mobile apps can also be a great tool. People love to shop on their smartphones and tablets. A mobile app lets you reach customers no matter where they are.
eCommerce is now a major business. There are many options to promote your company. You can reap the benefits from eCommerce marketing if you make wise decisions.
- In 2017, 34% of marketers cited co-branding as the most effective way to increase the number of email subscribers. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- Today, 81% of brands around the world have affiliate programs. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- Companies that use personalization are seeing revenue increases ranging from 6-10%. (blog.hubspot.com)
- According to statistics, 60% of online shoppers worldwide actively search for coupons before purchasing from a virtual shop. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- This allows us to deliver CPCs that are 80% less than average and CTRs 4-5 times higher than average. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- How to Use Search Engine Optimization to Build Your Brand
- Marketing Automation: Examples & Tools (2022)
20 Top Affiliate Marketing Strategies for 2022
Affiliate marketing is one of the most effective ways to make money online. Affiliate marketing is also one of the easiest ways to start because you need to sign up for an affiliate network such as ShareASale or Commission Junction and then place links on a website or blog. If someone makes a purchase through one of the links, you will be paid a commission.
Here are 20 affiliate marketing strategies to try in 2022:
- Create a Content Calendar
- Google Adwords
- Start Your Podcast
- Join A Blogging Network
- Register Your Email Address
- Reviews get paid
- Make an Impact as an Influencer
- Offer Free Trials
- Start a Membership Site
- Sell Products On Amazon
- Write articles
- Start a YouTube Channel
- Host Events
- Develop A Mobile App
- Promote Your Business Online
- Run Facebook Ads
- Get a Twitter Account
- Increase your Instagram Followers
- Be open with your customers
- Long-term, you can earn more money
By: Michael Brenner
Title: Which Marketing Communications Should You Personalize?
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/content-marketing/marketing-communications-personalize/
Published Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 13:00:00 +0000