A Google spreadsheet for content marketing planning is one of most efficient ways to keep your strategy on target.
There are many powerful technology tools available for content marketing. Google sheets is not to be overlooked. Google sheets is a collaborative, free and centralized place that allows you to have complete control over the way you create tracking systems and manage content.
You don't need to start over if Google sheets is part of your content management system. This article lists some of the most popular templates for SEO and content marketing.
- Strategist-oriented templates such as data dashboards or goal trackers will help you keep your content marketing efforts on track.
- Content calendars are useful for managing content publishing. You can use them for one channel, such as social media, or multiple channels at once.
- Google sheet templates are also useful for SEO-centric tasks like keyword research, following featured snippets and identifying content gaps.
10 Google Sheet Templates to Help with SEO and Content Marketing
MIG's Content Strategy Dashboard
Let me start with the tool Marketing Insider Group uses. This Google sheet template was created over time by me to address all the important elements of your content strategy. This template aims to consolidate all your strategic and operational initiatives in one place. This template includes the following sheets:
- SEO Audit: Find out where you rank in comparison to your competitors for the most important keywords.
- Metric Benchmarks: Track key KPIs in content marketing before and after content marketing efforts.
- Idea – Track article idea by keyword, category, or level of priority.
- Editorial calendar – Keep a detailed publishing schedule, which also includes keywords, CTAs and categories, as well as descriptions of content type.
- Analytics Dashboard Monthly tracking of key KPI metrics.
Growth Machine's Wiki Strategy Spreadsheet
Source: Image Source
This template is great for goal tracking. It is a great way to hold your team accountable and keep your efforts focused by setting clear goals and tracking how they progress.
A good goal tracker can help you identify when strategies aren’t working, and when it’s time to pivot or do more of what’s working.
This template comes with three sheets.
- Goal Tracking: Set your conversion, sales and traffic goals monthly.
- Article Ideas – List ideas based keyword research using tools such as Ahrefs or SEMRush
- Track your guest posters to earn backlinks and increase visibility
Builtvisible's Content Strategy Discovery tool
This tool uses data from the most important news and content sites around the globe to help you keep track of what's hot and to inspire your content niche. The template also includes three sheets.
- Ideas – Find the most popular content on your topic. This spreadsheet pulls content from Reddit and YouTube as well as sources such Google News, YouTube, Hacker News Yahoo Answers, Data.gov, Reddit, Reddit, Reddit, YouTube, Google News and Hacker News.
- Source and Place – Find out more about the most influential bloggers and content creators in your field. This information will allow you to make guest posts and other content partnerships.
- Trending – What is the most popular topic on the internet right now? This helps you to see how your content might connect with current events.
Hubspot Editorial Calendar
Hubspot's editorial template for calendars is used by over 140,000 marketers. Although it is simple, this template covers all bases. It is useful for tracking deadlines and topics as well as authors, keywords and target audiences.
ClickMinded Editorial Content calendar
ClickMinded's template is perfect for editorial calendaring. It is simple and straightforward, but it works well. It tracks author, topic, channels, keywords, deadlines, authors, and topics.
This template can be used separately from the larger content strategy templates.
Vertex 42 Content Calendar
Image Source: Vertex
The Vertex 42 content calendar template is an excellent option for collaborative teams involved in content creation and publication. It was created by the Excel and Google Sheet experts at Vertex 42. This template provides details about the project status, who is responsible, due dates, priority level, and deadlines.
This template could be the right one for you if content accountability is a top priority. Additional features include multiple calendar views, a hashtag organizer, and more.
Hootsuite Social Media Editorial Calendar
Hootsuite, a popular social media management software program, is a favorite among content marketers. This template is free for everyone to use to plan their social media posts. This template is especially helpful if you have a lot to post on multiple platforms.
Google Sheet tracks your activity by month and week. It also notes the title, author and deadline. This will help you keep your team accountable for posting on time. Hootsuite allows you to schedule your posts automatically so that nothing slips through the cracks.
SEO Monitoring Dashboard by Distilled
Source: Image Source
The Distilled SEO monitoring dashboard template covers the most important metrics that you should be tracking. It includes a map of current rankings, rank changes over times, and page CTRs. It is useful because it combines your daily tracking data with long-term KPI metrics. This is the step-by-step, detailed guide to how it works.
Content Gap Finder
Source: Image Source
Content gaps refer to keywords and topics for which your brand isn't ranking well. This Google Sheet Template can be used in conjunction with Google Search Console to identify content gaps and create new strategies to fill them. It uses Console to find keywords and queries that rank between 20 and 100+. The tool organizes them using CTR data to ensure you pursue the most lucrative opportunities.
Once you have identified the content gaps, you can take action to create more content, update old content, pursue long-tail keywords and refocus your strategy to close them.
Featured Snippet Opportunity Locator
To quickly answer questions and provide quick answers, featured snippets are displayed at the top of SERPs. These snippets are especially popular for queries that include question words. They take up half the screen of users after they make a search. This is a great way to increase traffic and give you an edge over your competitors. Your SEO strategy should include a proactive approach to achieving featured snippet positions for search terms related to your brand.
Overthink's complete guide and Google Sheet template will walk you through the steps of finding featured snippet opportunities.
Take your Content Calendar Template to the next level
Content marketing can be a difficult task. You must be committed to creating great content. While templates can be helpful, sometimes they are not enough. If you can't do it all, a partner can help you keep your content flowing. We are here to help.
Our SEO Blog Writing Service can help you get more visitors to your website by providing quality content that is consistently published. Get in touch with me to schedule a consultation and receive a PDF copy of my books for free. Get started today to generate more leads and traffic for your business.
Marketing Insider Group's first post, 10 Google Sheet Templates For SEO and Content Marketing, appeared first on Marketing Insider Group.
By: Michael Brenner
Title: 10 Google Sheet Templates for SEO and Content Marketing
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/content-marketing/10-google-sheet-templates-for-seo-and-content-marketing/
Published Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 11:05:24 +0000