It’s Q4, the pressure is on.
There are three months to reach your sales goals and finish the year on high notes.
The problem is?
Your sales pipeline is empty. Your prospects look bleak because no one is signing up to your offers.
There are still hope!
Here are some of my top strategies that will help you increase your B2B sales and hit your Q4 targets. These tips have helped me grow my agency. We also use these tried-and-true strategies for our clients.
Let’s get started and let’s open the floodgates for B2B sales.
10 ways to increase B2B sales
These strategies can be used to increase sales, and improve your Q4 pipeline, regardless of whether you are an SME or a large conglomerate.
Are you still not convinced about the purchasing power of social media platforms? You are wasting money.
- Social media users spend fifty-four percent of their time researching products across different platforms.
- Social media referrals account for seventy-one per cent of all users who make purchases.
- After a positive experience on social media, 77% will choose a brand to compete with.
What is social selling? It is the act of engaging with potential customers online.
You’re social selling and providing value every time you log in to Instagram and respond to a DM. This is a more gentle approach to cold emailing than cold emails and emphasizes building authentic, long-lasting relationships rather than traditional sales methods.
How can social selling be leveraged?
- Make your brand the industry expert. Use content marketing for prospect’s most pressing questions.
- Share testimonials and case studies: Social proof can be a powerful factor in online sales. Your results can be used to show you are the best and build a relationship of trust with your audience.
- Avoid wasting time creating content and focus on engagement. Build relationships, not content. Respond to all your DMs. Join LinkedIn groups and start conversations. Follow your ideal customers. Engage with their content.
- Talk about the transformation. People and businesses buy transformations, but not features. Focus on the outcome that someone gets by working with you when discussing your product or service online.
2. Support Your Sales Team
Bad sales rep interactions are the number one reason that can cost you a sale.
It doesn’t matter if someone ignores an email for weeks or sends a cold, threatening email that can quickly damage your brand’s reputation and cause you to lose Q4 income.
How can you avoid a sales disaster?
Training your team.
People will buy from people they trust, like and feel comfortable with. Sales reps must have the tools necessary to build a relationship and close sales.
To have a successful Qu4, ensure that your sales training includes
- These scripts can be used to avoid awkward silences and sounding uncertain.
- How to overcome common objections, and communicate your brand’s results.
- Strategies to find leads and move them along the buyer’s path.
Remember that the more skilled your sales team is, the faster you will reach your 150% Q4 sales goal.
3. Spend the holidays with cash
Holidays are a great time to increase your B2B sales. You can grab some of the disposable income that people have over the holidays if you have the right strategy.
These are some suggestions to help you get started.
- Expiring bonuses: This is a good idea for Cyber Monday and Black Friday. To create an urgency and FOMO (fear or missing out), remove one bonus each day.
- Increase the Price: Begin with the lowest price you can afford for an offer and gradually increase it each day.
- Make an offer: Design a holiday product, service or package. It’s possible to create a sense of urgency and tell your audience that it’s only for the holidays.
- Offer free shipping and discounts: Use the psychology of getting free stuff to attract more customers. It’s very difficult to resist the “zero price effect”, which is an emotional trigger that allows you to get something for nothing.
4. Refer to existing clients
Referrals are the backbone for any business.
This is the easiest sale you could make.
Referrals are warm leads, not cold pitches where you must establish trust before you can get a yes. Because they were referred by a friend, family member or colleague, the person trusts your brand and is willing to pay you money.
This is one reason influencer marketing dominates the online space. Brands pay for the trust and endorsement of content creators with their audience. This is more influential than an ad in the newspaper.
How can you get more referrals Make a referral program.
Your biggest supporters are the ones who do the most hard work: finding niche-specific leads that lead to sales.
5. Do not neglect cold calling or emailing
Cold calling (or emailing), isn’t dead.
It is alive and well and one of the best ways for increasing B2B sales in Q4.
But there’s a catch.
If done properly, cold outreach can only be effective
You won’t see any results if you mass-spam everyone and everyone with no strategy.
Nobody likes to listen to irrelevant pitches. It’s a great way to earn brownie points. Take the time to find a problem that you can solve, and present a solution in a way that is personalized, not mass-produced.
6. Pay-Per-Click Ads to Increase Leads
Are you still not using paid ads?
It’s time for you to get your hands on this golden mine. With over 80% of the world’s population now online, and more people using smartphones than ever before, it’s never been easier to stay connected.
You can increase your B2B sales by focusing on the keywords that your audience uses in order to solve the problem you are solving.
This will help you open a Google AdWords Account.
- PPC ads convert 50 percent more than organic advertising.
- Google ads can help increase brand awareness up to 80 percent
- Paid ads offer a 200 percent return on investment.
Social media results show similar impressive results. According to the Content Marketing Institute, B2B paid advertisement increased by 83 percent with LinkedIn ads leading the pack.
Paid social media was second among all paid distribution channels in terms of producing results, while SEM was first.
7. Make a list of potential clients
What is the best strategy to increase B2B sales? It is important to know exactly who you are targeting.
Before you dive into the other tips, be clear about who you are trying to convert into paying customers.
It is the foundation of your game strategy. It’s the foundation of your game plan. Without it you can only wish for a result, not make it happen.
How can you build a list potential clients? These questions :
- What number of employees does your dream client employ?
- What is the annual revenue of the business?
- What niche problem are you solving?
You have a better chance of increasing your B2B sales in slow quarters if you are more precise.
Once you have these answers, you can use tools such as LinkedIn and Angelist to search for companies that fit your ideal client profile.
8. Develop a Strong Email Marketing Strategy
Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter drops almost every two years. Influencers, business owners, users, and businesses spiral downwards.
It is a stark reminder that all the apps you have spent hours developing can disappear with just a click.
It’s important to get your followers on a platform that you have control over, such as email marketing. It’s not only profitable, but you will always have access to your subscribers (unless they unsubscribe).
According to OptinMonster email marketing generates $44 per $1. This is a staggering 4400% ROI making email marketing one of the most effective ways to increase B2B sales.
Get your Q4 off to a great start and get your email marketing strategy going.
Do you not have a mailing list? You can build your list over the next three months by opting in to email.
- Industry reports
9. Prioritize Video Content
Video marketing is here and disrupting the industry. But what makes it so effective?
Isn’t it quicker to read a few lines from a blog post (like what you are doing right now) rather than watch a 10-minute video?
Videos are more time-consuming than text but customers still prefer them to text. There are many business benefits.
- 95 percent of video messages are retained by viewers.
- 78% of marketers believe video content can increase sales.
- YouTube is the most influential platform for consumer behavior.
- Video increases site traffic, and pages are more viewed.
- After watching a demo video, online shoppers are 1.8x more likely convert.
Instagram is trying to compete against TikTok and is working hard for market share.
The result? The result? Instagram Reels receives high engagement and is prioritized above photos. Instagram has stated that it is a video-sharing platform and not a photo-sharing application.
The bottom line: You can add videos to any content marketing strategy and increase B2B sales. You can start a YouTube channel, create a Reels strategy, embed videos on your site, or set up a Reels account.
10. To increase B2B sales, use case studies
Selling to B2B can be a bit different than selling to B2C.
One, it’s not uncommon for more than one person to be involved in the decision-making process. You must show that your product or service is valuable if you want everyone to say yes.
Case studies are one of the best marketing tools to demonstrate this. This content is usually used at the beginning of the buyer’s decision-making process. This content can be a powerful tool to help you win business from prospects who are deciding between two options.
A case study can help you gain an outsider’s perspective to your advantage, as 81 percent of people trust their friends and family more than a business.
It doesn’t matter if you create the content. It’s about how a customer achieved a particular result. And what the client can expect from working alongside you.
It’s the all-important social proof that we mentioned earlier and can help drive more B2B sales during Q4.
Commonly Asked Questions about Increasing B2B Revenue
What is a B2B strategy and how can it help you?
B2B marketing is when a company sells its products or services to other businesses rather than individuals.
What are the 4 types of B2B Marketing?
There are four types in B2B marketing: resellers, producers, governments, institutions.
What is the B2B selling procedure?
B2B selling is the process by which a business markets and sells its products or services to another company.
What does B2B in sales mean?
B2B stands for business-to-business. This is when two businesses make a business deal. One company might buy raw materials from another company to make their final product.
Increase B2B Revenue Conclusion
The world of B2B selling has changed significantly over the past 10 years. However, there are many new tools available to you. Social selling and the rise in video content are not to be ignored. Instead, embrace them and make it a part of your Q4 B2B sales.
Your competitive advantage will increase if you are proactive with your strategies. You can keep trying new sales strategies, but stick to the ones that produce the results you desire.
Which strategy are you using to increase B2B sales during Q4?
By: Neil Patel
Title: How to Increase B2B Sales 150% During a Slow Q4
Sourced From: neilpatel.com/blog/increase-b2b-sales/
Published Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 20:00:00 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…