In spirit of 2023’s Oscar Awards, we’re naming 10 small businesses that we believe deserve recognition for the best content marketing.
Every great business owner knows that committing to the best content marketing practices can take your profits to the next level. But what exactly are the best content marketing practices? And how can you apply them to your own business to maximize your ROI?
We have proven that the key to great content marketing is to prioritize consistency and expertise. Sharing meaningful newsletters, blog posts, and social media updates, can make a serious impact on the success of your business.
Not convinced? We have proof! Below, we’re recognizing 10 small businesses that deserve content marketing awards for not only their commitment, but also their impressive results. And, we’re featuring the cold hard facts to prove it.
- Oberer Homes saw a 26% rise in organic search and 110+ top ranking keywords on Google by committing to consistency
- Contract Logix increased search visibility from 11.55% to 12.17% by outsourcing content creation
- Nutanix gained organic readership of almost 35% by sharing engaging, authentic content via their newsletter, The Forecast
- RevBoss built a research-based SEO strategy to publish 100+ blog posts and rank for 120+ keywords
When companies are dedicated to the best content marketing practices, they’re guaranteed to see growth and better ROI.
10 Small Businesses With The Best Content Marketing
Without further ado, here’s 10 examples of small businesses that deserve content marketing awards.
1. Most Consistent: Oberer Homes
Oberer Homes, one of Ohio’s best real-estate companies and semi-custom home builders, takes the cake when it comes to consistency.
After realizing their content marketing strategy lacked regularity and data-based research, Oberer partnered with Marketing Insider Group to develop a plan that promised results. After an initial assessment, keyword research, strategy meetings, and a few months of publishing high-quality content, Oberer saw:
- 26% rise in organic search compared to 2021
- 17% increase in number of web visitors compared to 2021
- 6/10 top ranking landing pages are blog posts
- 110+ top ranking keywords on Google
- Significant jumps in visibility, traffic, and ranking position
Not only did Oberer’s traffic increase, but so did their confidence. By posting content consistently that resonated with their audience, Oberer saw serious results that boosted their performance.
[From: How Oberer Homes Earned More Traffic, Rankings, and Leads with Our Content Marketing Service]
Check out: 5 House Construction Mistakes to Avoid When Building a Home in Dayton, OH
2. Most Meaningful: Televerde
While consistency and high-volume are major players in content marketing, success is hard to come by without posting meaningful content. Sales and marketing experts, Televerde, saw a 4x increase in ranking keywords after prioritizing the connection their content made with their audience.
Between September 2020 and May 2021, Televerde saw a significant increase in website users (28%), new users (23%), and total sessions (42%). Not to mention, the conversions from their “Contact Us” page also saw an impressive 65% jump.
Televerde found success by shifting their focus and sharing content that offered value to their audience. After they committed to delivering high quality content, they saw the best content marketing practices increase both engagement and conversions.
[From: How Televerde Gained Double-Digit Increases in Traffic and Leads with Our Content Marketing Service]
Check out: 6 Most Socially Conscious Companies in Business Today
3. Most Resourceful: Contract Logix
Contract Logix, a B2B SAS company, needed an effective way to teach potential clients about their contract management software. After learning about the power of best content marketing practices, they committed to a strategy that prioritized informative, persuasive content. There was just one problem: they didn’t have the bandwidth to create new content consistently.
That’s where Marketing Insider Group comes in. Contract Logix decided that outsourcing content creation made the most sense for their team, and within 18 months of working together, MIG and Contract Logix:
- Ideated 150 keywords
- Approved 136 headlines
- Delivered 85 1000-word articles
As a result, Contract Logix gained a huge amount of traffic from blog posts, qualified leads, and conversions:
- Search visibility increased from 11.55% to 12.17%
- Traffic increased from 13.34% to 13.89%
- Average position increased from 49.75% to 50.32%
By August 2022, Contract Logix had almost 100 keyword rankings in Google’s top 100. Who knew that outsourcing content creation could be the key to success?
[From: How MIG Helped Contract Logix Supercharge Its Content Marketing Strategy]
Check out: What Is Contract Management Software?
4. Best Growth: Nutanix
In 2019, Nutanix created The Forecast, a newsletter that covers the latest trends in cloud computing, technology, and their impact on business.
By sharing engaging, authentic content via The Forecast, Nutanix has grown their audience with organic SEO, social distribution, paid media, and free subscriptions. Their numbers say it all:
- Almost 200,000 unique visitors
- 365,000+ page views (137% YoY)
- 1,100+ newsletter subscribers (332% YoY)
- Organic readership of almost 35%
By coupling their high quality content with paid promotions, Nutanix has seen exponential growth in organic search traffic.
All of their efforts earned them the title of “2020 Content Award Finalist” for Best Overall Editorial, Best B2B Branded Content, and Best New Digital Publication. Nutanix’s rapid growth from smart content marketing proves that it’s all worth the effort.
[From: Nutanix Content Hub ‘The Forecast’ Wins Awards On Massive Growth]
Check out: Step-By-Step Guide to Building a Private Cloud
5. Most Innovative: DivvyHQ
By combining thought leadership with a quirky, conversational voice, DivvyHQ, a B2B SaaS company, found an innovative way to cater to the needs of their audience. Ever since they applied this approach to their blog-focused content, they saw a 450% increase in organic traffic.
Their engaging approach to high-quality content earned them:
- A few hundred email subscribers
- Dozens of trials and leads
- 2.4x as many keyword rankings
- Revenue earned exceeds costs by 7x
DivvyHQ learned that keeping their content engine running is key to success. Now they publish 4-5 new blog articles per week and have an effective content marketing strategy that delivers ROI.
[How Content Marketing Drives Traffic and Growth for B2B SaaS Companies]
Check out: Content Calendar Examples from Brands that are Killing It in Content Marketing
6. Best SEO: RevBoss
RevBoss knows how to find unique, personalized solutions to not only their client’s problems, but also their own. They also understand the importance of a solid strategy, and it shows in their consistent content marketing efforts.
After working with MIG to build a research-based SEO strategy, develop a list of keywords and blog topics, and publish high-quality blog posts to their site, RevBoss surpassed their competitors with flying colors.
With 100+ blog posts and 120+ top ranking keywords, RevBoss has not only proven the power of an SEO-based content marketing strategy, but also reaped its benefits.
[How RevBoss Earned 120+ Ranking Keywords and Surpassed Their Top Competitors on Google]
Check out: Outbound Marketing for Saas: What No One Is Telling You
7. Best Strategy: Intermedia
Intermedia, a unified communications company, has been hard at the marketing game for 4 years, and it shows in their results. When it comes to the best content marketing practices, Intermedia checks all the boxes:
- Updated annual strategy based on their business
- 2 new weekly blog posts
- Link building through guest posts
- Sales and executive team webinars and interview-based articles
- 3rd-party PR Placements
- Zemanta content promotion
Because of Intermedia’s long-term commitment to great content marketing, they compete with the strongest competition in the market. While it looks like some of their competitors have much bigger paid marketing budgets, Intermedia is outperforming them on SEO in many important topical areas because their strategy and consistency is paying off.
By sticking to a solid long-term plan, Intermedia has made a major positive impact on both their business and audience.
Check out: Unified Communications Explained – Everything You Need to Know to Get Started
8. Best Link-Building: Orbit Media
Orbit Media, a web design agency from Chicago, ranks competitively despite being a small business. How, you ask? Strategic link building.
Orbit Media developed a content marketing strategy that focuses on creating:
- High-quality content
- Meaningful relationships with content marketing influencers
These two aspects work together to attract links back to Orbit Media’s website, allowing their content to rank high and generate qualified leads.
Each of Orbit Media’s blog posts are well designed, optimized for SEO, and feature influencer quotes. When industry influencers are featured in Orbit Media’s content, they often return the favor and send backlinks to Orbit Media’s website. With more backlinks and domain authority, Orbit Media’s content reigns supreme on SERPs.
Check out: Homepage Best Practices: 20 Things to Add to Your Homepage Design (and 5 things to remove)
9. Most Creative: ConvertKit
As an email marketing platform, ConvertKit knows a thing or two about making connections. By focusing on the interests of their target audience, they created a content marketing strategy that made a huge impact.
To connect with their ideal customer, ConvertKit developed a series of “Creator Stories” to share the challenges, breakthroughs, and successes of online content creators.
Image Source: ConvertKit
For a content marketing strategy to be great, it needs to add valuable insight to the lives of its customers. ConvertKit combined creativity and value to develop the best content marketing strategy for their business.
Check out: How to set yourself up for avoiding burnout in 2023
10. Best Leads: Tech Media Agency
One of Marketing Insider Group’s clients (sorry we can’t reveal their name), a tech media agency, knew that it took marketing expertise to generate quality leads. Within less than one year of working with MIG, this client:
- Earned 200+ ranking keywords (100+ in Google’s top 20)
- Out-ranked 4 of their biggest competitors in search visibility
- Gained 3x the amount of inbound leads (from blog posts)
After seeing an influx of inbound leads, this client quickly realized the power of sharing high-quality blog articles. By consistently posting content optimized for conversion, this tech media company turned product-page-visitors into first-time buyers.
[From: How a Tech Media Agency Earned 2-3X the Inbound Leads with MIG’s Content Services]
11. Best Overall? Marketing Insider Group
We’ll leave that decision up to you. We are content marketing experts, after all.
At MIG, we know our recommended approach to content marketing works because we walk the walk. It’s hard to generate traffic and rank without spending, but with years of trial and error, we’ve developed a plan that generates results. We see nearly a million visitors every year and all our leads comes directly from the organic search results our content delivers.
The key to creating the best content marketing strategy is building your high-quality content arsenal. Success doesn’t happen overnight, but by consistently creating content that offers value to your audience, it’s only a matter of time before the rankings start rolling in.
When you answer the questions of your readers via content, like blog posts, you can compete with big-budget competitors, even if you don’t have one yourself. Here’s the numbers:
- MIG ranks in the top 100 search results for 23,305 keywords
- We rank in the top 3 for 577 keywords
- We rank in the top 10 for 1,451 keywords
When your content ranks, your organic search traffic grows and generates qualified leads. Our keyword rankings grew our search traffic by 6x in just 3 years, and earned us about 100,000 site-visitors per month. I’d say those numbers deserve a content marketing award!
[From: Taking Our Own Medicine: Our Strategic Approach to Generating More Organic Traffic]
Check out: The Ultimate Content Marketing Strategy Template
Do You Want To Win Best Content Marketing?
The best content marketing strategies focus on sharing a high volume of meaningful content consistently. When you commit to content marketing best practices long-term, you’re guaranteed to see results.
Not sure where to start? Marketing Insider Group can help. Our team of experts knows what it takes for your company to win best content marketing. Get started today by checking out our weekly blog content service, or schedule a free consultation now to learn more!
The post And the Oscar Goes to… Our 2023 Content Marketing Awards appeared first on Marketing Insider Group.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which are the best digital marketing strategies you can do from your home?
Digital marketing can be a great way to reach customers who spend their most time online. It is also an excellent way to generate leads that will help your business.
You can use social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to promote your brand. You can also make use of email marketing tools for sending emails to prospects and potential clients.
You have many options for marketing your product or service via digital media.
These channels can be used effectively if you have the right knowledge.
What is the difference of advertising and marketing?
Advertising is a communication method that promotes products or brands. Advertising is usually accompanied by a clear call for action, such “Buy Now!” Click here or “Buy Now!”
On the other hand, marketing is a way of communicating your company's mission, vision, and values to potential customers. Marketing helps to build relationships with prospects and customers.
Online sales of shoes can be a great example of marketing. You may use marketing to tell a story about you and what you have to offer. Your history, philosophy and commitment to quality could be discussed. You could also share testimonials from customers who are satisfied with your products. Or you might even create an event where you give away free pairs of shoes to encourage people to visit your website.
Marketing is simply telling stories. Advertising is about selling products.
What are the seven steps of an internet marketing strategy.
Internet marketing strategies are used for achieving business goals using online media. The seven essential steps of internet marketing include planning, research implementation, monitoring, analysis and optimization. Each step is vital for successful internet marketing and should all be completed regularly.
- Planning – This step involves identifying your target audience and developing a plan for how you want to reach them. Consider who might purchase your product/service.
- You can understand the needs of your customer and help you choose the best products or services to meet them. Research also provides valuable insights into trends and consumer behavior.
- Implementation is as simple as choosing a platform such Facebook and deciding where to put your ads. After you have chosen the platforms that you want, make sure they are properly set up. Also, consider whether to pay per Click or spend money advertising.
- Monitoring – This is how you can see if your efforts have been successful. Google Analytics Analytics can be used to track traffic flow, conversion rates and customer demographics.
- This allows you compare results to benchmarks as well as previous performance levels. This step will guide you on how to improve if there are areas that are not performing well.
- Optimization – Optimizing your site means making changes to increase its efficiency in attracting visitors. You could, for example, add new features to your site or modify how visitors navigate it.
- Evaluation – This is where you can assess how your campaign is performing. Are there opportunities to improve? If you don't, then you have probably reached your goal. If you still have issues to resolve, you will need another evaluation.
How do you build an Ecommerce Marketing Plan
The first step is to define what you want. This should include products or services that relate to your business. But, you must also offer enough variety for customers to be interested.
The second step is to determine how much advertising, promotion, and other marketing strategies you will need. There may be multiple marketing methods you need, such direct mail and email blasts as well as social media sites and search engine optimization.
Once you have a rough idea of your budget, you can start to plan for each option. You might want to consult an expert in e-marketing if you aren't sure which marketing strategy is best for you business. They will help determine the best method for you.
Once you have a plan you can begin implementing it. It is possible to hire someone else to assist you in this process.
It doesn't mean you have to start over. Rely on proven strategies that have been successful for other online stores. Always test all changes before making them.
You should never forget that your ultimate goal is to increase sales and profits. Your eCommerce marketing strategy should consider both long-term and short-term goals.
Read our article about eCommerce Marketing Tips if you are looking to increase your sales. We hope these tips help you to achieve success.
What should I budget on my first digital marketing campaign for?
It all depends on what type of campaign you want to launch. Your first campaign may cost you between $50 and $100.
Advertisement space can be purchased for search engines such Google or Bing. These ads are usually $10 per click.
Banner ads can be placed at different places on a website that has a website. This will help you attract new customers and return them to your site.
You can also hire a freelancer for banner design. Freelancers are typically paid between $20 and $30 an hour.
Once you have created your first ad, you can begin tracking results. There are many free tools that can help you analyze your website.
You can also track data manually. You can use a spreadsheet to keep track of each metric, such as impressions, clicks, and impressions.
These data can be used to assess the success of your campaign.
You can always try other methods until you find the one that works.
What are some indirect marketing examples?
Think of ways you could use indirect marketing techniques to promote your business. One example is a social media campaign that encourages people to upload pictures of their products. This would spread awareness about your brand.
Advertise in local papers if you are an auto shop owner.
Other examples include sending coupons to customers' e-mail inboxes or posting ads on bulletin boards in public places.
Direct marketing is a great option because it's not expensive.
But trusting people takes time. You'll need patience as you promote your business.
It is also important to track how effective your campaigns have been. Track the number leads generated by each method.
This will help you to determine which method is best for your company.
- A poll earlier this year found that 14% of older Gen Z's had bought an item in the previous six months based on an influencer's recommendation. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- Companies that use personalization are seeing revenue increases ranging from 6-10%. (blog.hubspot.com)
- This allows us to deliver CPCs that are 80% less than average and CTRs 4-5 times higher than average. (marketinginsidergroup.com)
- In 2017, 34% of marketers cited co-branding as the most effective way to increase the number of email subscribers. (influencermarketinghub.com)
- 81% of brands employ affiliate marketing, and eCommerce sites are particularly good candidates. (blog.hubspot.com)
Six Types of Ecommerce Marketing
How do I market an eCommerce store?
Ecommerce marketing is one the most difficult marketing tasks. It requires that you understand your customers and their buying processes. You also need to understand how your products and service interact with them. You can then create a strategy that will help you achieve your goals.
There are six types eCommerce marketing strategies.
- Product Strategy – The first step is determining what kind of product you want to sell online. There are three main categories: physical goods (things), digital goods (services), and membership sites. After you've chosen which category of goods you want to work with you will need decide whether you offer wholesale or regular retail prices. Wholesale pricing lets you determine the price of your products. Retail pricing requires you to charge customers for your products directly.
- Pricing Strategy – Next, figure out how much revenue you would like to make by selling your products. You should consider profit margins, competition, shipping costs, taxes, etc. There are two ways to increase profits when pricing your products: decrease your cost per unit and/or increase sales volume.
- Promotion Strategy – This is where the fun begins! You need to develop a promotion strategy that works best for your business. You can offer free shipping, special discounts or coupons. You might try to think of new promotional ideas, if none are available.
- Shipping Strategy – After you have determined how to promote your products you must now think about how you will get them in front of people. Will you ship via USPS/FedEx, UPS, DHL or another delivery method? Do you intend to use a fulfillment facility or do all the work yourself?
- Merchandise Management System- The software you use to manage your inventory, track orders or fulfill orders is called the merchandise management system. You have the option to choose from many systems, depending on your preferences and budget.
- Customer Service Strategy: Finally, it is important to create a customer-friendly strategy for your company. Are you going to provide phone support or email support? Can customers contact you through live chat, social media, or even snail mail?
By: Lauren Basiura
Title: And the Oscar Goes to… Our 2023 Content Marketing Awards
Sourced From: marketinginsidergroup.com/content-marketing/content-marketing-awards/
Published Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 10:05:25 +0000