Black Friday is a great time to increase your sales. Businesses increase their sales and marketing efforts during Black Friday to meet high customer demand.
Are you unsure where to begin? Black Friday ads are a great way to generate revenue quickly.
Are Black Friday Ad Campaigns Effective?
Black Friday is not a new e-commerce trend. Black Friday deals still bring in as high as $9 billion annually. Effective Black Friday ads can help you increase your revenue and leverage the audience’s interest.
Top 8 Black Friday Ad campaign Tips
These simple, yet powerful strategies will help you create successful Black Friday advertising campaigns.
1. Clear your Sales Specials
If people don’t know what they’re buying, how can they buy from you?
Make your Black Friday ads clear. Take this example from First Hotels.
The first word explains the purpose of the offer. The rest of the ad copy uses simple language to draw attention towards the Black Friday ad.
Another example is from the Clash Of Clans Twitter account.
How can you ensure that your Black Friday advertising campaign is clear and attractive?
- Add Black Friday to a large font that is easy on the eyes.
- Simple ad copy, such as the one in the Clash of Clans photo, makes it easy to understand.
- To draw attention, use striking visuals and animations.
2. 2. Research the best platforms to run campaigns on
There are many platforms that offer different strategies, so the best ways to create a Black Friday advertising campaign will vary. To get the best out of your money and time, research the top ad campaign platforms.
You’ll be able to identify which platforms are most effective for you and the content that you post. This will allow you to tailor your marketing strategies to each platform’s unique features.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Are you looking to make your Black Friday ads more visually appealing? Use social media platforms such as Instagram. This is a great way to promote fashion and food brands.
- Engaging text is a great way to grab the attention of your audience. Use social media platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn. This is great for magazines, SEO services and other text-focused companies.
- You want to create an advertisement campaign that includes both images and text? Use social media platforms such as Facebook. This is a great way to reach all industries, whether you are a small business owner or a global franchisee.
When choosing the platform to run your Black Friday advertising campaign, it is important to consider your marketing budget.
It is a good idea to compare the prices of each social media platform and advertising platform to determine how much you would need to achieve similar results.
Although not all results will be replicated, this will give an idea of which platform could help you get your dollar further.
3. Get started early to reap the benefits
Do not wait until the last minute to launch your Black Friday advertising campaign. Holiday season can bring higher ad campaign fees, so make sure to get your marketing skills up and running as soon as possible.
Here are some reasons it works:
- If there is little or no bidding for similar products or services, you can launch effective ads campaigns before your competitors.
- Buy ads that are relatively cheap to save money.
- Your audience will be interested in your offer and this can increase sales.
How can you start your career early?
Plan what your Black Friday ads will contain in advance. To refine your plan, you can use audience analysis (more details below).
To build interest and excitement, you can use words such as “upcoming”, “soon”, and “stay tuned”. This is also a crucial step in audience research. You’ll be able to make informed decisions about word choice and structure if you have conducted A/B testing with frequent customers.
Set a date for your launch. You can use the low competition time to attract attention and start your Black Friday advertising campaign a few days earlier than the average business.
Black Friday deals are usually advertised by businesses about a week before the event. For Black Friday advertising campaigns, however, I recommend that you consider the first week in November.
4. Cyber Monday Cash in
The term “BFCM” is a popular term during Black Friday. It stands for Black Friday Cyber Monday. This refers to the period between these two days when the majority of e-commerce shops offer huge deals.
Here’s a Pololu example of a Black Friday Cyber Monday advertisement
This strategy works because people are already shopping during the season. Combining ads can increase e-commerce interest.
These are some tips to remember when creating a BFCM ad.
- In your ad copy, highlight Cyber Monday and Black Friday.
- Make sure the ad copy is clear. Avoid cluttering it with too many colors and content.
- Be clear about your offers. Offer discounts, deals, or free trials? Are you offering discounts, deals, free trials, etc.
5. Understand Your Audience
It doesn’t matter if you have the most creative Black Friday ad.
Consider this: A bicycle advertisement is not something you would show to someone who travels only by car.
Data shows that Millennials spend the most on Black Friday deals. If your business model is relevant, it might be more efficient to market to this audience.
These tips will help you to understand your audience and create compelling ads.
- Be very specific about your customer. What are their favorite and least favourite things? What grabs their attention?
- To ensure you see the whole picture, create a buyer persona. To do this better, you can use HubSpot’s Make My Persona tool.
- Get customer feedback via surveys and feedback forms. QuickTapSurvey offers a simple, but powerful example.
- Try different words to find the best way to connect with your audience. Change the pronouns to “you” and “we” or vice versa. To see what works best, you can also experiment with completely different copy.
- Use graphics, images and headlines to test your strategies. This will help you identify the weak points in your Black Friday advertising campaign and suggest ways to improve them.
Once you have a better understanding of your audience, you can now make sure that your Black Friday ads are relevant to them.
This is where social media platforms such as Facebook can help. Facebook, for example, offers many targeting options and retargeting options that allow you to target the exact customers you are looking for.
You can use your buyer persona to create targeted ad campaigns that appeal to your target buyer. This will help you reach the right people and not waste money.
7. Optional Recoverable Carts
People will often visit an e-commerce site to browse your products and add some to their carts, but not buy. Abandoned carts are a major reason why e-commerce businesses lose $18 billion annually in sales revenue.
There are options available to help carts be recovered. Here are some ways to do it:
Learn and Make Changes
Begin by understanding why people abandon the process halfway through. Is it the shipping costs? Do you have any plans to offer free or discounted shipping on Black Friday?
Offers Better Deals
Customers may not want to purchase the product but want to compare other products or wait for a discounted price. This is a great opportunity for e-commerce businesses to use Black Friday discounts and special deals to their customers.
Take, for example, the TargetBay email sharing the abandoned cart recovery message.
These emails serve three main purposes:
- If customers forget their password while browsing, it reminds them to complete the transaction.
- Because you are sending them targeted offers directly to their inbox, it creates trust and loyalty.
- This gives you an advantage over your competitors who don’t offer such deals.
8. Do not forget basic ad campaign optimization
Marketers sometimes overlook basic optimization strategies for ad campaigns in their quest to write highly effective copy. Do not be one of these people.
Make sure you pay attention to the details in order to get the best Black Friday advertising campaign results. This checklist will make it easier.
- Budget What’s your budget to run the Black Friday advertising campaign? How do you efficiently distribute it across various advertising and social media channels?
- Copy:Is it clear and simple to read? Double- and triple-check your spelling and grammar.
- Platform features Are all marketing features available on the platform you choose? Are you using the correct targeting tools on Facebook, for example? Are your Instagram ads visually appealing?
- Platform limits Be aware of platform limits such as word count, number characters visible, image display and page position. If you don’t do it right, this can cause problems with how your ad appears.
Black Friday Ad CampaignFrequently Asked Questions
These are the top Black Friday Ad Campaign questions.
Does it make sense to create a Black Friday marketing strategy?
Yes, Black Friday marketing is essential. Black Friday is a lucrative time to market your products and services. E-commerce shoppers spend billions of dollars during this season.
How do I choose the keywords that I should target in my Black Friday tactical advertising campaigns?
Keyword research tools such as Ubersuggest, Ahrefs and Moz can help you choose the right keywords to use in your Black Friday ads. You can also learn which Black Friday keywords will resonate by studying your audience’s consumption habits and needs.
What time should my Black Friday advertising campaign begin?
It is important to start early if you want to get the most from your marketing efforts. To build interest and excitement, you can start teasing your offers as early as November. It’s also cheaper than starting closer the event.
What are your top tips for Black Friday 2021 advertising campaigns?
Black Friday 2021 advertising tips include audience research, targeting and retargeting techniques and cashing in on Cyber Monday sales.
Black Friday Ad Campaign Tips Conclusion
Black Friday is a great opportunity to grab customer attention, increase brand awareness and boost your revenue.
This may seem intimidating given the size of the event. However, I hope these tips will help you create a Black Friday advertising campaign strategy.
You can learn more about audience research or ad targeting by reading my guides.
What strategy would you choose to use to increase your Black Friday advertising campaign?
By: Neil Patel
Title: These Tactical Black Friday Ad Campaign Tips Can Increase Your Revenue 200%
Sourced From: neilpatel.com/blog/black-friday-ad-campaigns/
Published Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 18:00:00 +0000
Did you miss our previous article…