Disclosure: We may earn a commission if you click on any of our links.
A WordPress calendar plugin is a great way for everyone to be on the same page. A simple calendar layout is a great way to manage your business' events, announcements monthly, and appointments.
Once you begin using these simple solutions, you'll be able to become more organized, productive and transparent with customers.
Here are some great WordPress calendar plugins that you can use today. I also discuss how much each one will cost. Let's get started.
#1 Timetable Responsive Schedule – The Best for Displaying Daily and Weekly Time Schedules
Timetable allows you to display a variety of event calendars, schedules and availability information in one plugin. Their name is an indication of what they excel at: ensuring your customers are well-informed about your schedule.
It allows you to create PDFs that you or your customers may print. Your customers will know when, where and how your next event is taking place.
Timetable isn't limited to the creation of time-blocked schedules or events. You can also book your events. You can also book and fill events according to your schedule.
After you have downloaded the plugin, add an event to your calendar. You can name it, change its event hours and frequency, set dates and publish. After you have published the plugin, you can copy and paste the shortcode generated automatically.
Timetable has the best features:
- You get lifetime updates for free so your plugin is always up-to-date and compatible with the most recent WordPress updates
- Fully responsive
- You can modify the CSS to fit your brand's look with the Custom CSS option
- Shortcode generator to display on any blog or site page
- You can filter events to find specific events easily
- Many customizable color options available for events, days and event text.
The Timetable Responsive Schedule is $29 for a permanent license. This includes future updates and six months support. Timetable is available here.
#2 — The Events Calendar — The Best for Multiple Calendar Views
If you need multiple calendar views and powerful scheduling features to keep your customers and community engaged, the Events Calendar will be a perfect fit.
After you have downloaded The Events Calendar plugin, add your event information. You can view your calendar from several views including daily, weekly, monthly and weekly.
Here's how it can be viewed:
- Month View: A classic calendar view that shows all events in one glance for the entire month
- List View: Let your customers or audience view your events chronologically. You can filter by month.
- Day View: Are there events that are happening simultaneously? Day views can be set up in your calendar so that you can see what events are occurring at the same time.
- Week View: Get a quick overview of the upcoming events in a week.
- Photo View: Create a grid showing chronological events primarily in images.
- Map View: A map view is useful if your events are location-dependent.
The Events Calendar plugin has many outstanding features, including a wide range of calendar views. Events Calendar has the following top features:
- You can easily manage virtual and in-person events
- With a built-in CSV Importer, export and import other events from the calendar
- Be mindful of time zones so that all customers can communicate with each other no matter where they may be.
- Many event categories and tagging options available
- A calendar of events designed to bring together groups and organizations helps you build community
- Multiple calendar views are available for ease of use and accessibility
- Ability to highlight particular events in order to attract more attention
- Easy set-and-forget recurring events once you define event parameters
- Use the Shortcode feature to embed any calendar, schedule or event on any page of your blog.
- Compatible with Google Maps & Google Calendar
The base calendar plugin is completely free for life. It includes the month, list, day, and date views. It also has categories and tags and is responsive. Pro versions include additional features such as support, calendar views and recurring events. The Pro version starts at $299 for 10 sites and $149 for 3 websites.
Get more engagement by using The Events Calendar.
#3 — Events Schedule — The Best for Versatile Calendar Styles
Events Schedule is a versatile WordPress calendar plugin. You can choose from 12 different styles of schedules, each with its own features.
You can make sure your audience has ample access to future events and have enough time to plan. Your audience can also find the event they are looking for with ease using advanced event filters.
Events Schedule is versatile and can be used in almost any industry due to its many calendar types. It can be used to schedule and manage fitness classes, pubicate museum timetables, bar events, and publish theatre schedules.
Check out the top features of the Events Calendar:
- Compatible with WooCommerce
- Included is a booking system
- Integrable with Google Maps
- You can easily schedule repeated events
- Countdown timer included
- Intuitive visual schedule builder
- Optimized for speed: SEO-friendly code and display options
- Optional shortcode generator for easy plug and play
- Call-to-action buttons can be customized
Before you buy Events Schedule, take some time to view their live demo. You'll see how each schedule looks, which industry it is best for, and how you can put it together on your WordPress website.
This plugin is a great value when you consider its price and the many calendar options it provides. A regular license costs $39, and includes six months' support and future updates.
#4 EventON — The Best for Colorful and Dynamic Event Calendars
EventON is a powerful plugin for creating dynamic, colorful calendar displays that you can customize to your own liking. Any calendar made with EventON plugin will be immediately eye-catching.
EventON allows you to create colorful calendar bubbles which, when clicked, will open up to show a calendar card with all the event details they need.
Once you have downloaded their plugin, event bubbles are not the only view you will have. You can also create tile calendar views using larger calendar “tiles”, which display your events with easily accessible details.
You don't have to worry about it, your calendar tiles are fully responsive once you've set them up. They'll look great on any screen.
A list view of calendar events can be displayed with thumbnails. You can also add event colors to each tile. EventON is not a simple plugin. EventON offers many useful features, especially for those who host many live events. Continue reading to discover some of the best features.
EventOn's best features include:
- Shortcodes are quickly generated and can be used to plug in with Gutenberg
- Great for hosting virtual live events
- Developer friendly for advanced feature changing capabilities
- Each event has its own calendar.
- To better inform your audience, add unlimited images to every event
- Increased engagement is possible with the “add to Google Calendar” options
- With just a few clicks, filter and sort events easily
- You can add repeat events to your custom list so that you can forget it
- You can easily change the time format to suit your needs
EventON is $25 for a monthly license. This includes future updates, six months of support, and future updates. For $7.50 more, you can get extended support for 12 months. EventOn's calendar features are available here.
#5 — Simple Calendar — Best for Use with Google Calendar
Simple Calendar plugin is the perfect marriage of WordPress and Google Calendar. It is no surprise that it has been downloaded more than one million times.
With their simple calendar, you can display all your events, bookings and availability. You might have guessed that the name “simple” comes from the fact that it is so simple. Because it strives to be exactly what it is.
Simple Calendar allows you to display monthly, weekly or list views of the most important updates that you can manage via Google Calendar. You can also display your calendar's widget view in your sidebar or footer.
Simple Calendar allows anyone to add your event to their Google Calendar by clicking the “Add to GCal” link. Simple Calendar is compatible with Google Calendar and I recommend it to you if you already use Google Calendar to manage your events.
You can always check out their instant demo if you are unsure.
Simple Calendars have the following features:
- Mobile responsive
- Events that you like in color code
- You can manage events in Google Calendar and have them displayed automatically on your WordPress site
- For event reminders, integrate with Events Calendar Newsletter
Pricing is simple and can be broken down as follows:
- Personal — $49 up to 1 Site
- For up to 5 sites, $79 Business
- Agency — $149 up to 25 Sites
All plans include one year of support. Start using Simple Calendar now.
What I Did To Look At To Find The Best WordPress Calendar plugins
There are many calendar plugins. There are many calendar plugins available. However, not all offer the same features. Some cater to specific user needs better.
These are some of the things that I looked at when searching for the best WordPress calendar plugins.
A solid WordPress calendar plugin is mobile-responsive. It will adjust to any size screen that it is viewed on. They are also very easy to use and simple to see.
You don't want to use a plugin for your calendar that isn't up-to-date, doesn't work well with other plugins, or looks dated. You'll be able to create a visually appealing calendar that is easy to use for everyone.
Book and Make an Appointment
Some calendars are very simple to make it easy for you to display important dates and events. Others are designed with appointments and bookings in mind.
This will allow you to not only display your availability, but also let your customers book appointments directly on your calendar. This plugin is great for service-based businesses.
A plugin should be easy to use and have advanced features. If you don't use any of the features, it's not worth spending the money on a powerful plugin.
However, you don’t want to use any plugin that restricts your abilities when it comes booking appointments, displaying dates and automating holidays off or providing a legend.
A WordPress calendar plugin is a great tool to keep your business organized, productive, and happy.
To help you make the right choice, here's a summary of the plugins that I reviewed in this guide:
- Timetable Responsive Schedule — This is the best way to display daily and weekly time plans
- The Events Calendar — Best for multiple calendar views
- Events Schedule — The best flexible calendar styles
- EventOn — The best place to find vibrant and dynamic event calendars
- Simple Calendar — Best for Google Calendar
This guide will help you choose the right WordPress calendar plugin for your needs. Leave a comment below if you have any suggestions or feedback about your favorite calendar features.
By: Neil Patel
Title: Best WordPress Calendar Plugin
Sourced From: neilpatel.com/blog/best-wordpress-calendar-plugin/
Published Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 17:00:00 +0000