Semrush publishes their annual state of content marketing report every year. You can download a copy of the report (and you should!). It is a strong state in content marketing, which I am pleased to report.
One example: 69% plan to increase content marketing budgets in the coming year. This report gives a quick snapshot of the most important content marketing trends as well as tips for how to create a content strategy that works. It was an honor to be included in one of the top trends in content marketing. I look forward to sharing it with you.
First, let's look at some highlights.
- 66% of companies who succeed in content marketing describe their content marketing strategy
- 55% of content marketing companies are seeing growth through publishing more
- 38% of businesses struggle to find content resources while 48% have outsourced content marketing
- 76% believe that the recession hasn't had much effect in their content marketing efforts
The report states that is the key to an effective content marketing strategy.
- Researching the audience (according 47% of respondents).
- Dedicated to SEO (46 percent of respondents), and
- Creating consistent content (45% respondents) based upon an annual marketing strategy.
- Refreshing or updating old content (42%). This is another favorite tactic!
My Content Marketing Trend
Content marketing must deliver tangible results. This is what I believe since childhood. This starts with search visibility and rankings. To show results to all clients, we use the Semrush Viability Tracker.
Here are some examples:
Healthcare Technology Company
Marketing Technology Company
Through a weekly blog article and an annual content plan, we help clients achieve these results.
We love the idea of updating old content. Here is an example of one our oldest clients, and the results they get from combining new and updated weekly material.
We look for pages with declining search traffic or that have been ranked previously. We give them a content refresh, an updated publish date, as well as a social boost.
This is how we have grown from zero to nearly 1,000,000 page views per month and ranking for almost 100,000 keywords.
Our weekly content publication schedule includes both new and updated content. Each week we publish two original articles that are keyword-focused. Then, we publish 2 fresh articles from our over 1,500 articles library.
However, content marketing ROI must be shown in the form leads, pipeline, and booked revenue. We have hundreds of success stories to show you that 7x ROI is possible (700k in revenue for $100k). Double or triple the number of leads. Blog content leads have 60% higher close rates.
My 2023 Content Marketing Prediction
Here is my 2023 content marketing trend prediction with Semrush's permission.
2023 will be the year that content marketing basics are rediscovered. Paid ads, social media, and leads from B2B websites account for less that 10%. Even for e-commerce, the number is below 20%.What is the best source of marketing ROI to brands in any industry, including technology and manufacturing? Referral traffic and organic search results from content marketingBrands will reduce ineffective advertising spend during times of economic uncertainty. They will also stop messing around with TikToks, and instead focus on smarter marketing budgets. Content marketing basics such as SEO-driven content planning, creative storytelling and consistency will be hot topics again. To determine the most important outcomes for our clients, we will work with brand (in B2B) and sales (on B2B). Then, we will map a content marketing strategy that aligns with business ROI.
This and other information can be found in the Semrush State of Content Marketing Report. Click here.
This trend is supported by the report's number one goal for content marketing: increase traffic (46%).
Content Marketing Trends for 2023
Each year, I write about 10-12 trends in content marketing that every business should follow. These are the three main ones that I want to emphasize:
1. Content Marketing is Back in Style
In the past, B2B SaaS marketing managers and startup founders would first think about buying social media ads to help grow their businesses. They would say, "We must be on Tiktok." They might say, "We need to hire a social marketing intern." Sometimes they'd ask "What is content marketing?"
After realizing that social media is not a good platform for selling anything, we're seeing them return to content marketing. Google even stated that content is the best way for buyers to search for. Industry research shows that content marketing spending is expected to increase by twice as much in 2022.
2. AI-Generated Content
Although we believe there are many efficient ways to automate content promotion, AI-generated content is still far away. For clients, we do have access to some AI-driven content marketing strategies as well as AI-driven promotion. We believe that AI will force us to rethink what we create in the future.
We've tested several AI-generated content services, and were disappointed with their ability to produce quality blog content and long-form articles. Don't take the shortcut of using AI to generate content. However, you can use it to help inform your strategy.
We will now have to confront what I call "The Paradox of AI": The more robots tell us what we should do, the more we need people (employees or customers) to create that content and share it. This brings me to my last big prediction for content marketing in 2018.
3. Employee activation
Brands will continue to turn to employees, customers, experts and executives to produce more content that aids buyers because they need more authentic, human and thought-leadership content.
My friends help me get by. You can check out my top post from a few decades back about content marketing predictions by 20 industry experts.
- Content marketing technology scaling
- Video marketing trends
- Podcasting is the next big thing
- Backlash and resistance to content marketing
- Acceptance of content marketing
- How content marketing scales
- Moving from content to experiences
- Content marketing that aligns better with sales
- cross-enterprise content marketing coordination
- Brand storytelling
- Content distribution and amplification
- Buyer alignment and customer journeys
- Content merging with data and media
- Content is more effective than ads
Although these predictions for content marketing are only a few years old, it is still very interesting to see how they have performed over the years.
Do you want to convert new customers and engage them using the most important trend in digital marketing: consistent, quality content? Get our weekly blog content service. Get started now to generate more leads and traffic for your business.
Marketing Insider Group's Prediction for Content Marketing in 2023 originally appeared on Marketing Insider Group.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is eCommerce marketing?
Ecommerce marketing is nothing but online shopping. It is the act or selling products over the internet. This includes purchasing goods from companies, and then selling them via the internet. If you are an individual selling, this could include selling on eBay. You may also have a business set-up where you sell goods for profit. You want to make money online selling your products.
These are more details about eCommerce marketing
Creating a successful eCommerce site involves finding out what type of products you want to sell. Then, you should decide whether you want to offer only one item (like a book) or multiple kinds (such as books and DVDs).
Once you know the product you offer, you will need to find a supplier. A supplier is a company that makes and sells the product you want to sell. You would, for instance, need to find a supplier that makes and sells greeting card products if you were to begin selling them.
After finding a supplier, create a website to showcase the products and allow buyers buy them. Some suppliers offer templates that you can use, while others require you create your template. Once you have a website up and running, you'll need to market it to attract visitors. This could include publishing articles on blogs or forums, advertising on Google Adwords websites and sending emails relevant to contacts.
When it comes to marketing your eCommerce company, there are many channels. These include search engines, email, social networks, mobile apps, and search engines.
- Email marketing is a popular choice for many businesses. It's cost-effective, easy to implement, and delivers results. It takes time and effort to generate high quality leads.
- Search engine optimization (SEO), a technique to increase a website's rank for specific keywords, is what we call search engine optimization. Link building is the most common way to make pages rank higher on search engines.
- Social networking sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn are becoming increasingly crucial for promoting businesses. These social networking sites are used daily by millions of people to communicate with their families and friends. Posting interesting content on these sites will help you get exposure to thousands more people.
- Mobile apps are also a valuable tool for eCommerce marketers. Shoppers love to use their tablets and smartphones to shop. An app allows customers to be reached wherever they may be.
eCommerce is now a major business. There are many methods to promote your business. Make sure you choose wisely to reap the rewards of eCommerce marketing.
How to Make an Ecommerce Marketing Plan
The first step is to define what you want. This should include products and services related to your business but also have enough variety to keep customers interested.
Next, determine how much you can spend on advertising, promotions and other marketing methods. You may need to use multiple methods, such as direct mail, email blasts, social media sites, search engine optimization, and more.
Once you determine how much money your business needs, you can develop a budget for each marketing method. Asking an expert in emarketing can help you determine which marketing method will work best for your business. They can help decide the best marketing strategy for your business.
Once you have created a plan, it's time to start implementing it. This can be made easier by hiring someone to do the job for you.
There is no need to start from scratch and reinvent the wheel. You can use proven strategies that have worked for other online retailers. Before making any changes, make sure to test it all.
Never forget that your ultimate goal must be to increase sales or profits. Your eCommerce marketing strategy must take into account both short-term goals and long-term plans.
Read our article about eCommerce Marketing Tips if you are looking to increase your sales. We hope these tips will help you achieve success.
What are some examples for indirect marketing?
You can think of indirect marketing methods that you could use to promote your company. One way is to encourage people on social media to share pictures of yourself using your product. This could help spread word about your brand.
Advertisements in local newspapers could be used to encourage readers to visit your auto repair shop rather than other shops.
You can also send coupons to customers' email inboxes, or post ads on bulletin boards located in public areas.
Direct marketing is a great option because it's not expensive.
But trusting people takes time. You'll need patience as you promote your business.
Keep track of the effectiveness of your campaigns. You can also measure the number of leads each method generates.
This will help you to determine which method is best for your company.
Is there any risk associated with digital marketing
Yes, digital advertising is fraught with dangers.
First, be careful what you post on social media.
You must ensure that your content does not infringe any intellectual property rights of others.
In addition, you run the risk of losing control over your brand image online if it isn't closely monitored.
You could also be vulnerable to identity theft if your personal details are used without your consent.
How to Protect Your Online Image
- Take care of what you say on social media
- Make Sure All Content Is Original and Doesn't Infringe Any Other Person's Intellectual Property Rights
- Monitor Your Brand Image
- Strong passwords are important
- It is best to not divulge personal information without consent
- Report Unauthorized Activities Immediately
- Don't Post Photos Of Yourself Or Others In A Disturbing Way
- Never divulge your social security number
- Stay up-to-date with the most recent news
- Stay Away From Scams
- Choose a Secure Password
- Always check for updates
- Don't share too much information
- Pay attention when you give out credit card numbers
- Send money via EMail.
- Beware of fake websites
- Remember that bad reviews can cause problems for your business
- Regularly check your credit reports
- Keep an eye on your privacy settings
- Ask someone who is familiar with you before sharing your thoughts.
What are 7 steps in an internet marketing strategy plan?
Internet marketing strategies allow businesses to achieve their business goals by using online media. The seven main steps include planning and research, implementation, monitoring as well as analysis, optimization and evaluation. Each step should be repeated regularly to ensure effective internet marketing.
- Planning – This involves identifying your target audience, and creating a plan to reach them. Also, think about who might be interested in your product or service.
- It helps you to understand your customer's interests and needs so you can decide which products or services will best suit their needs. It can also give you valuable insights about consumer behavior and popular trends.
- You will need to choose a platform (e.g. Facebook) and decide where you want your ads placed. Once you have chosen your platforms, it's important to ensure that they are correctly configured. You can also decide whether you want to spend money or pay per click.
- Monitoring – This allows you to monitor your efforts and determine if they are succeeding. Google Analytics provides analytics tools that allow you to track traffic flows and conversion rates.
- This allows you to compare results to benchmarks or previous performance levels. This step shows you how to improve areas where you are struggling.
- Optimization – Making changes to your website in order to attract more visitors is called optimization. You could, for example, add new features to your site or modify how visitors navigate it.
- Evaluation – You can evaluate the progress of your campaign to determine how it's performing. Are there areas that could be improved? If so, you might not have achieved your goal. If you have any questions, it is important to revisit the situation.
- 81% of brands employ affiliate marketing, and eCommerce sites are particularly good candidates. (blog.hubspot.com)
- Today, 81% of brands around the world have affiliate programs. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- This allows us to deliver CPCs that are 80% less than average and CTRs 4-5 times higher than average. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- Many experts recommend you share 20% of your promotional content and 80% of other valuable content you find. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- A poll earlier this year found that 14% of older Gen Z's had bought an item in the previous six months based on an influencer's recommendation. (influencermarketinghub.com)
How do I determine if my branding efforts are effective?
Asking your customers directly is the best way to gauge your success. Ask them what they think about your brand. What do they enjoy most about your business? What do they hate? What can you do to improve?
You can also use social media to conduct surveys like on Facebook or Twitter. Ask your followers to rate your brand. Then, you can analyze the results and decide which aspects of brand success are most important.
Customer reviews are also available. When they are satisfied or dissatisfied with a company, people love to express their opinions. These comments will help you understand the opinions of people about your brand.
These are some ways to improve your brand.
- Be consistent. Don't change your marketing materials every time you release a new product. Keep the message consistent across all channels.
- You can use multiple channels. You should use email, websites, social media, and other forms of digital communication to promote your brand.
- Make sure that you are giving your customers what it is they want. You must deliver on your promises of free shipping if it is offered. You could lose customers who expect easy delivery.
- Remember, your brand is much more than a logo. Your brand represents everything you have to offer. Take the time to build a complete image.
- Get feedback from your customers. The sooner you get feedback from your customers, the better.
- Test different messages. It is possible that one message performs better than another. You might have two messages that are very similar, but one receives more responses. You can monitor your stats to determine which message is performing the best.
- You can improve your brand by looking for ways. Do you think there are areas that could use improvement? You could upload more videos to your site. Perhaps you could add more customer testimonials to your blog posts.
- Plan. Once you've decided on your goals and objectives, you'll need to develop a strategy for achieving those goals. This includes creating a timeline for reaching each objective. You should also set milestones so that you can keep track of your progress.
- Your results should be measured. You can stop measuring when you reach your goal. Instead, set up a system to monitor your performance over time. It will be easy to track your progress towards your goal.
- Repeat! Continue to build upon the foundation you've created for your brand. Consider hiring someone to help you if your marketing efforts aren't keeping up.
- Remain positive. While you should never ignore negative feedback, you shouldn't dwell on it either. Instead, think about how you can use the information to improve your brand.
- Utilize technology. Technology has given us many options that we didn't know existed. You can use these tools to your advantage. One example is a mobile app you could make for your company.
- Try thinking outside the box. Try something different. Do it with thought.
- Have fun with it. Marketing shouldn't be stressful. Marketing can be described as “fun marketing.” Enjoy your work.
- Know when to quit. When you feel like your efforts have been in vain, it's OK to give up. Don't quit too soon. Sometimes, it is necessary to stay with something until you reach your desired results.
- Consistency is key to success. Consistency is the key to success. Spend some time creating a schedule for you brand.
- Be patient. Building a successful brand takes patience. It won't happen overnight.
- Keep learning. Marketing is constantly changing. So, make sure you stay informed by reading blogs or attending webinars.
- Never stop improving. You can still learn new things even after reaching your goal.
- Enjoy the journey. Marketing is fun. Marketing doesn't have to be boring.
By: Michael Brenner
Title: My Prediction for Content Marketing in 2023
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/content-marketing/my-prediction-for-the-state-of-content-marketing-2022/
Published Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 11:00:21 +0000