SEO for Google is the cornerstone of content marketing. SEO for Google is what drives search rankings, web traffic and ultimately converts customers. It can be confusing! An SEO strategy has many moving parts. Google also updates its algorithm every year, so your SEO strategy must keep up with the changes.
There are many valuable tools that you can use, some of which are affordable or even free. There are many tools that you can use to gain the insight you need. Here's a list with 8 of our favorite tools. You'll find tools that can help you with almost every aspect of Google SEO, including keywords, backlinks and site speed.
- The industry's leaders in SEO tools, Ahreds and Moz, are well-known for their comprehensive features and SEMRush is one of them.
- Google provides two tools that every business should use for SEO: Google Search Console, and Google Analytics.
- The Screaming Frog Spider can be used to crawl your website and find technical SEO issues.
- Ubersuggest by Neil Patel is an affordable tool that's easy to use for keyword research and competitive opportunities.
- PageSpeed Insights analyses page speed and other web vitals to help you manage website performance issues.
8 Tips to Improve Your SEO for Google
Image Source: SEMRush
SEMRush is a well-known name in content marketing. There are 50+ tools available that can be used to help with SEO, content marketing and market research.
These tools are very relevant to SEO and you should definitely check them out:
- Keyword Magic Tool – This tool gives you thousands upon thousands of keyword ideas that are based on a seed word
- Organic Research – Helps you rank for keywords from competitors
- Keyword Manager – Allows you to track and list up to 1000 keywords
- Organic Traffic Insights is a Google Analytics integration that provides insights into organic search performance
- The On-page SEO Checker gives you suggestions to improve the ranking of a particular page on your website
- Site audit – crawls the page to identify and fix SEO issues
SEMRush offers free trial and a variety of pricing plans.
Image Source: Ahrefs
Ahrefs, like SEMRush offers many tools that cover multiple areas. Their Keyword Research Tool is one of the most well-known. It searches a database that contains 7 billion keywords from 10 search engines in order to generate ideas for your SEO strategy.
You can also use these tools:
- The Projects Dashboard is a single-pane overview of your SEO performance.
- Site Explorer – This tool allows you to see the backlink profile and organic traffic performance of any website.
- Site Audit – Checks your website for any SEO issues
- Content Explorer – This tool allows you to research and analyze the best-performing content within your niche.
- Rank Tracker: track your page rankings and/or compare them to other competitors
Ahrefs Site Explorer or Site Audit is available to website owners for a limited time. You will need to select from one of their pricing plans that start at $99 per month.
Image Source: Moz
Moz is a leader in SEO and content marketing. Moz's tools are some of the best on the market. Moz has a greater range of tools and pricing options that most other products on this list. Moz Local starts from $14 and Moz Pro is $99 respectively, while their most comprehensive product STAT Search Analytics costs $720 per month.
Moz also offers free tools that you can use to increase your SEO for Google. These tools are:
- Link Explorer – Find backlink data with a huge index of 40 trillion links
- Keyword Explorer – Generates keyword ideas from a seed keyword
- Competitive Research – Helps you identify keyword gaps, opportunities and top SERP competitors
- Domain Analysis – Analyzes your domain to determine important SEO metrics such as authority
- MozBar Chrome extension that displays SEO metrics on websites as you browse
Google Search Console
Image Source: Google
Google's own tools are the best when you want to improve your SEO for Google. Google Search Console is our first choice. It is a free tool that provides insight into site traffic and performance, can help fix problems, and is an excellent tool for aligning your strategy to Google's expectations.
Google Search Console can tell you some things, such as:
- Search traffic data: How often your site appears in Google SERPs, top searches for your site, clickthrough rates, and more
- Links – Which sites link to your site?
- Google Alerts – These alerts will let you know if Google detects spam, indexing or any other issue with your site
- Core Web Vitals – site performance metrics such as page speed and mobile-friendliness
After signing up, you will need to prove ownership of your website in order to use Google Search Console. Once you have verified ownership, you will be able to access all their insights and tools.
Image Source: Google
Google Analytics is another tool that Google provides for free, but it has a different focus to Search Console. Instead of focusing on how your site ranks in search results, it analyses how visitors interact with your site each time they visit it. You'll find insight on the Google Analytics platform such as:
- Audience Overview – This shows you the sources of your website traffic, who visits your site, what pages they visit, how long they stay on your site and what devices they use.
- Demographics and Interests: Learn about demographic information of users (age, gender etc.). Interests and Demographics – Learn about user demographic information (age, gender, etc.) based on online activity
- Site Content – Performance metrics for every page of your site, and even specific pages
You can even create custom reports with the tool to drill down to the information you need to optimize your SEO for Google.
Image Source: Niel Patel
Neil Patel is a well-known name in the industry due to his extensive library of content that assists marketers with SEO. Ubersuggest is a great tool for beginners. It offers a variety of features that can help you find opportunities and insights.
It has many keyword features, including the ability to search for new keywords, analyze keyword traffic rankings, find competitors by keyword, and follow search volume trends.
Ubersuggest also offers backlink tools for finding backlink opportunities, a site audit feature to fix SEO issues, and a Chrome extension that displays website insights while you browse.
Ubersuggest offers a free 7-day trial and three affordable pricing options starting at $29/month.
Image Source: Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog is the best choice for technical SEO. The SEO Spider is their most popular tool. It crawls your site to find performance data and ways you can improve SEO for Google. The tool will crawl your website and:
- Export broken links and find the source URLs
- To streamline your site, identify exact duplicates and partial duplicates
- Optimize meta data such as page titles and meta description for optimization
- For a bird's-eye view of your site, generate XML sitemaps
- For the most in-depth insights, integrate with Google Analytics and Search Console
The best part? The best part?
Image Source PageSpeed Insights
Although we spend most of our time focusing on content, page speed is also an important factor in SEO for Google. This also affects the user experience of your website. Most users will not wait for pages to load more than two seconds before moving on to another site.
PageSpeed Insights, a free website tool that helps you to monitor and fix issues on your site, is completely free. Simply enter your URL to get a PageSpeed report on your site's performance. It will then give you suggestions on how to improve.
Use great content to boost your SEO for Google
Marketing Insider Group's team of SEO specialists and writers use many of these tools to provide you with optimized content and strategies that are centered on your target customers.
Marketing Insider Group's first post, Boost your SEO for Google With These 8 Amazing Tools, appeared first on Marketing Insider Group.
By: Michael Brenner
Title: Boost Your SEO for Google with These 8 Awesome Tools
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/content-marketing/seo-for-google/
Published Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 10:00:36 +0000