Content marketing can be a powerful tool to increase brand awareness, leads and sales.
But, just creating quality content is half of the battle. To see real results, it is important to promote the content to your target audience.
There are many channels that can be used to promote your content. These include email marketing, social media and email marketing as well as paid advertising and influencer partnerships. It can be overwhelming to choose where to focus your efforts with so many options.
This post will discuss the best ways to promote your content, and offer tips on optimizing each channel.
Using paid, owned, and earned channels to optimize content promotion is the best way to do so.
Choosing the most effective content to promote is much more efficient than pushing content manually selected
Email and search provide the greatest reach and conversion for most brands
However, it is important to test what works for you.
Marketing Channels that are integrated (or converged)
For a long time, we have been discussing integrated marketing. What does it actually mean?
Many brands have found that integrated marketing means having someone or a team responsible for content distribution and creation. This could include campaign content. Others refer to paid media.
This lack of clarity often results in poor execution and promises of integrated marketing. Let's get this straight:
Integrated marketing is a combination of owned, paid and earned media to create and distribute content that maximizes reach, engagement, and conversions.
In simpler terms, integrated marketing should enable you to:
- Get found
- Share your experience
- Get leads
Converged media is simply another name for a content marketing strategy that combines all paid, earned, and owned media to get the best results throughout the buyer journey.
Methods for optimizing content for promotion
Before we can look at the most effective channels for content promotion, it is important to first consider the best practices in content promotional.
1. Prior to promoting your content, identify the best performing pieces. To determine what content resonates with your audience, look at metrics like website traffic, engagement, conversions, and conversions. Once you know what works, you can target your promotions efforts to those parts.
2. When it comes to content promotion, timing is everything. When your audience is most active, engaged, and posting on social media is the best time. Google Analytics is a great tool to analyze your audience's behavior and plan your promotions accordingly.
3. Use your old content to repurpose and republish: To reach new audiences, republish and reuse the best-performing content on other platforms. To give old content a new look and make them more relevant, you can update it with new images or videos.
4. Use visuals Visuals are a great way to make your content stand out on social networks and other platforms. To make your content more shareable and engaging, use images, GIFs and videos.
5. Create and maintain a content promotion schedule. This will ensure consistency in your content promotion efforts. This will allow you to plan ahead and schedule your content promotion so that you are organized and on the right track.
6. Pay promotion only when necessary: Although paid promotion can help increase visibility, it is important to choose the right promotion. Paid promotion is not for all content. Make sure you test the different pieces to find which ones work best.
7. Measure and track your results. It's crucial to measure and track your results in order to determine what's working and what's not. To measure the success and effectiveness of your content promotion efforts, use tools like Google Analytics, social media analysis, and email marketing software.
These tips will help you promote your content effectively and reach your audience. Be consistent, measure and test your results and optimize your content over time to maximize reach and engagement.
Which content promotion channels are most effective?
Which channels are the most effective in promoting your content? It depends on many factors, so the answer is yes. For most companies, the best place to start is on your website. Next, you can use email.
Let's look at some of these channels a little more closely:
1. Your Website: If you don't post it on your website, content marketing doesn't apply to it. This is the best place to attract new prospects via organic search and/or SEO. It's also easier to measure than other channels. It's why we exist! Search engines are a great way to improve the visibility of your content. To increase your content's visibility in search engine results pages, use keywords in your content, meta tag and descriptions and internal and externe links.
2. Email Marketing: Email marketing can be a great way to reach existing audiences and promote your content. Personalize your subject lines for increased open rates. Segment your email list to ensure your content reaches the right people. You can use A/B testing for the best subject lines, calls-to-action and sending times for your audience.
3. Social Media: This is a great platform to reach large and engaged audiences. It's crucial to select the right platform for your brand and target audience. LinkedIn might be better than Instagram if your target audience consists primarily of B2B professionals. After you have identified the best platforms, optimize your content by using the correct format and hashtags.
4. Paid Advertising: Paid advertisements can quickly increase visibility for your content. To reach your audience, you can use platforms such as Facebook Ads, Google AdWords and LinkedIn Ads. To optimize your campaigns, set clear goals and track your progress over time.
5. Influencer marketing: This is a great way for you to reach new audiences and increase your brand's credibility by tapping into the influence others have. Find influencers within your industry with a following that matches your target audience using Buzzsumo. Then, work with them to create sponsored material that showcases your brand and products.
6. Employee advocacy: This is my secret weapon tip. It's the key reason we have been so successful in building success at SAP. We created a team of writers and employees who were willing to share our content on their social networks. The first 100 email subscribers we received were salespeople who used our content on LinkedIn to sell.
What Sources Really Have The Most Impact?
This data has been missing for hours. It turns out that no matter what source you use (Hubspot or Alexa), the answer is quite clear.
80-90% website traffic comes via organic search and people finding your site through their own searches.
On average, social only accounts for 46% and less than 5% of traffic in B2B companies. Paid traffic is also a small percentage of traffic.
This is why content marketing is so important to drive the most traffic and leads.
There are other channels for promotion
The aforementioned channels should be the core of your promotion strategy. However, there are other, more niche places where you can post your content. These are just a few of the many places you can try.
- Thread www.inbound.org
- Find the right Redditthread
- Find a Slack group that is related to your industry or topic.
- Post your product/tool to Product Hunt
- Make a Snapchat story about your content and include a link to allow viewers to take a screenshot (we recommend bit.ly!)
- Use your Instagram bio to post a link to your content and a photo
Once your engine is up and running, optimization for conversion and increased leads can be achieved without the need to create new content.
Promoting your content is as important as creating it. You can reach your target audience through a variety channels and increase engagement. For maximum engagement and reach, it is important to keep track of your campaign results.
You Need Engaging Content to Promote on Your Channels
Our Content Builder Service can help you get more visitors to your website by providing quality content that is consistently published. Contact me for a quick consultation and I will send you a PDF copy of my books. Get started today to generate more leads and traffic for your business.
Marketing Insider Group's first article, Optimizing Content Promotion Channels to Increase Conversion Rates, appeared first on Marketing Insider Group.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the five main marketing concepts?
These are the five main marketing concepts
- Branding is a way to project a positive image of yourself. It's what people associate with you when they hear your name. You need to create a brand identity that is consistent across all media.
- Your position is how you present yourself to your market. How can you best describe who you really are?
- Message – This is the content of your message. What is the point of your message? Why should someone purchase from you?
- Marketing mix is when you combine channels, pricing, or promotions to communicate your message to your target audiences.
- How do you measure success?
What are some direct-marketing examples?
Direct Marketing Examples include postcards, brochures, flyers, e-mails, etc.
Direct marketing allows you to reach people wherever they are. It's the best way to communicate with customers who have already chosen your product or service over another brand.
You must know what kind of message would appeal most to your target market.
Finding out what your customers want is key to delivering it.
Direct marketing can be used for many reasons. Direct marketing can be used to promote your business in many ways. You can send out catalogs to potential customers and advertise in local papers.
A unique mailing list can be created from your existing customers. If you have good contacts, it is easy to add new subscribers.
You can also ask current customers if you'd like to send them promotional materials. Some companies offer discounts to those who sign up for special offers.
What are the best social media strategies?
Social Media Marketing is an excellent way to market your business online. It's a powerful tool to promote brand awareness as well as generate leads and sales. Here are five strategies for using social media to grow your business.
- A Facebook Fan Page allows you to interact with customers via Facebook. You can also upload images, videos, or other files.
- Twitter: Promote your business – Twitter is another great place for information sharing and connecting with people. Use hashtags to increase visibility.
- Post videos on YouTube – Many people love to watch them. If someone likes what they see, they may click to visit your website.
- Host Live Events – Having live events allows you to meet face-to-face with potential clients. They can ask you questions about your products or services.
- React to Customer Review – Positive reviews will build trust between you and your clients, which in turn will encourage repeat purchases. Respond quickly to any negative comments.
- A poll earlier this year found that 14% of older Gen Z's had bought an item in the previous six months based on an influencer's recommendation. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- Meanwhile, a PartnerPath poll found that co-marketed ads help 68% of consumers arrive at a buying decision before even speaking to a salesperson. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- Today, 81% of brands around the world have affiliate programs. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- Companies that use personalization are seeing revenue increases ranging from 6-10%. (blog.hubspot.com)
- 81% of brands employ affiliate marketing, and eCommerce sites are particularly good candidates. (blog.hubspot.com)
- SEO Learning Center Moz
- [Case Study] How Moz Ranked #1 for High-Volume Keywords in Less Than 3 Months – Moz
What's your marketing strategy?
Did you hear the phrase “If You build it, they'll come” many times?
Well, you're wrong.
Although building something is hard work, it's not enough if you want to attract customers. Internet Marketing Principles will help you reach your target audience to grow your company.
Internet Marketing Principles are guidelines that marketers use to create websites, blogs and email campaigns that generate leads or sales.
For example, if you're selling handmade jewelry online, you'd better learn to use these Internet Marketing Principles to drive traffic to your site, capture emails, and close sales.
Here are some examples from Internet Marketing Principles.
- Content is the king. Your content must be original and captivating. If you copy someone else's content, you'll lose credibility as a source of information.
- Trust builds trust. People prefer recommendations from friends and relatives to Adsense. If you are going to recommend a product, ensure it is trustworthy.
- Make it personal. People prefer to interact with real people over robots. Make sure your website looks human, not robotic.
- Offer value – People don't give away anything unless they feel they are receiving something worth their time. For their contact information, give them something for free.
- Tell stories – Stories are powerful tools for connecting with audiences. They allow you to tell your story and make connections with your audience.
- Giveaways – Giving things away helps spread awareness and builds brand loyalty.
- It is important to use call-to-action buttons because they encourage users to take action.
- Make sure you test everything before you publish your website.
- Keep it simple. Complexity is better than simplicity. Keep it as simple as possible. Your website will be easier to manage and update if it is simpler.
- Clear goals are easier to measure.
- Measure everything – It's crucial to measure your progress towards your marketing goals.
- Concentrate on conversion. – Conversion is the act of turning web browsers into buyers.
- Get feedback. This will help you improve your marketing efforts.
- Track your results – By tracking your results, you can identify areas that need improvement.
- Repeat – The repetition of a pattern creates momentum.
- Optimize your marketing efforts. This ensures that your marketing efforts perform effectively.
- You must be consistent. Your brand will always be remembered.
- Reward yourself. Rewards will motivate you.
- Learn from others – One of the best ways you can avoid making the same mistakes as others is to learn from their mistakes.
- Never stop learning.
- To achieve sustainable growth, think long-term.
- Trust your gut – Sometimes, your intuition is the best tool for guiding you through life.
- Treat each day as a trial run. Mistakes are inevitable, but they teach us lessons we wouldn't otherwise learn.
- Recognize your weaknesses. Knowing your strengths and weak points will give you the insight to how to overcome obstacles.
- Don't let your failures discourage you. Everyone has failed at least once. But don't let failure discourage you. Just try again.
- Take risks – Taking risks is sometimes necessary to move forward.
- Enjoy the ride – It's essential to living happy lives.
- Be passionate – Passion fuels motivation.
- Be who you really are. It is essential to build relationships.
- Know Yourself – Self knowledge is vital for self improvement.
- Find your tribe. It's important to build a support network of like-minded people.
- Make a vision board. Vision boards can be a great tool for visualizing your future.
- Ask questions – Questions are the gateway to knowledge.
By: Michael Brenner
Title: Optimizing Content Promotion Channels To Increase Conversion Rates
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/content-marketing/optimize-promotion-channels-increase-conversion-rates/
Published Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 14:45:00 +0000