How high is your website's conversion ratio? How about your landing pages, forms, and paid ads?
There's a chance that your conversion rate could be higher, no matter how high.
This is because user preferences shift over time. It's easy to get bored of seeing the same ads or images over and over again. Even platforms that users frequent can change.
Only one way to find out if your landing page, CTA, ad or entire website converts better is to test it.
Invesp reports that 71% of companies conduct at least two A/B testing per month.
Only one in eight A/B testing results in significant change. This means that many companies run A/B testing but are not seeing any results. A/B testing tools give you the data and framework to run better tests.
Why you need A/B testing tools
A/B Testing Tools make it easier to conduct A/B tests by making it simple to create, launch, analyze, and report on them. But is it worth it?
I recommend A/B Testing Tools if you want to get real results from A/B testing. They are:
- Tracking data It is not easy to track clicks and conversions or other important KPIs. Many A/B testing tools keep track of the data so you can make informed business decisions. You can even get snazzy reports to impress your boss and clients.
- SEO protection: If you do your A/B testing correctly, it won't have an impact on SEO. Google's guidelines are met with A/B testing tools.
- Automation testing: The more advanced tools use automation to make sure testing runs as efficiently as possible. Automated disabling of ads that don't perform well can help you to spend more time running your business.
- The test creation process can be simplified: A/B testing can take a lot of time. It is easy to get lost in the details. Is the CTA clear enough? It's easier to build, launch, and track your A/B tests with a good tool.
- Your conversion rates will increase: What are the most important benefits of A/B testing? These tools can increase conversion rates, decrease bounce rates and help drive sales. Most offer recommendations based upon AI or proprietary data.
Let's see how Ben, a subscription-based mobile phone company, used A/B testing in order to convert customers.
Ben started offering customers the latest mobile devices, as well as affordable data and voice plans. Customers wanted to be able to choose the color of their phones, not the model.
The company was unsure how to share this news with customers. They tested two options using VWO: one with the color scheme under the phone's image and another with a menu option along with the subscription choices.
They found that users were more likely to convert if they had the option to select the color of their plan. This also led to fewer customer calls for changing the device's colors.
A simple test led to a significant increase in conversion rates. Imagine if you ran these tests repeatedly. This is possible with A/B testing tools.
The Best A/B Test Tools
There are many options for A/B testing software. The A/B software market is expected to reach $1,151 millions by 2025. This means that you will need to sort through hundreds of options before finding the right tool.
One A/B testing tool may not work for all businesses. For example, an enterprise e-commerce website may have different needs than a local plumber.
We've compared the most popular A/B testing tools to help you choose the best one.
1. Google Optimize: A/B Testing Tool with Solid Features
Google Optimize, Google's A/B testing tool, is free. It integrates with Google Analytics so it is easy to see how site performance has changed.
Optimize allows you to launch, create and track A/B tests performance from one place. It's easy to launch your first test if you already use Google Analytics or any other Google tools.
These are the main features:
- Ability to run multiple types of tests including A/B, multivariate and split URL. Server-side experiments can also be used. Personalization is possible.
- Visual editor makes it easy to create tests.
- Use SEO features to prevent your tests from affecting your ranking.
- You can access detailed reporting tools that include customizable reports as well as an experiment summary to get a more detailed or granular view on test results.
- You can set your goals with built-in or custom objectives.
- To see the performance of tests over time and to schedule future experiments, use Experiment Manager.
- All other Google tools, including Analytics, AdSense and Search Console, can be integrated.
It's easy to get started. Go to Google Optimize and click “Start Free.” After you have accepted the terms and conditions, your first experience will be created.
Choose the type of test that you wish to run, then choose the URL and design your test.
Google Optimize has its limitations. Google Optimize is limited to running five experiments at once. A few users have complained that the preview tool for A/B testing is complicated to use and contains a few bugs. This is something to take into consideration.
Google Optimize is an excellent option for smaller sites that only need to run a few tests at once.
2. Optimizely: Paid A/B testing + CRO Tool to Fast-Growing Enterprise Brands
Pricing: Call to get a customized quote. Capterra states that plans start at $50,000 per year, but might be lower for smaller sites.
Optimizely is a top-rated A/B testing tool that offers full-featured features. Optimizely offers many testing and tracking options, such as:
- Ability to perform A/B and Multivariate Testing.
- Advanced testing, which includes coding.
- You can run multiple tests on the exact same page with exclusion groups without affecting SEO or UX.
- Personalization and targeting go deeper into the customer journey.
- Powerful visual editor allows marketers to create tests–no dev needed.
- Drag-and-drop templates make it easier to create tests.
- You can use these reporting tools to identify which experiments have an impact on performance.
Optimizely can be powerful, but it can be daunting for new testers. Optimizely can be difficult to use if you don't have large sites or have never run A/B testing. Optimizely is worth looking at if you have a large website and are interested in digging deeper into your data to find out what customers want.
Reach out to the customer service team to get started. The team will ask you for information about your website, traffic, and then go over the entire scope of features. The team can also offer a custom demo to show you the full potential of the tools.
3. AB Tasty – AI-Driven A/B Testing + Enterprise Experimentation
Pricing Call for a customized quote. TrustRadius reports prices start at $40 per month.
AB Tasty, an AI-powered A/B test tool, is designed to increase conversions and provide world-class UX. More than 900 enterprises trust them, including Sephora and Papa John's as well as Walmart and USA Today.
It might not work well for small sites but it is a great fit for enterprises looking to improve A/B Testing and run more outside-the-box testing.
The platform's core features include:
- Ability to perform A/B or multivariate testing on desktop, mobile, and app platforms.
- AI-powered targeting makes it possible to create extremely granular segments based upon user behavior.
- Drag-and-drop editor allows you to quickly test any feature on your website, including the navigation bar and coding.
- There are many goals, including demo requests, browsing behavior and conversions.
- Bayesian statistics engine is more than just a tool for tracking tests. It also helps you to understand the significance of tests through gain probability and media values.
There are some drawbacks. Optimizely offers heat map tracking but AB Tasty does not. You might have to pay more for personalization features. They are available in a separate tool. It's hard to know for certain because they don't provide pricing information on the site.
They don't allow testing for paid ads. Google Optimize supports it.
Are you a good candidate for AB Tasty? It is not recommended for small sites or people just starting out. It is a powerful tool that allows you to test a variety of things. This makes it a great choice for enterprises, especially those involved in e-commerce.
4. Apptimize: Omnichannel A/B Testing for Mobile-Focused Customer Journeys
Pricing: Contact us for custom pricing. They do however offer a 30-day trial.
Apps are good for businesses. Recent research has shown that 57% of shoppers prefer to shop in apps over other channels. But, it is much more difficult to test apps for A/B.
Apptimize is a great tool for A/B testing if you have an app and a buyer journey that spans platforms. Apptimize offers A/B testing tools that can be used on the web, mobile, OTT and in-store. Apptimize focuses on testing companies that have frequent product rollouts such as software companies.
It's a good fit for your company. It's a good option if your customer journey crosses multiple platforms. These features include:
- Solid A/B, multivariate and split testing including in-person, on-site, and website.
- Permissions and access controls limit who can make modifications.
- To see how your test affects conversions and other goals, use funnel analysis
- You can quickly view historical test stats on the Activity Dashboard.
Apptimize provides A/B testing tools and workflow management features to make the process easier.
Apptimize is not a great website for specific features. However, they focus on helping product teams to test, personalize rollouts, and manage new features.
This tool is not for you if your goal is to determine which color CTA button should be used.
Apptimize is worth considering if you're constantly updating features or want to better understand your customers. Apptimize offers a free trial so that you can test it out and see if it is right for you.
5. Adobe's Target Test Tool: Enterprise A/B Testing + Personalization
Pricing – Contact us for customized pricing Prices vary depending on the product options and volume. Omnichannel testing may also be required. There is no free trial.
Adobe Target is a fully-featured testing platform that allows businesses and organizations to test all aspects of customer experience including copy, images, layouts, background colors, background apps, and UI. It also allows you to test personalization's effect, which is important considering personalized convert 202 per cent better then default CTAs
Adobe Target includes:
- You can test almost every aspect of the user experience with strong A/B testing capabilities.
- Visual composer makes it simple to create and execute tests.
- Multivariate and multiarm Bandit Testing to direct traffic to the most effective experience sooner in the process.
- It is easy to set up and use a guided workflow to allow you to launch quickly, test and launch.
- Ability to test on either the client-side or server-side.
Target can also be integrated with other Adobe products through Adobe Experience Cloud. This is a great option for anyone who uses Adobe for content, analytics, insights and content.
Online reviews indicate that Target is not suitable for beginners. You should be able to use other A/B testing tools and familiarize yourself with Adobe's tools. Adobe offers many training modules that will help you get up to speed.
6. Intelligems: A/B Test Pricing for E-Commerce Stores
Pricing – Contact us for pricing.
The majority of A/B testing tools are focused on button colors, titles, and headlines. Pricing can make a big difference in e-commerce conversion rates. Shopify store owners can use Intelligems to test changes in pricing.
What impact does dropping your price by a few pennies have on conversions? How about increasing prices? You can only test to determine the ideal price point.
Intelligems allows you to easily assess how pricing and features such as Subscribe and Save affect LTV, checkouts and long-term growth.
These features include:
- It's easy to use and launch tests quicker with this test creator.
- The result of sophisticated data collection is made into an easy to read dashboard that allows you to see the results in a glance.
- Flexible testing allows you to examine how pricing, shipping discounts, and pricing work together (or all three!). A variety of data points can be affected.
- Expert advice will help you create a solid strategy that is based on expert insight.
Although this tool is still relatively new, it could prove to be a significant game-changer in e-commerce. They're open to suggestions and will hopefully expand the testing options.
7. VWO: Similar features to Optimizely but more affordable
Pricing – Contact Capterra for more information. However, Capterra's pricing starts at $199.00 per Month, far less than Optimizely.
VWO is a full-featured tool that can be used to test your website, similar to Optimizely or Google Optimize. VWO is a great option if Optimize doesn't meet your needs or Optimizely is too expensive. It provides sophisticated testing funnels that can be customized at a lower price.
VWO features include:
- You can create and launch test cases for a variety of tests including split URL, multivariate and abandoned carts.
- Targeting is based on context, behavior, campaign and audience.
- Drag-and-drop test generator.
- Goal setting and engagement tracking
- Visual reporting tools that can be customized.
- Mobile website testing.
VWO tracks more than traffic and conversions. VWO also uses advanced tracking methods like heatmaps and pageviews. It also monitors screen activity and user interactions.
The lack of data storage is one drawback. According to some reviews, Heatmaps tests only keep testing data for 60-90 days.
8. Unbounce: Landing Page Builder with A/B Testing Tool
Pricing: Pay for up to 500 conversions or 20,000 visits per month starting at $90 Unbounce offers a 14-day free trial.
The majority of the tools that we have covered are standalone A/B testing tools. Once you add a tracker on your website, you can then build, test and launch A/B tests.
Unbounce is something a bit different. It is a landing page tool that has A/B testing built into it. You can test your PPC landing page. You can test the personalization's impact. All of this and more is possible.
Unbounce offers A/B testing services, which include:
- Unlimited A/B testing on all landing pages
- It's easy to use test builder. Simply duplicate the page you are currently on, modify the elements that you wish to test, then launch.
- Comparison tool for determining which page is the best.
- To determine which offer drives better results, A/B-test sticky bars
- Smart builder that creates landing page in a matter of minutes
Unbounce is not as feature-rich as full-featured tools such VWO or Optimizely. The A/B testing capabilities are a strong selling feature if you are already using Unbounce, or considering using it for sticky bars and landing pages.
Unbounce is also less expensive than other tools which makes it a great tool for A/B testing.
Pricing – Free to try, but you'll have to pay for ads.
Social media ads are a great way to drive traffic to your site, increase brand awareness and convert. It can be difficult to determine which headline, offer or CTA is driving clicks (and conversions).
There is a lot of room for improvement when you consider that the average Facebook ad conversion rate is 9.21%.
Facebook recently launched the Experiments Tool to help you A/B test paid ads. Brands can compare campaign sets, campaigns and campaign groups to see which one performs best.
First, create your Facebook ads in Meta Business Manager (aka Facebook manager). Next, go to Experiments Tool. To get started, click Tests and then choose A/B test.
After selecting the ads that you wish to test, you will be asked to schedule your campaigns and name the test. Facebook can also help you decide which winner to choose by using key metrics such as cost per result, conversion rate, and cost per 1000 people reached.
After you are done, you will be asked to review your test parameters before you launch your test.
This tool is crucial for two reasons. First, it is simple to use. That is not the case with some of the more complex A/B testing tools. You can also A/B-test social ads to maximize performance.
The tool does not appear to be working on Instagram at the moment, but they will hopefully add it.
10. Ominconvert's Explore – CRO + A/B testing for E-Commerce
Pricing – Plans starting at $167 per Month
A/B testing for e-commerce is more than just testing CTA button copy. It also involves determining if a top or bottom sticky bar converts better. It involves pricing, product pages and images, as well as desktop vs mobile.
Although most of the tools in this list can be used in any industry, Ominconvert was designed for e-commerce sites. Check out these features:
- Ability to test multiple websites at once
- Quick, professional assistance with a response time of four hours
- Exit-intent testing and triggered overlay testing.
- Personalization and A/B testing are key to understanding the customer journey.
- Use a dedicated browser extension to bypass CDN caches
You can also track and set as many goals you like and get insights into why certain tests don't work.
This is not the tool for beginners. It can be code-heavy and requires an understanding of your site's backend. It's affordable at $167 per monthly. Ominconvert has been used by many powerful brands like Samsung and ING so they know what they are doing.
11. Nelio A/B Testing: Powerful A/B Testing Plugin for WordPress
Pricing – Plans starting at $24 per Month for up to 5,000 views
WordPress is used by more than 455 million websites. You might be one of these sites. You're in luck if you're searching for an A/B testing tool which works with the most popular CMS available.
Nelio AB provides powerful A/B testing tools directly in your WordPress dashboard. There's no need to switch tools, integrate a dozen different platforms or get lost trying to setup a split test. You can now click and install Nelio AB within a matter of minutes.
Here are a few features Nelio AB provides:
- You can test unlimited pages, headers, menus and themes with unlimited experiments. You can test and improve almost any aspect of your WordPress website.
- It is not necessary to have any technical knowledge. It doesn't matter if you know how to code or how to read Java. Or even what makes a test statistically significant.
- This easy-to-read reporting tool gives insights and results in a click.
- If you are interested in CSS testing, you can test finer details on your site.
- You can track how visitors navigate your website with heatmaps, scrollmaps and confetti.
- To track what is most important on your website, define goals and conversions.
- You can integrate with almost all of your plugins, such as JetPack, WooCommerce, and W3 Total.
It lacks some advanced features, such as detailed segmentation, but it still has many great features. It is easy to use because it lives in WordPress.
12. Freshworks Automation and Multichannel Engagement: A/B Testing
Pricing – Free for up 100 contacts; Paid plans starting at $19 per Month
Do you want to increase conversion rates? Personalization is a key part of any marketing strategy. According to Salesforce 66% customers expect companies understand their needs.
Freshworks will help you create the customized experience that your customers want. Freshworks is not an A/B test tool. It's a CRM that has built-in automation features such as segmentation and split testing.
Freshworks offers more than just running tests.
- email marketing campaigns
- Landing pages
- Event tracking
- Marketing reports
- Chat campaigns
- Testing CRO
Freshworks offers additional A/B testing capabilities such as split URL testing and landing page optimization. Although the tool does not have heatmaps or other advanced features, it is worth looking at its A/B testing capabilities, especially if you value personalization.
13. A/B Testing Significance Calculator: Find Out How Different Tests Influence Sales
The data available from A/B testing tools is extensive. It can be difficult to understand the data. Does Test A really have more traffic than Test A? Are you even able to make a decision if there is enough traffic?
My A/B testing calculator is here to help. Plug your test results and you'll see which landing page headline, CTA or website leads to better results.
You can instantly see the impact of your sales test by clicking a button. You can check the results of multivariate tests. To see the results of multivariate tests, click on “Add Another Variation”.
14. Title-Generator.com: Use the Title Generator to find new titles or headings to test
It is possible to test headlines and titles in order to increase conversions. This will help you make your landing pages, emails, blogs and web pages work well. It can be difficult to come up with catchy titles.
A title generator tool is a great resource. The tool will create 700 headlines by simply entering your keywords.
Take a look at the list and decide which one best fits your content. Then, add it to your A/B test workflow.
The image shows that many can be adjusted based on content. Use these to inspire you, not as headlines.
15. Generator for Ad Headlines: A free tool to generate paid headlines to test your A/B.
There are many areas you can test when it comes to paid ads: the headline, image and ad copy. This tool is great for helping you come up with alternative headlines.
Inkforall's Ad Headline Idea Generator uses AI for creating headlines and copy. Enter your current ad and log in using Facebook, Google, Microsoft. The tool will then generate a new advertisement from the information you have provided.
Although the AI is not perfect, it can help you find new formats for ads to test. While the AI generation isn't perfect, I recommend editing it. This tool can be a great inspiration if you are struggling to create different ad versions for testing.
A/B Test ToolsFrequently Asked Questions
What are the A/B testing tools?
A/B testing tools typically offer visual interfaces and tracking features that allow businesses to set up, run and track their tests. To track the performance of your tests, most tools will require that you add a tracking code to your website.
It is possible, but it will require a different setup to A/B test on your website. Many social platforms allow you to test ads using their business center. You can also check copy and images.
Post engagement and conversion cannot be A/B tested directly. You can however test the impact of social traffic by A/B testing your landing pages.
How can you get started with A/B Testing?
Setting goals is the first step in A/B testing. What are you looking to improve? Are you looking for more traffic, higher conversions or more social engagement? Make a hypothesis and test it.
Which elements should you test for A/B?
Any element! Are you positive that changing the CTA will increase conversions? Are you interested in seeing if a different landing-page image can increase demo signups? Once you have decided what you want to test you can choose from the above A/B testing tools and launch your test.
Conclusion: A/B Test Tools
A/B testing is the foundation of any digital marketing strategy. These 15 A/B test tools will assist you in building, launching, testing, and recording the results. Google Optimize is the best A/B testing tool if you are just starting out. It is easy to use and can be used with other Google tools. You can run up to five different tests simultaneously.
You might need additional features or a tool that can do more than run A/B test, then one of the tools on this list may be right for you.
Is your favorite A/B test tool on the list? Please share your favorite A/B testing tool in the comments.
By: Neil Patel
Title: The 15 Best A/B Testing Tools That Are Guaranteed to Boost Your Conversion Rates
Sourced From: neilpatel.com/blog/a-b-testing-tools/
Published Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 20:59:51 +0000