It's in the headlines: a recession is on the horizon.
Executives everywhere are preparing for the worst. Many businesspeople believe that it is smart to wait for uncertainty to pass and to stay calm.
Here's the truth: there's more uncertainty in the future. Uncertainty is always a part of our lives.
It is wrong to do nothing willingly or intentionally. This is a disregard for the business's purpose, which is growth. Crazy fact: In 2000, more than half of Fortune 500 companies did not exist. This is a clear indicator that the world is constantly changing and that any company that remains static will soon be left behind.
Image Source: BeLegendary.org
This should alarm marketers. This is why we chose a career where our purpose d'etre lies in getting people to trust and notice our company.
This means that these uncertain times are not the right time to sit back and do nothing. It is time to be bold and courageous. We must be bold and forward-thinking with messages that resonate, tactics that differentiate us from the rest of the pack, and the willingness to accept that we cannot be everything to everyone. It is time to be known for something.
Let's embrace courageous marketing
Marketing with courage takes courage and willingness to take risks. Every brand that you admire has likely taken risks in its marketing. Marketing is a business discipline that can achieve great slams. We shouldn't be afraid of swinging for the fences.
Why You Exist is an example of courageful marketing. It stands up for what it believes, even though competitors and customers might disagree.
Courageous marketing is not about following the lead of others. It is not influenced by industry best practices. It's messaging that is bold, powerful, and unique. It is bold but not reckless. It's not angry, but it is determined. It is necessary to acknowledge that you are not going make everyone happy.
Courageous marketing means sharing a different message and being courageous in your marketing.
Marketing with courage:
It is one thing to say "let's do it!" but that doesn't automatically make it happen. To make being courageous in our work more concrete, it helps to create a framework around it.
There are four pillars to courageous marketing: Knowledge and confidence, action, and evolution.
It is important to understand your company and the market. This takes education and experience.
It is crucial to build confidence. When you embrace bold marketing, there will be many arrows coming your way. You must have faith in your position even when things get tough. It is important to gather as much information ahead of time and to vet your initiative with people who can either support you or challenge you. It is important to be able to say "I hear you but I'm right about that."
Now, it's time for you to launch and build your initiative. This new marketing approach will require some effort. You might have to create new processes, hire new people, find new skills, and spend lots of time creating and brainstorming. Also, you need to consider how it gets out there… and launch it.
Fourth pillar: Evolution. We all know that it is impossible to get everything right the first time. To keep our brave efforts fresh, we must adapt and continue to innovate. We must be careful not to overreact and overcorrect. It can be difficult to strike the right balance, but once you have gained confidence you will be able to keep going.
Is there a recession on the horizon? Maybe. Is there any other turmoil in the world? Definitely.
Do we need to hide until trouble passes? Only if your business and livelihood are at stake.
See more at scribewise.com/courage.
Marketing Insider Group's Courageous Marketing: An Antidote for Uncertain Times originally appeared on Marketing Insider Group.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you build an Ecommerce Marketing Plan
The first step is to identify what you want to sell. It should be related to your business. However, it should also include enough variety to keep customers interested.
The second step is determining how much money you need to spend on advertising, promotions, and other marketing techniques. Multimedia marketing techniques may be needed, such as direct mail blasts, email blasts or social media.
Once you know how much money you need, you can start developing a budget for each method. Asking a specialist in e marketing might help you decide which marketing method is right for your business. They can help you choose the right method for your company.
Once you have created a plan, it's time to start implementing it. You can also hire someone to help you with the work.
It doesn't mean you have to start over. Rely on proven strategies that have been successful for other online stores. Make sure you test everything before you make any major changes.
You should never forget that your ultimate goal is to increase sales and profits. Your eCommerce marketing strategy needs to consider both short-term and long-term goals.
Our article on eCommerce marketing tips will help you increase your sales. We hope these tips help you to achieve success.
What are the 5 Marketing Concepts?
These are the five main marketing concepts
- Branding is a way to project a positive image of yourself. It's what people see when they hear your brand name. You must create a consistent brand identity across all media.
- Positioning – Your positioning is how you position yourself within your market. How can you best describe who you really are?
- Message- This is your message's main content. What is your point? What's the point?
- Marketing mix – This combines channels, pricing, and promotions to deliver your message to your target audience.
- How do you measure success?
What are the best digital marketing strategies that I can do from home?
Digital marketing is a cost-effective way to reach customers that spend most of their time online. It's also an excellent opportunity to generate leads for your business.
To promote your brand, you can use social media platforms such Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Email marketing tools can be used to send emails to prospects and clients.
You have many options for marketing your product or service via digital media.
As long as you know how to effectively use these channels, getting started should be no problem.
What's the difference between marketing or advertising?
Advertising is a communication method that promotes products or brands. Advertising has a clear call of action. For example, “Buy now!” or “Click here.”
On the other hand, marketing is a way of communicating your company's mission, vision, and values to potential customers. Marketing also helps build relationships with current customers and prospects.
You might use marketing to tell the world about yourself and your products if you sell footwear online. You could talk about your history, philosophy, and commitment to quality. You could even share testimonials of satisfied customers. Or you might even create an event where you give away free pairs of shoes to encourage people to visit your website.
Marketing is all about telling stories. Advertising is about selling products.
What are some direct-marketing examples?
Direct Marketing Examples include postcards, brochures, flyers, e-mails, etc.
Direct marketing allows people to reach you at their homes or wherever they happen to be. Direct marketing is the best way for customers to choose your product or service over other brands.
You must know what kind of message would appeal most to your target market.
It is important to understand your customer's needs and give it to them.
Direct marketing can be used in many ways to promote your company. You could send potential customers catalogs or advertise in local newspaper.
Another option is to create a unique mailing list of your existing customers. You can easily add new subscribers to your list if you have a good contacts database.
Ask current customers if their would like to receive promotional materials. Sign up for special offers to receive discounts from some companies.
Social Media Marketing offers a great opportunity to promote your business online. It's a powerful tool to promote brand awareness as well as generate leads and sales. Here are five strategies for using social media to grow your business.
- A Facebook Fan Page allows you to interact with customers via Facebook. You can also upload images, videos, or other files.
- Twitter: Promote your business – Twitter is another great place for information sharing and connecting with people. Use hashtags to increase visibility.
- Upload Videos to YouTube – It is very popular to upload videos because people enjoy them. If they like what is shown, they may click to visit you website.
- Host Live Events- Hosting live events gives you the opportunity to meet potential clients face-to-face. They can ask about your products and services.
- React to Customer Reviews – Positive reviews build trust and encourage repeat purchases. You should respond quickly to negative comments.
- From 2020 to 2022, eMarketer predicts that digital marketing will grow by 36% and take up 54% of marketing budgets! (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- This allows us to deliver CPCs that are 80% less than average and CTRs 4-5 times higher than average. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- In 2017, 34% of marketers cited co-branding as the most effective way to increase the number of email subscribers. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- According to statistics, 60% of online shoppers worldwide actively search for coupons before purchasing from a virtual shop. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- 81% of brands employ affiliate marketing, and eCommerce sites are particularly good candidates. (blog.hubspot.com)
- SEO Learning Center- Moz
- [Case Study] How Moz Ranked #1 for High-Volume Keywords in Less Than 3 Months – Moz
Six Types Ecommerce Marketing
How can I market and sell my eCommerce store?
Ecommerce marketing is one the most difficult marketing tasks. You need to learn about your customers' buying patterns and how they interact with you products and services. This knowledge can help you create a strategy to achieve your goals.
There are six types or eCommerce marketing strategies.
- Product Strategy: The first step in product strategy is to decide what type of product you want. There are three main categories. Once you've decided which category you're going to work with, you'll need to decide whether to offer wholesale or retail prices. Wholesale pricing allows you to set the price for your products. While retail pricing charges customers directly for your products.
- Pricing Strategy – Next you will need to determine how much money you want from selling your products. You should consider profit margins, competition, shipping costs, taxes, etc. To increase your profit margins, there are two options: lower your cost of sales or increase your sales volume.
- Promotion Strategy – Now comes the fun! It is important to create a promotion strategy that will work best for your company. You can offer free shipping, special discounts or coupons. You can also brainstorm new promotional ideas if you don't already have them.
- Shipping Strategy – Once you have figured out how to market your products, it is time to consider how you will get them to customers. Will you ship via USPS/FedEx, UPS, DHL or another delivery method? Are you going to use a fulfillment center or will you do it all yourself?
- Merchandise Management System: Your merchandise management software includes software that allows you to manage inventory, track orders and fulfill orders. You have many options depending on your budget and preference.
- Customer Service Strategy. Finally, you will need to devise a customer services strategy that is both effective and profitable for your business. Are you going to provide phone support or email support? Can customers contact you through live chat, social media, or even snail mail?
By: John Miller
Title: Courageous Marketing: An Antidote to Uncertain Times
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/content-marketing/courageous-marketing-an-antidote-to-uncertain-times/
Published Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 09:30:23 +0000