A fractional CMO might be a good option for small businesses that can't afford to hire a full-time market executive. A fractional CMO can offer many of the same benefits and benefits as a full time CMO, but without a long-term commitment.
Before you decide to pull the trigger, make sure that your content engine is up and running. A content marketing agency can help you save some money, as well as deliver a proven marketing strategy.
- When companies realized that they could hire executives on-demand on a contract basis, the fractional model was born. It was 20 years ago.
- The rise of the gig economy and a lack of trust between CEOs & CMOs has led to a significant rise in popularity in fractional CMOs.
- Around 60% of marketers produce at least one piece shareable content each day
- A content marketing agency will ensure consistent content, use SEO data, regular delivery and budget optimization
A fractional CMO is not necessary for every SMB. This article will tell you everything you need to know about fractional CMOs in the current market and how a content marketing agency might be better suited for your business.
What is a fractional CMO?
A fractional CMO can be described as a part-time, on-demand chief marketing officer. They are able to outsource their expertise and assume the full-time role of CMO without any commitment from the company. They mentor the marketing team in specific tasks such as:
- Marketing strategy definition
- Traffic and sales growth
- Improving digital presence
- Content management
- Marketing results reporting
Many SMBs and small-to-medium businesses can't afford a full time CMO. They opt instead for a fractional hiring to free up marketing budget. The average annual salary for an in-house CMO is $211K, while fractional CMOs earn about $130K per year.
Fractional leadership doesn't seem to be a new concept. The fractional model actually began over 20 years ago when companies realized that they could use on-demand finance executives for a contract basis.
Recent research has revealed a lack in trust between CEOs (CMOs) and CMOs. This is in addition to the popularity of the gig economy. This is why fractional CMOs have seen a dramatic increase in traffic.
Source Google Trends
Companies are listing more open positions for virtual, part-time and fractional executives in a growing number of places. This trend is supported by premium talent markets like Toptal or Catalant that make high-end remote talent available to companies.
The fractional CMO market is clearly growing rapidly. It is important to understand your business before you jump on the bandwagon.
Who Really Needs a Fractional CMO
A chief marketing officer in-house holds more responsibility. However, fractional CMOs are only able to provide honest feedback, guidance and training.
A company can benefit from fractional CMOs when it:
- A CMO is needed, but it's not possible to afford full-time leadership
- A CMO in-house can help you run campaigns
- A simple marketing strategy is enough to suffice for full-time leadership
Watch the video below to learn more about how your business could benefit from a fractional CMO.
Video Source: CMOwashere
While it may sound like a good financial decision to hire a fractional CMO, you might not actually need one. You may be able to find cheaper and more beneficial options such as hiring a content agency.
Why not prioritise content creation before hiring a fractional CMO?
Marketing best practices are all about content creation. 60% of marketers create shareable content at least once per day.
You can increase traffic to your site, engage customers and retain them by prioritizing high-quality content creation.
Consider turning your budget into work dollars before you hire a CMO. This will help you build brand awareness and educate your audience. It will also increase your credibility within your community.
Image Source: Viisme
A content marketing agency can help you master the art of content marketing. Content marketing agencies not only create an effective strategy but also:
- Create Consistent Content. Frequency and consistency are two of the most important elements in driving traffic to your site. A content marketing agency will ensure that you are able to share consistent high-quality content.
- Use HTML Data. Google is looking for content that uses keywords but also provides real value to humans. A team of SEO experts is available to help content marketing agencies deliver content that meets the strict standards of SERPs.
- Share performance reports. It is crucial to measure the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns in order to grow your business. Performance reports from content marketing agencies are a way to demonstrate their worth.
- Save Money. The latter will maximize your budget. In-house employees are more expensive than those who work with an agency's content marketing team.
Focusing your budget on content creation will allow you to answer your audience's questions with high-quality content. This creates a positive customer experience that encourages both engagement as well as conversions.
Get your Content Engine up and running today!
Before you hire a fraction CMO to define your marketing strategy, consider Marketing Insider Group. Marketing Insider Group is a team of professional writers, SEO experts and content strategists who can help you create and implement a winning marketing strategy.
Marketing Insider Group can help you grow your business by helping you to write a blog or scheduling a consultation.
Marketing Insider Group's first article, Get Your Content Engine Up and Running Before You Hire a Fractional CMO, appeared first on Marketing Insider Group.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some direct marketing examples you can think of?
Direct Marketing Examples include postcards, brochures, flyers, e-mails, etc.
Direct marketing is a great way to reach people anywhere you are. It's the best way to communicate with customers who have already chosen your product or service over another brand.
Know what type of message would be most appealing to your target markets.
Find out what your customer needs, then provide it.
Direct marketing can be used for many reasons. For example, you could send catalogs to potential customers or advertise in local newspapers.
You could also create a separate mailing list for your customers. You can easily add new subscribers to your list if you have a good contacts database.
Last but not least, ask existing customers if promotional materials are something they'd be interested in receiving. Sign up for special offers to receive discounts from some companies.
Which are the five best social media marketing strategies for your business?
Social Media Marketing is an excellent way to market your business online. It is a great tool to increase brand awareness, generate leads, and sell products. Here are five social media marketing strategies to help your business grow.
- Create a Facebook Fan Page – This allows you to interact directly with customers on Facebook. Upload photos, videos, as well as other files.
- Twitter – Promote your business on Twitter – Twitter is another great platform to connect with people and share information. You can increase your visibility with hashtags.
- Post Videos on YouTube – Uploading videos is very popular because many people enjoy watching them. If people like what they see, they may click on your website.
- Host Live Events. Organizing live events allows potential clients to meet face-toface. They will be able to ask questions about the products and services you offer.
- Respond to Customer Reviews – Positive reviews help build trust with your clients and encourage repeat purchases. Respond quickly to any negative comments.
What should I budget on my first digital marketing campaign for?
It all depends upon the type of campaign that you intend to launch. Your first campaign may cost you between $50 and $100.
Advertisement space can be purchased for search engines such Google or Bing. These ads are usually $10 per click.
Banner advertisements can be placed on any website. This will help attract new visitors, and also bring back old ones to your site.
A freelancer can also design banners for your company. The hourly rate for freelancers is typically between $20-30.
After you've created your first ad you can start tracking the results. You can find many free analytics software on the internet.
Data can also be tracked manually. You can use a spreadsheet to keep track of each metric, such as impressions, clicks, and impressions.
This data will allow you to determine if your campaign was successful.
If not, you can try different methods until you find one that works well.
What are the 4 functions of marketing?
Marketing is the art of creating demand for products and services.
It gives information about the company's offerings and its values and how they affect customers' lives.
Marketing also stimulates interest in an offering, builds awareness of the offering, and ultimately drives action (or purchase) in response to an invitation to act.
Marketing can be divided into four functions.
- You can create demand by building relationships with potential customers and convincing them that your product/service is worth their time.
- Stimulating interest – This is when you increase consumer awareness about your product or service.
- Building Awareness – This is the process of making sure that your customers are aware of your product or service, and why they may want to purchase it.
- Driving Action – This means that you ensure that your customers take action after learning about your products or services.
Why is it so important to define your brand?
Your company's brand is nothing more than a promise you make to your customers. A brand promises specific qualities and benefits that make your company stand apart from other companies. Your brand is what distinguishes you from others within the same industry.
A brand can give you authority and credibility. Prospective customers immediately recognize your company's logo and trust it to stand behind their products and services. They trust your company because you have earned their respect.
Your brand is also an expression of your company's culture. Your brand will reflect the passion of your employees for your product/service.
Your brand is more than just words and pictures. It's a promise to which your company lives up. It's a promise to provide value to your customers.
There are several things you should consider when developing your brand. You want your name to clearly describe what your company does. If you own a bakery, Sweet Dreams Bakery would be your choice. However, if your company is a software one, DreamSpark Software would be the best choice.
Next, consider how your brand will be presented. Will your logo be easily identifiable? Will you use colors that match your corporate look? Will you use logos
You must also think about the perceptions of your target market regarding your brand. Is it possible to portray yourself as friendly, helpful, and approachable? Will you be trustworthy and professional looking? Are you able to communicate your knowledge and experience?
These are all the questions that you should answer before building your brand.
How does marketing fit into business strategy?
Every business strategy must include marketing. Marketing is essential to any business strategy. Without it, nobody would be able to know about your company. Marketing without sales would be pointless. Marketing is an essential part of any business strategy.
But not everyone understands the importance of marketing. Marketing is not just about spending money on advertising campaigns. Marketing encompasses much more than this. Marketing covers everything you do for your company to be recognized and respected in the marketplace.
Think about how you want your customers to perceive you. What image will I project to my customers? How should I portray myself to the outside world?
If you can't answer these questions, then you aren't thinking about marketing.
- Today, 81% of brands around the world have affiliate programs. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- Companies that use personalization are seeing revenue increases ranging from 6-10%. (blog.hubspot.com)
- Meanwhile, a PartnerPath poll found that co-marketed ads help 68% of consumers arrive at a buying decision before even speaking to a salesperson. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- Many experts recommend you share 20% of your promotional content and 80% of other valuable content you find. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- This allows us to deliver CPCs that are 80% less than average and CTRs 4-5 times higher than average. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- SEO Learning Center Moz
- [Case Studies] How Moz ranked #1 for a high-volume Keyword in 3 Months or Less
20 Best Affiliate Marketing Strategies to Try In 2022
If you want to make money online, affiliate marketing may be one of the best ways to do so. Affiliate marketing is also one of the easiest ways to start because you need to sign up for an affiliate network such as ShareASale or Commission Junction and then place links on a website or blog. The commission you receive when someone purchases from one of those links will earn you a commission.
Here are 20 strategies for affiliate marketing that you can try in 2022
- Create a Content Calendar
- Google Adwords
- Start Your Podcast
- Join A Blogging Network
- Build An Email List
- Earn Cash for Reviews
- You can become an influencer
- Offers Free Trials
- Start a Membership Site
- Sell Products On Amazon
- Write Articles
- Create a YouTube Channel
- Host Events
- Develop A Mobile App
- Promote Your Business Online
- Run Facebook Ads
- Register for a Twitter Account
- Increase your Instagram Followers
- Be transparent with your customers
- Earn More Money In The Long Term
By: Michael Brenner
Title: Get Your Content Engine Running Before Hiring A Fractional CMO
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/content-marketing/get-your-content-engine-running-before-hiring-a-fractional-cmo/
Published Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 11:03:49 +0000