PDFs are a good option. PDFs are easy to download, print, design, and scan. They've been the default choice for many marketers over the years. But times are changing.
PDFs can be a bit flat when it comes to creating buzz, keeping attention and reaching new markets. There are many other content formats that you can play with and try out.
We have gathered 19 examples of out-of-the box content types that will inspire your imagination when you plan for future demand generation activities. Every marketing department should take a look at this list.
Here are 19 marketing examples that will get you thinking creatively and creating demand-gen content.
1. Multimedia Game
Multimedia games are a great way to interact with your audience and promote your content. Chipotle tried its hand at creating a multimedia game using an animation inspired by the short film "A Love Story." This fast-casual restaurant chain offers free food and encourages customers to play.
A buzzworthy campaign like this will result in excited and entertained viewers who enjoy both the content and the experience. This combination can produce amazing results.
A microsite, which is a site with a small branding and outside the main site of a company, adds extra promotion.
The creation of "elf yourself," a holiday app that allows users to edit faces and create dancing elves, is an impressive example of a microsite. It received a lot of attention and people had fun sharing the site with their families and coworkers. What you may not know is that the app is actually a microsite for Office Depot.
3. ROI Calculator
A ROI calculation can be a great way to show potential clients how you can help them achieve their goals. This tool can be used to visualize the benefits for you and your potential clients.
4. Virtual Tours Available for Purchase
Shoppable virtual tours are a simulation of a location that you can make online purchases.
Gucci, a designer brand, used this concept for "Gucci Live", a video-shopping experience where customers can make appointments and discover new products.
5. Interactive History Lesson
Interactive timelines allow your audience to get to know your brand and company better. The timeline's features will keep viewers interested while they learn more about you and your company.
Although it might not be as exciting as a PDF, video can allow you to express yourself in a way that is much more creative than you might imagine.
For some inspiration, check out this interactive Netflix video:
7. Product Picker
Interactive content can be beneficial for farmers as well. John Deere's product selector made it easy to choose a product.
There are many options for users to choose products: they can browse the entire catalog, filter by specifications or answer questions about their situation in "help me decide". A smooth purchase experience will lead to better sales.
Webinars are still a powerful tool for list building and engagement.
To meet customers at their location, some brands offer two types of webinars: real-time or on-demand.
9. Blog Post
Blog posts are still useful for demand-gen. Blog posts can still be used to generate demand. The trick is to make blog posts that are relevant and on subjects your audience cares about. You can also try interview series or tongue-in-cheek posts to replace the status-quo article.
10. Interactive Infographic
These interactive infographics can make even the most boring subjects come alive. These tools, if used correctly, can be used to capture and keep your audience interested in what you have to say.
This interactive infographic is an example of how to make an informative and eye-opening interactive infographic. It takes a topic that we would prefer to remain ignorant about, and makes it engaging for the audience.
ThredUps' "Fashion Footprint Calculator" is a program that calculates your fashion footprint.
Many marketers believe that podcasting will cause them to lose large swathes of their audience. This is only true if your podcast is not working.
A podcast is designed for commuters and gym-goers, but it doesn't mean that you shouldn't offer content that can be viewed or listened to by anyone. To capture other types of content consumers, you might add a transcript to your podcast or offer a video version.
12. Interactive Video
Explore the Universe in interactive video from Highrise. Take 10 minutes. This amazing experience is not something I can describe.
A high-quality interactive video can get people talking about your brand quickly if you have the budget.
Assessments can transform content into two-way conversations. Marketers learn about users' preferences, needs, and wants by allowing them to click through and make decisions.
This results in users feeling engaged, and marketers getting insights that can be used to make a bigger impact for customers.
This infographic explains the 9 types online assessments.
Quizzes are a great way to have fun with your friends and can often be shared a lot. These quizzes can boost SEO and increase lead generation.
Gallery need not be static pages of photos. It doesn't have to be a static page of pictures. To drive interest and increase demand, you can make it interactive.
16. Bracket Challenge
A bracket challenge can be a fun and competitive way to engage your audience. You can keep your content relevant and on-trend by following current events. To get fans excited about upcoming matches, the US Open created a bracket challenge.
Our Content Builder Service is a great way to create your own content. Contact me for a quick consultation and I will send you a PDF copy of my books. Get started today and generate more leads and traffic for your business.
Marketing Insider Group's post 16 Demand Generating Content formats that aren't PDF appeared first.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it important to define your brand?
A brand is simply a promise that your company makes to its customers. A brand promises certain qualities and benefits that make your company stand out among competitors. Your brand is the thing that makes you different from other companies within your industry.
A brand establishes your authority and credibility. Potential customers instantly recognize your company's logo when they see it. They trust you because you've earned their respect.
Your company's culture also influences your brand. Your employees will feel passionate about your brand if they are passionate about your product or services.
Your brand is not just words and images. It's a promise that your company lives up to. It is a promise to deliver value to customers.
When you set out to develop your brand, you need to consider several factors. First, choose a name that is clear and concise. Sweet Dreams Bakery is a good example of a bakery name. If you run a software business, however, you would probably choose DreamSpark Software.
Next, decide how you want your brand to be represented. Will you use a recognizable symbol? Do you choose colors that are consistent with your corporate style? Will you use logos
You should also consider how your target audience views your brand. Will you portray yourself as friendly and helpful? Are you trustworthy and professional? Do you appear knowledgeable and experienced?
These are the questions you must answer before you can build your brand.
What are 7 steps in an internet marketing strategy plan?
Internet marketing strategies help businesses achieve their goals through online media. The seven essential steps of internet marketing include planning, research implementation, monitoring, analysis and optimization. Each step is critical for effective internet marketing, and should always be done.
- Planning – This involves identifying your target audience, and creating a plan to reach them. It is important to consider who may buy your product or service, and what it costs.
- Research allows you to better understand your customers' needs and interests so you can make the right product or service choices. It provides valuable insight into consumer behavior, trends, and other information.
- Implementation includes choosing a platform (e.g., Facebook) and determining where to place your ads. Once you've chosen your platforms, ensure they're set up correctly. Decide whether to spend money on advertising or pay per-click.
- Monitoring – Monitoring ensures you know if your efforts are working. Google Analytics provides analytics tools that allow you to track traffic flows and conversion rates.
- This allows you compare results to benchmarks as well as previous performance levels. This step will help you to identify areas that are underperforming.
- Optimization – Optimizing the site is about making improvements to make it more attractive to visitors. You might add new features, or alter the way users navigate to your site.
- Evaluation – Evaluating your progress lets you see how well your campaign performs. Are there any opportunities for improvement? If not, then you may have reached your goal. If there are still problems that need to be addressed, you will need to reevaluate.
What eCommerce Marketing Strategy should you follow?
There are three types of eCommerce marketing.
- Direct marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Social Media Marketing
Direct marketing involves sending emails directly to potential buyers. These emails may contain coupons, special offers, and discounts. This marketing strategy aims to build customer loyalty.
Search engine optimization helps improve the ranking of your website when you search engines like Google or Yahoo. When your website appears at the top of search results when people type in keywords related to your product, you'll get more visitors.
Social media marketing includes websites like Twitter, Facebook Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Instagram. You can connect with your target audience. It's easy to set-up and use, and it's effective.
Each of these options has its pros, and cons. SEO takes time and effort, whereas direct marketing requires little effort. You won't get the full benefits of eCommerce marketing if you focus only on one method. Therefore, we recommend combining different types of marketing.
For instance, you could send emails promoting your products and rank highly in search engine results. Another option is to advertise on social networks and then link directly to your site via those pages.
As you can see, there are many ways to market your eCommerce store. Pick the best for you and make sure to implement them regularly. Good luck!
What are some examples of direct marketing?
Direct Marketing Examples include postcards, brochures, flyers, e-mails, etc.
Direct marketing allows you to reach people wherever they are. It's the best way to communicate with customers who have already chosen your product or service over another brand.
Know what type of message would be most appealing to your target markets.
The key is to find out what your customer wants and then give it to them.
There are many ways to use direct marketing to promote your business. You could send brochures to potential clients or advertise in local newspapers.
Another option is to create your own mailing list from existing customers. You can easily add subscribers to your existing customers list if there is a good database.
You can also ask current customers if you'd like to send them promotional materials. Sign up for special offers to receive discounts from some companies.
What is the difference between marketing and advertising?
Advertising is a form of communication that promotes products or brands. Advertising typically has a clear call-to-action, such as “Buy now!” You can also click here.
Marketing is, on the contrary, a way to communicate your company’s mission, vision and values to potential clients. Marketing can also help build relationships between current and potential customers.
If you sell shoes online, for example, marketing can be used to tell the story of who you are and what your offer. Your history, philosophy and commitment to quality could be discussed. You could even share testimonials of satisfied customers. You could even organize an event in which you give away shoes for free to encourage people to visit you website.
Marketing is, in short, about telling stories. Advertising is about selling products.
What is eCommerce Marketing?
Ecommerce marketing is online shopping. It is the act of selling products online. This includes purchasing goods from companies, and then selling them via the internet. If you are an individual seller, selling on eBay is possible. You might also own a business where you sell products for profit. The key point here is to make money by selling items online.
These are more details about eCommerce marketing
To create a successful eCommerce store, you need to know what kind of products are being sold. Next, choose whether you want to sell a single item (e.g. a book) or multiple items (e.g. books and DVDs).
Once you know what your product is, you need to find suppliers. A supplier can be a company that makes or sells the product you're looking for. If you wanted to start selling greeting card, you would first need to find suppliers that make and sell them.
After you've found a supplier, you'll need to create a website to display the products and allow buyers to purchase them. Some suppliers provide templates; others require that you design your template. Once you have your website online, you need to promote it to draw visitors. This can include posting articles to forums and blogs, advertising via websites such as Google Adwords, or sending emails directly to relevant contacts.
Promoting your eCommerce business can be done in many different ways. These include email, search engines, social networks, and mobile apps.
- Email marketing is a smart choice for most companies. It is cost-effective, simple to implement, and produces results. But, it takes a lot of time and effort to generate quality leads.
- Search engine optimization (SEO), a technique to increase a website's rank for specific keywords, is what we call search engine optimization. Link building is the most common way to make pages rank higher on search engines.
- Social networking sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn are becoming increasingly crucial for promoting businesses. These social networking sites are used daily by millions of people to communicate with their families and friends. If you post useful articles, you can reach thousands of people.
- E-commerce marketers can also use mobile apps to their advantage. Shoppers love to use their tablets and smartphones to shop. An app allows customers to be reached wherever they may be.
eCommerce is a rapidly growing industry. There are many methods to promote your business. Take your time to choose the right method for you to reap the benefits of eCommerce marketing.
- This allows us to deliver CPCs that are 80% less than average and CTRs 4-5 times higher than average. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- Many experts recommend you share 20% of your promotional content and 80% of other valuable content you find. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- From 2020 to 2022, eMarketer predicts that digital marketing will grow by 36% and take up 54% of marketing budgets! (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- Companies that use personalization are seeing revenue increases ranging from 6-10%. (blog.hubspot.com)
- 81% of brands employ affiliate marketing, and eCommerce sites are particularly good candidates. (blog.hubspot.com)
- SEO Learning Center – Moz
- [Case Stud] How Moz Ranked #1 in Search Engine Optimization for a High-Volume Keyword In Under 3 Months
20 Innovative Affiliate Marketing Techniques to Try in 2022
If you want to make money online, affiliate marketing may be one of the best ways to do so. This is one of the easiest ways you can get started. You must first sign up with an affiliate program like Commission Junction or ShareASale, then place links to your blog or website. You'll earn a commission fee when someone purchases through one of those links.
Here are 20 affiliate marketing strategies to try in 2022:
- Create a Content Calendar
- Google Adwords
- Start your podcast
- Join A Blogging Network
- Make an email list
- Reviewers Get Paid
- You can become an influencer
- Offer Free Trials
- Launch A Membership Site
- Amazon Sells Products
- Write Articles
- Start A YouTube Channel
- Host Events
- Develop A Mobile App
- Promote Your Business Online
- Run Facebook Ads
- Register for a Twitter Account
- Increase your Instagram Followers
- Be transparent with your customers
- Long-term, you can earn more money
By: Sophie Brenner
Title: 16 Demand Generating Content Formats That Aren’t a PDF
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/demand-generation/19-demand-generating-content-formats-not-pdf/
Published Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 15:00:00 +0000