It is a real battle to get customers' attention. We are seeing an increase in client requests for thought-leadership content, even more so with all the happenings in the world.
We believe that consistent content marketing is the best way to reach, engage and convert the right audiences for your business.
It works, because we share the same approach with our clients. All new customers are drawn to the consistent, engaging, and customer-focused content that we publish every week.
Weekly content answers questions that our audience asks using keywords. All with the aim of helping them solve real problems through helpful content.
In the content that we create, we do everything possible to help our audience. This allows us to rank at the top of Google for hundreds important keywords.
We serve almost 1,000,000 WEBSITE VISITORS per year!
Marketing Insider Group was founded by me in June 2015. Since then, we have published articles and created deep thought leadership through e-books and webinars. This approach has been our sole source of leads, revenue and new clients.
Yes. Leadership is about thought. It's about sharing your knowledge with passion and a determination to help others.
This content is shared on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Sometimes, IG. I also present to virtual and live audiences as often as possible. I have one goal: To teach other marketers how to achieve these same results.
Some have asked me why I share so much of my knowledge. The answer is simple:
It works great. This is the secret I found out and I had to share it.
- It delivers ROI.
- It's not expensive.
- There is no risk.
- It works better than any marketing strategy I have ever seen or tried.
So, this is my post. I will share these secrets with y'all so that you can use these insights and results in your business. We are our own case studies!
The only marketing I've ever done for Marketing Insider Group was the actual content builder service: two weekly, customer-focused, engaging and useful blog content.
Organic Search Traffic and Rankings
Let's start by asking why organic search traffic and rankings are so important.
This is because organic search traffic represents the largest source of traffic to corporate websites. You should therefore be focused on maintaining and growing that source.
How much organic search traffic does Marketing Insider Group get? This is a lot for a small company. . .
In the past year, we had just over 1 million visits to our website. 77% of those visitors came via organic search.
Google has more than 700,000.
Your website's health and your brand's overall health can be evaluated based on the amount of organic search traffic.
Marketing Insider Group is barely five years old, but as you can see, our organic search ranking has increased significantly since June 2015.
Our top 100 rankings have increased 5-6x over the past 5 years!
- We are ranked in the top 100 results for searches for 23,305 keywords
- We rank in the top three for 577 keywords. We rank among the top 10 for 1,451 keyword phrases.
- We rank for key customer keywords like What is marketing? Brand storytelling? How to measure content marketing ROI? Why is content marketing so important? Content marketing workshop and many more…
- We rank and get traffic similar to larger companies that have hundreds of employees and thousands of customers and are worth millions.
These keyword rankings have allowed us to grow our organic search traffic 6x over the past 3 years, to almost 100,000 visitors per month
There are dozens of pages in our database that appear in Google's highly coveted Instant Answers and Featured Snippets.
Nearly all of our leads and customers are generated from direct or indirect conversions to our website. How much do we pay for these leads? Nothing.
It would be great to have those leads if we provide valuable information to our customers.
We share our content because people who know us and subscribe to us are familiar with us.
This content is then reached by more people each day. Some people link to our content. Some of these people contact us to request proposals or contracts.
We currently average one monthly digital marketing strategy project. Each month, we deliver more than 100 SEO-driven blog posts to our clients.
Our clients are on the Fortune 500. Our clients are founders of startups that have no marketing staff.
We beat our competitors thanks to the way we use customer insights to develop content marketing plans that deliver measurable results.
This chart shows the remarkable 50% to 615% year-over-year increase in organic search traffic that one of our clients shared with us.
We deliver results for clients using the same techniques we use ourselves.
What Makes This Work?
This is because we understand Google's requirements: high quality content, consistently.
We started publishing one article per week on our website.
We then tested 2-3 articles per semaine. We also tried guest posts. We also tried syndicated articles. We tested 5 articles per week. We tried 7 articles per week.
We found that consistent publishing content on a handful of key themes works best. This includes:
- 1x per Week Content Marketing Articles
- Marketing Strategy articles, 1x per Week
- Event marketing or employee activation articles 1x a week
This in-depth post will help you realize that even small companies with limited budgets and only one employee can produce high quality content.
Content that nails it
As of this article, I had published 982 blog entries.
We usually write around 1,000 words per topic. Some of our posts can go as far as 3,500 words!
Yes, longer-form content is better than short content in most cases. It builds expertise, authority and trust – what Google calls “EAT!”
This settles the long vs. short content debate once and for all: https://t.co/e2g5lCqKTm#SEO #SEOtalk #SEOchat #ContentMarketing #ContentStrategy pic.twitter.com/pGfBlTn4RX
Rohan Ayyar, @searchrook February 21, 2020
We have received more than 111.200 shares on Facebook, 340,000 on Twitter and hundreds of thousands on LinkedIn (they don’t allow access).
These are the Most Shared Posts of All Time
These are just a few of the many. You'll be amazed at the results!
3. Top 25 Content Marketing Influencers (2,700 shares excluding LinkedIn)
2. Top 20 Content Marketing Blogs That You Must Read Every Day (2.800 shares, excluding LinkedIn).
1. 26 Cheat Sheets Every Digital Marketer Must Have (3,000 shares, excluding LinkedIn).
The Posts With the Most Traffic Ever
3. 182K views Why social media is important for your business (182K views).
2. What is Thought Leadership? And When Should You Use It? (189K views).
1. 6 Examples of Genius Brand Storytelling (299,000 page views)
The Best Articles of the Past Year
How Often Should You Blogging (38K views).
10 Digital Marketing Trends That You Must Know (41K Views)
These will help you to understand…
Our Method to Lead Generation
Through the content we have produced, thousands of leads have converted. Actually,
- 438 of our articles produced more than one lead over the past 3 years.
- Another couple hundred articles have at least one lead.
- A few articles have generated over 100 leads.
My main conclusion is that no single article generated ROI. The results are achieved by the constant, ongoing approach. We create content that converts ALL. THE. TIME. TIME. Does that make sense?
We share our content via social media. Many of our leads are directly generated by the connections we have nurtured through our content.
Our sales cycles are extremely short. We have never been in any bidding wars with other companies.
Full disclosure: I have used paid search. Last summer, we spent several hundred dollars on paid search. Sometimes my ego takes over and I boost a post that I really like on Facebook.
What number of leads were these tests able to provide?
A full, round ZERO!
It's totally okay to test things. Marketing today is characterized by a lack of results.
This leads me to agree:
Selling something is the best way to make it sell. You can earn the respect and trust of all who may buy your product.
Rand Fishkin (@randfish), February 4, 2015
A 7-Step Process for Getting a Million Website Visitors With Zero Ad Spend
Here's how it works:
- We pay attention to the keywords that our audience uses and the questions they ask when they search for answers to their business and marketing problems.
- To create a content calendar, we plan ahead and brainstorm articles over 6-12 months.
- We can share all we know to answer these questions. When answering these questions, we use examples, quotes and videos as well as infographics , keynotes, and whatever else we feel will be helpful to our audience.
- Our newsletter subscribers and social accounts receive our content. We also share content from other sources. Even competitors'! We know this is the best way to offer value for our audience.
- We are always testing our nurture channels and offers to inform our audiences about what we do without being intrusive.
- We measure and track SEO (impressions and rankings, traffic, and traffic) relative our competitors, the mainstream media and influencers.
- This tracking allows us to identify new ideas that we can use to create content for those keywords. Then, continue the process.
We stick to our plan no matter what.
You're probably thinking that you are too old to read the whole thing. You might be wondering if it is possible for this to be true. You might even wish you could achieve similar results.
You can see from the screen shots and data that this is how we have grown traffic and leads by providing simple, useful and consistent content.
We'd love to show you the standard, end-of post call-to action here if you want to achieve these results.
Our Content Builder Service can help you increase traffic to your website by providing quality content that is consistently published. Contact me for a quick consultation and I will send you a PDF copy of my books at no cost (a staggering $29 value). Get started today and generate more leads and traffic for your business.
Marketing Insider Group's post How We Rank #1 Get A Million Visitors (And Win All of Our New Customers) was first published.
By: Michael Brenner
Title: How We Rank #1 Get a Million Visitors (And Win All Our New Customers)
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/marketing-strategy/rank-1-get-million-website-visitors-win-new-customers-through-weekly-blog-content/
Published Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2022 09:05:57 +0000