You might have noticed an increase of animated videos featuring anime-style avatars if you are following video marketing trends. This content is being created by VTubers and it's taking over content creation.
Top VTubers have millions upon millions of followers and make hundreds of thousands of dollars per month.
Experts believe the industry is growing. HyperSense shared the following: The total number of VTuber subscribers increased 28 percent in 2019, and the total Vtuber content views increased by 99 percent.
This may not seem like a serious trend at first. Marketers and brands such as Mattel and KFC use virtual YouTubers to generate serious engagement.
What are VTubers and why should I care? This is how to become a Vtuber and use this trend to grow your company.
What are VTubers?
VTubers, short for virtual YouTubers, are content creators that use stop motion graphics and animated avatars in their videos. They don't have to be physically likeable. They talk to the camera, sharing their thoughts and opinions on a variety of topics.
Kaguya Luna and Kizuna AI are some of the most popular virtual YouTubers.
This trend has seen a surge in popularity over recent years with top content creators making millions of dollars. Kiryu Coco from VTuber earns about $134,000 per monthly.
What do VTubers do?
VTubers share animated avatars with music videos, gaming tips and impressions, as well as live streams and product ads. Many people use manga-style avatars with bright hair colors and large eyes. The avatars look almost lifelike, despite being animated.
Here's an example from Kizuna AI, one of the original VTubers.
Although the creators may have different personalities and voices, many are animated, high-energy, fun-loving characters.
Like other YouTubers, VTubers create a variety of content. Many of them play video games, make clothing, discuss politics, review films, and even create their own music videos.
Many companies also work with brands to promote their products and services.
The History of VTubers
Japanese YouTuber Ami Yamato created an avatar in 3D to express her feelings about returning to London after living for several years in Tokyo. Although her avatar is less animated than many VTubers, it is still influenced by Japanese culture as well as graphic novels.
The first video was more of an entry in a journal, but later videos are more funny. Ami, for example, imagines herself as a blind date in Star Wars with the Mandalorian or interviewing Godzilla.
The Kizuna AI channel was launched in 2016 and has attracted more than 4,000,000 subscribers. KizunaAI is an AI-powered digital celebrity, unlike Ami Yamato. The original channel was managed by Activ8, who later created a whole company to manage the character, and several spin-offs.
Since then, many other virtual avatars, including YouTube stars like Pewdiepie, have created channels.
VTuber Tech Requirements
Vtuber videos may seem complicated to make, but they are becoming more accessible due to digital technology.
Here's a brief overview of what you will need to be a VTuber. Additional accessories such as a boom mic and holder for your phone are possible, but they are not required.
- Webcam In order to be able to use a webcam that is high quality, you will need a better than a laptop camera. You may be able use a standard webcam with built-in technology as the camera technology improves.
- Microphone Use a separate microphone for high-quality sound. Blue Yeti and Hyper Ex sell microphones with higher quality for less than $200.
- Smartphone: A smartphone with high-quality recording and quality cameras is essential if you intend to take videos or edit on the move. You can also rely on your home setup to skip this requirement.
- Avatar creator software: This software converts your videos into animations. There are many features available on different platforms, including motion capture, background settings and shortcuts to specific facial expressions. VDraw and VSeeFace are popular options.
You may not be able spend thousands or hundreds of dollars on top-of-the-line tech. However, you might be able use the camera or computer you already own.
Try out the free avatar creation software for your existing setup before spending a lot on new tech. It will give you a good idea of how the software works and you can always update later.
What can marketers do with VTubers
Marketers may use VTube creators in their influencer marketing campaigns. Despite the animated characters, creators can have thousands to even millions of followers. These large audiences can be used for music promotion, fashion line promotion, movie promotion, and even tourism development.
Popular VTuber Kizuna AI teamed up with Japan National Tourism Organization to promote a campaign called “Come to Japan” that aims to attract US tourists to Japan.
Here are some other ways you can use VTubers for marketing.
- Join a popular VTuber and review your product or program: This works well for games, apparel, or other products that are targeted at younger audiences.
- Have VTubers display your logo in their stream. This could be on their shirt, mug or background.
- Create your avatar with a well-known VTuber. A popular VTuber Subaru shared their joy at being reshared on Twitter by KFC. Although this video was not sponsored, it was a great boost for the brand.
How can businesses use VTubers?
Virtual YouTube creators can be used by businesses in many ways. They can make a brand avatar, or work with influencer marketers to partner with famous creators.
Although it sounds strange, it is actually quite effective.
KFC's avatar is one of the most viewed virtual YouTubers around the globe.
Businesses can also use VTubers for marketing purposes. Here are some ideas:
- Use an avatar to create funny or unusual help videos.
- Customer reviews for Animate
- To create behind-the scenes videos, use avatars with your employees.
- Make short clips for use in TV or social media ads.
- Record a webinar using your VTuber avatar.
- Make shopping videos to show your product in a virtual setting.
VTubers can be a great way to connect with younger customers for your business. But don't limit yourself to marketing content. VTuber technology makes any kind of content more entertaining.
How to Become a VTuber
Are you thinking of becoming a VTuber. It might surprise you to learn that content creation is easy with very little effort. This is a step by step guide to becoming a VTuber.
- Get your tech setup: You will need a high-quality camera, microphone and computer to record your videos and edit them. It doesn't take thousands of dollars to get the best equipment. Start with what you already have, and invest in the best video equipment as you get more experience.
- Select an avatar software: There is a wide range of software platforms, so it's worth trying them all before you settle on one. VRChat and Wakaru are some of the most popular platforms. PrprLive is another option. You can get many of these free, but you might need to pay extra for more advanced features.
- Make your avatar. Creating your avatar is one of the best parts about becoming a VTuber. You can either create your avatar using avatar software or you can use a template avatar to change the eyes, skin color, and eyelashes. When designing your avatar, consider the long-term goals of your VTube content. Do you want to reach teens, adults, and even professionals? Your avatar should appeal to your target audience. It doesn't necessarily have to look exactly like you.
- Create your channel: How will you share your VTube creations with the world? Although most VTube content can be found on YouTube, videos can also be shared on your website, Instagram or TikTok. You might consider uploading and hosting videos to YouTube and then sharing the links on other platforms. If you decide to go this route, make sure to optimize YouTube channels.
- Create your content calendar: After you've created your avatar and set up your channel, you can decide the type of content that you want to create. You don't have to post content every day. However, it is important that you post regularly. What topics will you discuss? What topics will you discuss? When creating your content calendar, consider your marketing goals.
- Make your first video: This is your chance to shine. Record your first video and convert it into your avatar using your avatar software. Then, send your video live. You shouldn't expect instant success. It can take several months to build a YouTube following.
VTuber Commonly Asked Questions
What is the cost to become a VTuber
It is almost free to become a VTuber if you already own a smartphone or computer. You only need a smartphone or computer and avatar creation software. You have a variety of options for free and premium software to get you started.
What is the Average Salary of VTubers?
The amount that VTubers make is not the same as regular YouTubers. Super Chats are the most lucrative channel, with creators earning more than $4.8million annually.
What are some of the most popular VTubers?
Kizuna AI and Yousa are some of the most popular VTubers.
Are VTubers all Anime-Style Characters
No. No. However, most avatar creation software works with anime-style animations. This means that you may need to purchase a mocap suit or more expensive software in order to create other styles.
Are Mocap Suits Required to be a VTuber
No. No. Many VTuber software platforms let you create an avatar and edit your movements.
How do VTubers make money?
VTubers can make a living by hosting Super Chats, promoting their products and partnering with brands.
VTubers are taking videomarketing to new heights. These animators have become celebrities and are attracting large numbers of followers.
They could be the future of video content production. We will find out in the future. However, marketers and marketing professionals may want to consider adding VTube content into their digital marketing strategies.
Do you think about partnering with VTubers What are you holding back?
By: Neil Patel
Title: Are VTubers the Future of Video Content Creation?
Sourced From: neilpatel.com/blog/vtubers/
Published Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 18:00:00 +0000