Snapchat is one the most used social networks worldwide.
On average, it has 293 million active users per day.
This is a lot of people engaging in content sharing on a daily basis.
Engagement levels are high, despite the large user base. The app is used by 30 percent of Americans aged 13-34 years old on an average. In the United States, more than 75 percent of those aged 13-34 use it. Every day, Snaps are created in excess 5 billion.
Snapchat is a great platform for engagement and numbers, so why not see the results?
Below are some of my top Snapchat advertising tips and strategies.
Before we get started, let's first determine if Snapchat ads are worth your time.
Snapchat Advertising: Why should you advertise?
Snapchat is a great way to appeal to Gen Z and millennials.
Between these two generations, Snapchat has more than $1 trillion in direct spending. Snapchat is worth a second glance, as it has a third of its users who are more likely to purchase on their smartphones.
You can find tons of success stories from Snap Ads on Snapchat's Inspiration Page.
- After achieving a 77 per cent lower cost per acquisition, Depop has allocated 50 percent of its total social media spending to Snapchat.
- Snap Ads had a 34% higher ROI for Marriot Bonvoy and 35 percent more bookings than any other platform.
- GCCFriday saw a remarkable 150 percent increase in sales thanks to Snapchat ads.
Spinnaker Nordic tested Snapchat ads for three consecutive days, and saw amazing results. The company was able to achieve:
- +300,000.00 ad views
- +1,300 Swipe ups
- +24,000 site visitors
- 52 phone calls
What if you don’t have $700 for ads? It's no problem. Snapchat advertising costs as low as $5 Snapchat allows you to test, optimize, and learn from your ads with a very low daily spend.
Are you still not convinced?
Amazon and Snapchat have also partnered together. When a user finds a product that they like, they just need to point their cameras at it and press long on the screen.
Snapchat will then display a card with a link for the item on Amazon. This app is fast and easy to use, making it one of the most popular platforms for online shopping.
10 Snapchat Ad Strategies and Resources
Snapchat success is something we can all learn from our own experiences.
Snapchat is used by many brands to increase sales and conversions on-site as well as for mobile apps.
These are the top Snapchat advertising strategies and resources that will help you replicate their success and grow business.
1. You can add polls to your Snapchat ads
Why should you care so much about poll ads?
It can also increase your engagement and views.
In 9 of 10 Instagram campaigns, the number of three-second video views per campaign was increased by Story Ads' polling stickers.
Your audience's insights can help you improve your ads, stand out from the rest, and possibly increase your sales.
The downside? Snapchat does not have an integrated polling feature like Instagram.
You can also use an app called Polly to mimic Instagram's success with polling on Snapchat. Polly allows you to create polls, share them to Snapchat and allow your audience anonymously to answer.
How to use polls in your Snapchat Ads Strategy
- Announcements from brands:Ask your audience to vote for your latest flavors, colors, and product varieties. You can use social media trends like Selena Gomez versus. You can use Miley Cyrus' battle to pit your products against each other.
- Trivia questions:Quiz night at the pub is a great way to bond with friends. Your Snapchat ads can be fun and interactive by adding a game show element. To find the answer, you can redirect them to your website.
- Audience insightsWant to find out what your audience likes? Ask them! This is a great way for you to find out what content resonates with people and what they want to see next.
Polling Ad Resources
- Five examples of effective Instagram polling ads
- How to Make a Snapchat Poll
- How to use the Polly Polls App for Snapchat (Polly.Fun Tutorial).
- How interactive polls can increase engagement in your social ads
2. 2.Link your Snapchat ads to the correct landing page
Once you have captured the attention of your audience, you must direct them to your landing page. Users shouldn't just watch your ad, then move on. You want to create an action that gets users into your sales funnel, and converts them.
What is a landingpage?
It is a standalone webpage that can be used for an advertising campaign or marketing campaign.
The goal of a page is usually:
- Sign up for the email list
- white paper downloads
If you are an app developer, for example, you could redirect users to your Google Play and App Store download pages. Your landing page could link to sign-up for the newsletter and receive a 15% discount code if you are an e-commerce company.
Snap Ads offers three types of advertising links:
- Web view attachmentsThis is a great way to increase online sales. Your landing page will load instantly when users swipe up.
- App install attachments:As your CTA, use the “Install Now”, or “Download” buttons to redirect users to your app installation page.
- Attachments with deep links:This feature allows you to reengage existing users of your app. You can direct existing users to your app if they swipe up on your ad.
The landing page goals you have and the products you sell on the app will determine which one you choose.
These resources will help you create a landing page that converts well.
Landing Page Resources
- 12 Top Landing Page Examples
- Anatomy of a Landing Page
- Landing Pages: What are they? Examples, tips & best practices
- 7 Best Landing Page Builders for Increasing Conversions (2021).
3. 3. Write catchy copy
You need these things to make your Snapchat ads successful:
- Great visuals (no blurry or pixelated videos or images)
- A short, concise message (e.g., what's the purpose of this ad).
- Call-to-Action (CTA), a compelling call to action
Snapchat advises that you write copy that is easy to understand, localized for your audience and contains an offer message within two seconds.
Subway used this approach for its announcement of the new cheesy garlicbread. This ad runs just five seconds and only two sentences are used to convey its message.
Ad Copy Resources
- 12 Ad Copy Strategies to Double Your CTR & Increase Your ROI
- 9 PPC Ad Copywriting Tips to Learn from the Pros
- Call-to-Action: 8 Techniques to Create One in 2021 + Exemples
4. Snapchat Split Testing to Create High-Performing Ad Content
To improve your conversion rates, you need to do some A/B or spitting testing. It allows you to identify what works and what doesn't. It saves you money.
No more wasting your entire advertising budget on campaigns that don't deliver. Split testing allows you to combine the most effective elements of your campaign to increase ROI and lower the chance of failure. This creates a winning advertising strategy.
What does spit-testing look like with Snapchat ads?
You can test variables within your advertiser dashboard such as:
Let's take, for example, the case where you want to test a group of people. Perhaps you aren't sure whether you should target 18- to 25-year-olds or 30- to 35-year olds in your next campaign. Split-testing allows you to keep your creative, placement, delivery, and message the same, but each set of ads will target different audiences.
The test that has the lowest goal cost is the winner. You can have the following goals:
- app installs
- Story opens
Once you are done, create the campaign with your winning variable and begin getting better results with your ad spending.
Split Testing Resources
- A/B Testing: Definition, how it works, examples, and tools
- Snapchat Guide to Split Testing
According to a Deloitte study, 94% of AR users expect to use AR for shopping. Snapchat's AR Lenses are one of the most valuable features.
What exactly is AR for shopping?
This filter allows users to interact with brands or products. For example, MAC offers four Snapchat lenses that allow users to test out 20 different eye and lip products.
It is fully immersive. The feature brings in-person shopping into your home, enhancing the e-commerce experience.
It's not just for companies that sell products.
A filter could be created with famous makeup looks from Ru Paul's Drag Race, and used to promote the new season.
You can create filters for games that feature one of your characters, or a filter that is branded to be used at specific times throughout the year.
Burger King, for example, could sponsor International Burger Day or Fourth of July.
Here's an example showing how Starling Bank used AR lenses in a campaign that increased brand awareness.
The result? The result? A 61% lower cost per installation than other platforms.
There are three categories of AR that you can shop:
- Website:It comes with a “Buy Now” button. This button can be linked to a product page, and is best for ecommerce brands.
- Video:This button has a “Watch” button, which is great for promoting content such as movie trailers.
- Install:Clicking the “Install Now” button will take users to Google Play or App store to download an application.
What are the advantages of creating an AR lens-based Snapchat ad strategy?
- Awareness of brands:Lenses created by their Creator Community have received over 2 trillion views and 2,000,000 lenses have been created using their Lens Studio.
- Sales increase and returns decrease:AR users are 30% less likely to return products and twice as likely to buy.
Snapchat Shoppable AR Resources
- Snapchat Lens Web Builder
- Nielsen Catalina Solutions Snapchat Lens Campaign Case Study
6. Audience Insights
Marketers will find the Audience Insights feature on Snapchat to be a powerful tool. It gives you a wealth information about your audience that can be used to help you improve your conversion rates.
The dashboard allows you to compare and create new segments of your audience. This data includes demographics, Snap Lifestyle Categories, and third-party partners. It helps you learn more about your audience and uncover new audiences for your brand.
You might find that 70% of your audience is interested in rock climbing by using the Audience Intelsights dashboard. This interest can be used to optimize your ads and create more relevant ads to appeal to your audience.
It's pretty neat, right?
Snapchat's data-rich ecosystem isn't over.
Purchase intent is one of the most useful features in the dashboard. It is possible to see in a glance how likely your audience is to purchase your product or service.
You can also use this information to compare purchase intent among different audiences.
Analyzing your Audience Resources
- How to find your target audience
- Snapchat Insights: A Beginner's Guide
- Snapchat Insights: How to use the Analytics Tool (and What to Track)
7. 7. Use user-generated content
You're missing out on opportunities to convert your Snapchat audience into paying customers if you don't incorporate UGC in your Snapchat ads strategy.
It's a highly effective marketing strategy, according to a lot of data.
- Stackla's study found that UGC has a significant impact on purchasing decisions for 79 percent of respondents. UGC is 9.8 times more influential than influencer content.
- A third of UGC users agree that it is more memorable than traditional ads.
- YouTube found that Gen Z and Millennials were more likely to view UGC than older generations when it analysed their viewing habits.
Snapchat claims that your ads will be more likely to be viewed in its entirety. Additionally, it will feel more authentic and less manipulated.
You can create similar ads if you don't yet have UGC. Snapchat's features allow you to have someone speak directly into the camera. Keep your ads between five and six seconds. This will make your ads appear natural and more organic than intrusive.
User-generated content resources:
- How to Increase Your Social Fan Base by 400% with User-Generated Content
- How to leverage user-generated content to increase sales
- 7 Amazing Examples of User-Generated Content
8. Select the right ad format to match your Snapchat Ad Goals
You won't see the results you want with your Snapchat advertising strategy if you use the wrong format.
Each format was created to help you reach specific business goals such as:
- Brand awareness
- Conversions can be increased
- drive sales
- App downloads to increase
Let's take a look at what each format can do for you:
- Dynamic adsThese include story ads, collection ads, single-image or video ads. These dynamic ads are excellent for increasing sign-ups and driving sales.
- App install attachments:This ad format works well if you are promoting an app. This adds an Install Card to the bottom of story ads and single-image or video ads. It also allows for lens AR experiences.
- RetargetingYou want to reach users who have not converted or engaged with your brand before. Story Ads are a great way to engage customers, increase brand awareness, and increase customer loyalty.
Ad Formats Resources:
- Snapchat Ad Formats: A Comprehensive Guide for 2021
- Snapchat Ad Formats and Specifications
9. Create your Snapchat ads with sound
This advice may seem strange, especially considering statistics such as 69 percent who watch videos without sound.
Your Snapchat advertising strategy should be based on the design of no sound.
Snapchat claims that 64 percent of ads are viewed with sound on.
It's not surprising.
As I said earlier, Snapchat ads that are natively integrated into a user's feed and do not disrupt their experience are the best. Snapchatters love to listen to their friends' Snaps, so make sure your ads do the same.
- Make ads featuring testimonials from customers.
- Sound is a great way to convey more information (remember, you only have six seconds).
- Give a face to your brand, and give a brief tutorial.
Video Ad Resources
- Canva: A free video maker tool
- How to get started with video marketing
- How to Maximize Sales and Reach Your Customers Using Video Marketing
- How to create effective video ads
10. Use goal-based bidding
Goal-based bidding is the final Snapchat advertising strategy.
What is goal-based bidding?
This feature allows you to optimize your advertising spend towards a specific action that you want Snapchatters to take, such as downloading your app or purchasing.
Snapchat will deliver your ads efficiently by setting the cost-per-action.
You'll get more conversions if your ads reach the people most likely to take the action.
Snapchat Ad Bidding Resources
- Snapchat Bidding Strategies
- What is the cost of Snapchat ads?
Snapchat Ad Frequently Asked Question
What are the different types of Snapchat ads you can see?
Snapchat offers six types of ads: Snapchat has single images for video ads, filters and lenses, story ads as well as product catalog ads and commercials.
How can I determine which Snapchat ad is best for my business?
It all depends on the campaign goals. Filters can help you create brand conversions, lenses create interactive moments, and the product catalog showcases several products. Commercials are also great for increasing brand awareness.
What is the cost of Snapchat ads?
Snapchat Ads require a daily minimum spend of $5
Why should I advertise via Snapchat?
Snapchat is a great social media network to connect with Gen Z and millennials and drive sales. Snapchat is used by 75 percent of Gen Z and millennials across the U.S. It has 293,000,000 daily users and people spend on average 30 minutes per day on the app.
Snapchat Ad Strategies and Resources
Snapchat is a popular social media platform that has been used by nearly 300 million people. Snapchat is still popular, especially among the younger generation.
Snapchat ads are worth it if your brand appeals directly to its users. Snapchat ads are affordable enough to be successful for almost anyone.
AR technology can be used to generate buzz and create new campaigns. Split testing will help you determine what works best for your business. This will allow you to reduce your acquisition costs and increase conversions.
These tips and resources will help you create ads that are engaging, memorable, and take action for your audience.
How can you make the most of your Snapchat Ad Investment?
By: Neil Patel
Title: 10 Snapchat Ads Strategies, Tips, and Resources
Sourced From: neilpatel.com/blog/explore-snapchat-ads/
Published Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 19:00:00 +0000